Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Jake Leschyshyn called up, makes the Rempe demotion even better...shake my F'n head.
just my opinion, but seems to me it's the right move,
Lesch only dresses tonight if unexpected late scratch
let Rempe practice w Pack today, he will play for them tomorrow at 4

but I am a fan who believe Rempe should stay down for months, ,
with top 9 ice time to develop his whole game,
no need to rush him

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
The only reason you get rid of Kreider is if some GM offers a deal you can't refuse. Otherwise, I'll just repeat what I say on a regular basis when I watch the Rangers...All Chris Kreider does is score goals.

The goal for the future is to get rid of players on bad contracts and that is NOT the situation with Kreider. Yes, he's getting older but he reinvented his game which should (and so far has) allowed him to age like fine wine. He's literally the best net front guy in the NHL so unless you know your getting some stupidly good assets in a trade, you keep him and look elsewhere.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

but I am a fan who believe Rempe should stay down for months, ,
with top 9 ice time to develop his whole game,
no need to rush him
Jake L sucks, is barely an AHL player, he can't replace anyone at the nhl level. If you are sending Rempe down to get time in that's fine but calling up a total nothing is a waste of time. The other side of this is that Jake doesn't deserve an nhl pay, how can players in the AHL who are better than him like the idea of him getting off the bus and onto the plane over them.

Got news for people talking about a Kreider trade, this guy is retiring with NYR as he should. He could go on to become the greatest ranger ever if we could grab a cup.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
He's here to sit in the press box, because the AHL guys with potential need to keep playing.

And oh look. Ruhwedel cleared waivers. As usual no need to be concerned about guys clearing waivers.

Reactions: Crease

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Trading Kreider isn’t smart. He’s production is well above his cap hit and he’s a leader on the team.

They do need to find a young LD though. I could see them trading someone like Jones for a bigger, more steady but less flashy young LD
Seeing how well IMO Schneider looked on the left side and Miller with Fox, maybe opens the door for Drury to look for a D rather than specifically for LD.

P.S. Also why young D? I mean all things being equal younger is better than older but I wouldn’t mind a not-over-the-hill vet.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This. I don’t see an issue to let Rempe get into game there rather than just practice. Clearly Edstrom is completely capable on the 4th line and is ahead of Rempe (at the moment). Nice thing by the organization to let Lesch earned a little more in NY and practice with the big boys. Win win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad