Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’m going to stand on a soapbox here. I have been known to give a gentle jab at fellow posters and to this I apologize and hope to willfully not engage in that behavior moving forward.
Some members of our community have pushed away valuable poster over the years. The attack on Edge, the disgusting acquisition against the amazing kriederman and just recently the shade thrown at Rangersfan 1994.
Rangersfan 1994 was voted by his peers, “Rookie of the Year “ for a reason. He gives his time to scourer the internet to find all of us video content which benefits the group.
A majority of the time his video content posts go unappreciated.
If you don’t like someone’s opinion please consider either cordially disagreeing or not responding.
Degrading fellow posters seems self serving and doesn’t benefit our community. Once again to all the people I may have insulted, I apologize and hope to be a better contributor in the future.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
It's really not cool to dogpile on Rangerfan1994 because they want a gritty, tough team. They're allowed to have preferences.

Nobody mocks people for jerking off to PPG seasons 4th rounder overagers have in junior hockey even though they far outnumber and outpost someone like RF1994.

Last edited:

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
It's really not cool to dogpile on Rangerfan1994 because they want a gritty, tough team. They're allowed to have preferences.

Nobody mocks people for jerking off to PPG seasons 4th rounder overagers have in junior hockey even though they far outnumber and outpost someone like RF1994.
I’m going to stand on a soapbox here. I have been known to give a gentle jab at fellow posters and to this I apologize and hope to willfully not engage in that behavior moving forward.
Some members of our community have pushed away valuable poster over the years. The attack on Edge, the disgusting acquisition against the amazing kriederman and just recently the shade thrown at Rangersfan 1994.
Rangersfan 1994 was voted by his peers, “Rookie of the Year “ for a reason. He gives his time to scourer the internet to find all of us video content which benefits the group.
If you don’t like someone’s opinion please consider either cordially disagreeing or not responding.
Degrading fellow posters seems self serving and doesn’t benefit our community. Once again to all the people I may have insulted, I apologize and hope to be a better contributor in the future.
I'll speak up here because I feel as though I'm among those you're speaking to, and also because i was passed over for Rookie of Year.

I feel we do a good job here of criticizing opinions instead of those presenting them, and keeping ribbing lighthearted and not bully-some.

I do however feel that while every hockey opinion is theoretically welcome, there should be a caveat that opinions should be somewhat based in something more than pure vitriol for a player - vitriol to the extent that there's not even a discussion happening, nor any desire to engage in one. It's just a constant spew of hateful criticism levied in the direction of one or more player, and it's often directly contradicted by every measurement we have available to us (except, in the case of one fellow here who thinks Adam Fox sucks, height and weight).

My opinion is that we have a responsibility to maintain a standard of discussion by way of self policing that sometimes can't help but appear to be dogpiling.

A preference for toughness over skill, to paraphrase, is not an opinion that anyone would reasonably hold as immediate grounds for dismissal. If it is, they should reflect on their own biases.

But harping over and over again that this guy sucks, should be waived, is useless, has no value, and exhibiting utter disinterest in any response to that or invitation to expound... after a while that will earn you a rep, and people will start responding to you a certain way. Imo that's a good thing - this isn't an abyss of anonymity like Twitter. Take responsibility for what you say.*

*Game threads are excluded here because when it's happening it can be difficult to be reasonable.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

It'd be one thing if that were it but it really isn't.

Most of what I've seen is just the onslaught of manifesting negativity in any situation for no reason what so ever. Shit like that serves no purpose and thats what I see him getting called on more than the tuffness thing - He's far from the only person who wants that btw and he's not even the most egregious "tuffness" advocate/obsessor.

I know, I know, the ignore feature exists but personally, I try not to use it on people who are regulars on HFNYR here (and I haven't on him) but at a certain point, if you're going to act a certain way, you'd be a fool not to expect a certain kind of response.

To @Clark Kellogg's point though, theres no reason why he shouldn't feel welcomed here so I hope he comes back.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So reading the last few posts here is my take on things. Criticism and expressing your opinions is not the issue. The issue is when you cross the line of trolling. Which is over obsession or overkill of negativity. Which goes into the doom and gloom stuff. It creates a toxic atmosphere and turns people off. This happens especially in the GDT’s but then trickles into PGT’s and this thread.

This obsession and/or overkill opinions, then leads into bullying. Where other members gang up on one member or two. No member deserves to be bullied even if they are trolling. Two wrongs don’t make a right, and some folks don’t even know they are trolling, so have to give them the benefit of the doubt in certain situations. Sure, we poke fun at each-other at times, have fun, but when people’s feelings are hurt or they feel bullied then it has crossed the line.

As mods, we need to be paying attention more to what’s going on, and whatnot. Trying to keep this a civil forum, where people can express themselves without flaming or trolling others.

I’ve learned that you can’t please everyone, but you can at least try. I was run off this forum for good reason 8 years ago, came back a better poster and am now a Global mod. So don’t want to see this happen to posters who are good members who just have strong opinions that may lead into flaming, trolling, and bullying.

I recommend to PM myself or another Rangers mod, if you are having issues and feel you are being bullied. The report function is just going to get lost in translation and really want to be more personal with you if there are issues going on here.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Like the club, I guess we aren’t good at developing players if we sent our rookie of the year down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad