Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
But technically, we don't have to send anybody down, correct? Obviously, no need to carry 8 D but we aren't required to send a guy down because we are allowed 23.
You are correct. Players on either IR or LTIR do not count against the 23-man roster limit. When Lindgren is back, we will be at 23 players. When Vesey comes back, assuming no one else goes on IR/LTIR in the interim, someone will have to go down.

And yes, as @kovazub94 mentioned, if we send someone down as soon as Lindgren is back, we can begin accruing cap space.

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
NHL scheduling continues to be crap.
I'm actually happy with the scheduling this year. Every year, we play more games early than everyone else in the division. We have 3 games in hand on the devils and it will increase to 4 in the near future. If we can keep up with them in points despite playing less games, we'll be in a great spot.

Reactions: bernmeister

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I know it's unlikely but packaging Lindgren + Othmann/Kakko for a true ( longish term solution ) top4LHD is the pragmatic move.

They wont give up the punching bag because he's liked in the locker room. I like the guy but do not like him for this team

Reactions: Synergy27

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I know it's unlikely but packaging Lindgren + Othmann/Kakko for a true ( longish term solution ) top4LHD is the pragmatic move.

They wont give up the punching bag because he's liked in the locker room. I like the guy but do not like him for this team
I think Drury giving him a 1 year deal was a very telling "you need to have a better year or you're moved"

grachevsceiling

Jul 2, 2024
How could Florida not win the cup if they did it last year?
“Mortals are immortals and immortals are mortals, the one living the others' death and dying the others' life”
—Heraclitus

Seen a certain way, we’ve already won by losing.

Would Heraclitus have run it back?

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I think Drury giving him a 1 year deal was a very telling "you need to have a better year or you're moved"
Nah. He's just priced out. Even if he has a great season, we can't afford him. That is assuming we give Igor 12 plus.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016

Honestly, Drury dropped the ball not acquiring Chychrun. I like the player, I didn't trust his durability but I thought he was gonna get a decent return, thats why I wasn't interested.... what he winded up being traded for is an abomination that we weren't in on it. A 34 year old Nick Jensen and a 2026 3rd round pick.... come on man. He finally had a healthy year last season, a step in the right direction for him. If he stays healthy that would've been a guy you lock in for the next half a decade +. That's a huge miss for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad