Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Those are practice lines. Lias isn't officially back up.

In other words, don't react until there is something to react to.

Yeah I hear you, but this was one of our only beat writers throwing out conflicting information. That was kinda my point. All of these moving parts don't make sense - something isn't right here.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Colorado might trade their own 1st rounder. They aren't trading Ottawa's

Depends on the return. The part of @RangerBoy i agree with is that everyone is for sale but not all. Confused? If we take Colorado I want Kamenev and a pick: if it’s Hayes then it could be Aves own pick plus Kamenev, if Zibanejad then Kamenev and Ottawa’s first. But the thing is they won’t trade both.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Depends on the return. The part of @RangerBoy i agree with is that everyone is for sale but not all. Confused? If we take Colorado I want Kamenev and a pick: if it’s Hayes then it could be Aves own pick plus Kamenev, if Zibanejad then Kamenev and Ottawa’s first. But the thing is they won’t trade both.
For some reason, Bednar isn’t playing the kid, even after Jost got put on IR for an apparent head injury. Either way, Hayes is almost too perfect of a fit for a trade with Colorado. The Avs have a decent list of guys who would be a good return for Hayes. If they want Mika, they need to pony up Makar or the Ottawa pick.

Reactions: kovazub94

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I am 100% trying to make the stars align, but how bad is Victor Rask hurt? Sliced his hand up good. Carolina's looking at Aho, Staal, Wallmark and Nicholas Roy down the middle. Rumors were going that Adam Fox is going UFA to sign near New York. Gorton wants developed prospects.

Maybe a deal can be made there. Carolina is supposedly in the mix for Nylander. They are trying to take the next step.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I am 100% trying to make the stars align, but how bad is Victor Rask hurt? Sliced his hand up good. Carolina's looking at Aho, Staal, Wallmark and Nicholas Roy down the middle. Rumors were going that Adam Fox is going UFA to sign near New York. Gorton wants developed prospects.

Maybe a deal can be made there. Carolina is supposedly in the mix for Nylander. They are trying to take the next step.
Waddell did an interview yesterday and mentioned that Rask is on track to return for the first week of December

Reactions: DutchShamrock

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, some of think it's funny, there's literally no need to **** on it.

I just don't want to read people calling one of our most important prospects a nickname that's idiotic, that's all.

The only people who should be weighing in on whether something is funny or not is bernmeister and I, your democratically elected humor authorities.

Well, you've never been all that funny, so...

(kidding)

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Elliotte Friedman said he thinks there are teams trying to acquire Hayes right now. 31 Thoughts podcast.

Which teams?

The Avs? Zibanejad is perfect for them. Fills their need at center behind MacKinnon. Hayes? Sakic is trading his first for Hayes? He is a little conservative for that.

Winnipeg? Cheveldayoff moves like a glacier. He traded a 1st to rent Stastny last year. Does he trade another 1st for another rental?

Bruins? That is a one line team and Sweeney needs to do something. Sweeney regretted trading the first to the Rangers in the Nash deal.

Sharks?

Why are we trading a 25 year old center on a great contract who's improving every year? He's a guy we should be building around not trading for picks or futures. He is the future.

They don’t own their next two 1st rounders thanks to the Kane and Karlsson trades.

2021 1st for Hayes.

Dallas? They need help at center. Hayes is an upgrade over Spezza who has played well for the Stars so far. Nill is not a big rental guy.

Carolina? They are saving their assets for Nylander.

A playoff team looking at renting Hayes.

2021 1st?? Come on. You're better than this. Gorton and Co. aren't trading Hayes for a pick three freaking years from now.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I mean, I'm just trying to have fun with a shitty season. I forget HF is such serious business.

Reactions: Ail

effen

Feb 3, 2018
he's on the right timeline for the team to compete
he's on a good contract
where he already is currently is probably in the 80th percentile of the 1st-10th pick that we would get in exchange for him... in 2-6 years.
he has room to get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad