Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
And multiple people have called mcdonagh their worst defenseman. It’s full blown chaos over there. Very fun read

Having watched the series, I disagree with them. But yeah that's what happens on a board after blowing a series lead. They all were struggling, including Stralman who seems to be losing a step/or injured.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If Lou is going for it,Kieffer Bellows is a David Quinn recruit. He would fit the Rangers plan. Bellows left BU after his freshman season for the WHL. Gorton traded with the Devils. He isn’t afraid to make a trade.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
There is still a difference between being good at hockey and not being Tanner Glass.

Wilson is closer to the latter than the former.

What you want is a Wayne Simmonds type player. Someone who is actually good at hockey.
Wilson is good at hockey

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Friedman said he thinks the Rangers will be conservative in their moves this summer. Long way rebuild. He could see them bringing back Nash or Grabner at a lower number. The Rangers need to find out if some of their guys can play.

Nash or Grabner were terrible for their new teams. Time to turn the page.
Or time to buy low.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Friedman said he thinks the Rangers will be conservative in their moves this summer. Long way rebuild. He could see them bringing back Nash or Grabner at a lower number. The Rangers need to find out if some of their guys can play.

Nash or Grabner were terrible for their new teams. Time to turn the page.
Please, no. Why the f*** we need Nash and Grabner? Just play the kids, I guess if we trade Zuccarello and don't sign Kovalchuck one of them would be fine, but even so... That ship has sailed for me.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Please, no. Why the **** we need Nash and Grabner? Just play the kids, I guess if we trade Zuccarello and don't sign Kovalchuck one of them would be fine, but even so... That ship has sailed for me.
Which kids should we be playing that Nash and Grabner would block?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

How would we know until they play? If this season went a little better do we see Pionk or ADA at the end of the year?

Not that I am saying they are the best players ever or any of them will ultimately work out but the Rangers have 7 forwards signed for next year, 5 of which we would assume are playing if not traded, they have 4 RFA F who if re-signed and not moved will also be assumed to make the team, so like 9 forwards already. Add in Chytil, Lias if they make the jump to NHL regulars and they are at 11 forwards. The 12th of course being the re-signing of Mcleod.

Reactions: Fvital92

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Please, no. Why the **** we need Nash and Grabner? Just play the kids, I guess if we trade Zuccarello and don't sign Kovalchuck one of them would be fine, but even so... That ship has sailed for me.
If you can sign Nash at a fair cap hit for 2 years, you absolutely do it. He would be a tremendous veteran to have around.

His reputation is built on playing the right way and being the consummate professional and treating his career as seriously as it needs to be. He'd be a very good (be example) leader during this transition.

Reactions: RGY

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Lettieri, Chytil, Andersson, Nieves. We have Spooner and Namestnikov, our players right now are KZB ,Zucc, Hayes, Spooner, Namestnikov, Chytil, Fast,Vesey, Andersson.
Do you think Rick Nash won't be a 17 min per game player in this team? Give the ice time for young kids.
I'm over the "Rick Nash looks awesome but is snakebitten" phase.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How would we know until they play? If this season went a little better do we see Pionk or ADA at the end of the year?

Not that I am saying they are the best players ever or any of them will ultimately work out but the Rangers have 7 forwards signed for next year, 5 of which we would assume are playing if not traded, they have 4 RFA F who if re-signed and not moved will also be assumed to make the team, so like 9 forwards already. Add in Chytil, Lias if they make the jump to NHL regulars and they are at 11 forwards. The 12th of course being the re-signing of Mcleod.
There are many ways to know that players are unlikely to be NHL players without seeing them fail at the NHL level. Do you think there are forwards in the system at the level of Pionk or DeAngelo even?

I'm on team trade some of the group Zuccarello, Spooner and Vladdy for young assets. Replace them with free agent contracts that are designed to be tradeable (for young assets) if next season goes the same as the last one.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
If you can sign Nash at a fair cap hit for 2 years, you absolutely do it. He would be a tremendous veteran to have around.

His reputation is built on playing the right way and being the consummate professional and treating his career as seriously as it needs to be. He'd be a very good (be example) leader during this transition.
He would demand too much ice time for my likining. We have Lundqvist, Staal, Shattenkirk, it's not like we ice a bunch of punks that don't know how to be a pro.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
No one has any idea what the Rangers are going to do with 10 picks in the first 93 and 30M of cap space or so.. no one has any direction what Gorton will go in. The Rangers weren't good last year they weren't making the playoffs, Nash and Grabner were going regardless and Mcdonagh wasnt that confusing either he had one year left on his deal and is going to be 30 and not the same player anymore.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
No one has any idea what the Rangers are going to do with 10 picks in the first 93 and 30M of cap space or so.. no one has any direction what Gorton will go in. The Rangers weren't good last year they weren't making the playoffs, Nash and Grabner were going regardless and Mcdonagh wasnt that confusing either he had one year left on his deal and is going to be 30 and not the same player anymore.
Hey, I'm looking forward to the coming draft (and would love to acquire even more picks) also, but just to be clear, as of now they still only have 8 of the top 101 picks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad