Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
But technically, we don't have to send anybody down, correct? Obviously, no need to carry 8 D but we aren't required to send a guy down because we are allowed 23.
You are correct. Players on either IR or LTIR do not count against the 23-man roster limit. When Lindgren is back, we will be at 23 players. When Vesey comes back, assuming no one else goes on IR/LTIR in the interim, someone will have to go down.

And yes, as @kovazub94 mentioned, if we send someone down as soon as Lindgren is back, we can begin accruing cap space.

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
NHL scheduling continues to be crap.
I'm actually happy with the scheduling this year. Every year, we play more games early than everyone else in the division. We have 3 games in hand on the devils and it will increase to 4 in the near future. If we can keep up with them in points despite playing less games, we'll be in a great spot.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I know it's unlikely but packaging Lindgren + Othmann/Kakko for a true ( longish term solution ) top4LHD is the pragmatic move.

They wont give up the punching bag because he's liked in the locker room. I like the guy but do not like him for this team

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I know it's unlikely but packaging Lindgren + Othmann/Kakko for a true ( longish term solution ) top4LHD is the pragmatic move.

They wont give up the punching bag because he's liked in the locker room. I like the guy but do not like him for this team
I think Drury giving him a 1 year deal was a very telling "you need to have a better year or you're moved"

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016

Honestly, Drury dropped the ball not acquiring Chychrun. I like the player, I didn't trust his durability but I thought he was gonna get a decent return, thats why I wasn't interested.... what he winded up being traded for is an abomination that we weren't in on it. A 34 year old Nick Jensen and a 2026 3rd round pick.... come on man. He finally had a healthy year last season, a step in the right direction for him. If he stays healthy that would've been a guy you lock in for the next half a decade +. That's a huge miss for us.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Which top 4 LHD are we acquiring?

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
We've been using LTIR since the beginning of the season, so we've accrued 0 cap space. Someone is going down when Lindgren is ready, and it will almost certainly be someone who is waiver exempt. The only options then are Mancini, Edstrom, Rempe and Cuylle.

Mancini is the most likely to be sent down since Vesey is still on LTIR and sending down any of the forwards would leave us with no spares.
Thanks for the info because I firmly believe he doesn't deserve to get axed. just unfortunate luck.

A secondary negative consequence of Drury failing to move Lindgren or Trouba this past summer.

Mancini has been better than Lindgren at a quarter of the price but we have to play Lindgren because of mismanagement. This is the kind of shit that stunts player development. Hard to keep up your self confidence when you don't even get rewarded for playing well.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Since we absolutely need to move Trouba for cap purposes, and other teams know it, I can't envision any scenario in which we get a 1st round pick for him. If we get a 2nd, we should be ecstatic.

True, but retain on salary, it's only for a year, play some hard ball, rip a mofo GM off here. Sell Trouba well and it's easily possible.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
As a guy that thinks Zac deserves the 6th spot; I wasn't too concerned about 1 scratch. However, today's practice pairings don't paint a pretty picture for him.

Dang, poor Zac, one measly attempt at a Michigan and the Hammer comes down big time...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers need Mancini's 6-3/6-4 240 pounds. The Rangers need bigger D in the playoffs. You can nitpick and say Florida didn't have a big D. The previous Cup winners had big D. Even Colorado added Manson's size at the deadline in 2022. Lindgren comes back from his jaw injury and someone needs to go. Ruhwedel see ya. That guy adds nothing.

Keep Schneider on LD with Trouba.

Miller stays with Fox.

Lindgren with Mancini.

Jones is the 7th D.

Mancini gives the Rangers four D who are at least 6-3 and weigh over 210 pounds

The rental market for D is not great. This should not be complicated.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
True, but retain on salary, it's only for a year, play some hard ball, rip a mofo GM off here. Sell Trouba well and it's easily possible.
The Rangers won’t be in a position to retain any meaningful salaries next year. A player of Trouba’s caliber and reputation would not be unreasonable to return a 1st in a TDL trade and he’ll be available for the whole season next year. The only issue is that unlike TDL , at the start of the season $8m cap hit can be very cost prohibitive.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Thanks for the info because I firmly believe he doesn't deserve to get axed. just unfortunate luck.

A secondary negative consequence of Drury failing to move Lindgren or Trouba this past summer.

Mancini has been better than Lindgren at a quarter of the price but we have to play Lindgren because of mismanagement. This is the kind of shit that stunts player development. Hard to keep up your self confidence when you don't even get rewarded for playing well.
Way to get baselessly outraged! This is the second time I see this hindsight 20/20 post on this “mismanagement” point in the last two days. Please show me your posts or for that matter anyone’s this summer who penciled Mancini into the the varsity roster (bern doesn’t count).

If Drury were to move Trouba / Lindgren this summer do you think for a second he wouldn’t go out and find immediate replacement?

Miller - Fox
X - Schneider
Jones - X

Where Xs would be players brought from outside. And you know what you’d do - be outraged that Drury got them and them blocking Mancini now. Good luck!

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think not retaining will be more important than the return. We're going to need every penny.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Way to get baselessly outraged! This is the second time I see this hindsight 20/20 post on this “mismanagement” point in the last two days. Please show me your posts or for that matter anyone’s this summer who penciled Mancini into the the varsity roster (bern doesn’t count).

If Drury were to move Trouba / Lindgren this summer do you think for a second he wouldn’t go out and find immediate replacement?

Miller - Fox
X - Schneider
Jones - X

Where Xs would be players brought from outside. And you know what you’d do - be outraged that Drury got them. Good luck!
Sounds like you’re the only one outraged here. Calm down dude. I didn’t insult your great ancestors. I disagreed with you on a hockey forum.

Trouba was unmovable, so not harping on that one. Lindgren could’ve been traded for draft capital and we could’ve had our pick of replacement level UFA for 1-2 Mil to play bottom pair. That’s the same caliber player as Ryan Lindgren for less than half the cost. Hell, we picked Gustafson up off the trash heap last year and he was better than Lindgren for 1/4 the cost.

if that happened, we would be in much better position to keep Mancini up, we would already have started accruing cap space for the deadline, and we would have more draft capital to trade for help at the deadline. It was absolutely malpractice not to move Lindgren in the offseason.

I’ve been a defender of Drury, but he really dropped the ball by not moving Lindgren .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad