Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It's overrated, but not as much as your making it out to be. It still serves a purpose in todays game. Since Rempe has been apart of the team we haven't been bullied once. Can't say the same thing 2-3 years ago.
We weren’t bullied the previous two years either.

He played one game so far and his minutes got screwed up because Edstrom got kicked out of the game. I don't care that he's a face puncher, I think there's more to him that just that but he's got something you can't teach, size. You don't have to be condescending about it. But if they decide he'd be better served in Hartford, that's cool too. I just think we should be rooting for him to become a good bottom 6 guy.
Right now there are enough guys he’s not better than. And right now he’s not much more than a face puncher. Let him play half a season in Hartford and see what he does.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Edström > Rempe

deal with it
lotta people responding "well why do you have to choose between the two, it's not one vs the other"

i'm not pitting them vs one another. i'm not saying you necessarily have to choose. i'm not talking about rempe's development as a player or how best to handle it.

i'm just saying Edström is a better hockey player. and he is.

deal with it lol

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
lotta people responding "well why do you have to choose between the two, it's not one vs the other"

i'm not pitting them vs one another. i'm not saying you necessarily have to choose. i'm not talking about rempe's development as a player or how best to handle it.

i'm just saying Edström is a better hockey player. and he is.

deal with it lol
I mean we have finite roster spots. One deserves to be in the nhl, and shouldn’t be sent down when vesey is healthy, the other should be.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
He was brought up last year for his fighting. Not his hockey skills. Now he's "an NHL player". I do get annoyed that he plays over guys who can contribute to a win. We didn't need him that game. Edstrom and Carrick took care of business when necessary. Rempe watched. Maybe he "inspired" them... I doubt seriously the other guys play better because he's in the lineup. I doubt he's deterring anything.
Who is Rempe blocking from being in the lineup that would significantly contribute game-in/game-out, Brodzinski? Leschyshyn? People throw up in their mouths hearing that either player is playing on any given night. Guys like Othmann and Berard may be on the cusp of being ready, but I think they showed that the better plan is to let them steep in the AHL playing top line minutes, not 7 minutes a night with NYR. If Brodzinski/Leschyshyn/etc is the razor's edge by which this team wins or loses, there are bigger issues to address. Wouldn't you say that Rempe finding his way onto the roster at all is a flaw of the team? If the roster was better constructed, he shouldn't even be considered 13th F, yet here we are.

He is seen as a valuable player by the organization because *IF* he can take the reps he's given and it gives him the confidence/experience to actually improve his game, he'll be an absolute force. That's a dice roll I'm willing to take at the expense of 4-8 minutes of not seeing some milquetoast 4th liner who is a step above being a warm body. Does Leschyshyn get this teams blood flowing when they all look like they're boofing Ambien? Because I'd say Rempe does that. And I'd also say that does have value as well.

Best thing? If Rempe just keeps sucking at playing hockey, they can send Rempe down and go find their next Brodzinski/Leschyshyn/Carrick/Wennberg/Roslovic and play them, like every team does every season.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Who is Rempe blocking from being in the lineup that would significantly contribute game-in/game-out, Brodzinski? Leschyshyn? People throw up in their mouths hearing that either player is playing on any given night. Guys like Othmann and Berard may be on the cusp of being ready, but I think they showed that the better plan is to let them steep in the AHL playing top line minutes, not 7 minutes a night with NYR. If Brodzinski/Leschyshyn/etc is the razor's edge by which this team wins or loses, there are bigger issues to address. Wouldn't you say that Rempe finding his way onto the roster at all is a flaw of the team? If the roster was better constructed, he shouldn't even be considered 13th F, yet here we are.

He is seen as a valuable player by the organization because *IF* he can take the reps he's given and it gives him the confidence/experience to actually improve his game, he'll be an absolute force. That's a dice roll I'm willing to take at the expense of 4-8 minutes of not seeing some milquetoast 4th liner who is a step above being a warm body. Does Leschyshyn get this teams blood flowing when they all look like they're boofing Ambien? Because I'd say Rempe does that. And I'd also say that does have value as well.

Best thing? If Rempe just keeps sucking at playing hockey, they can send Rempe down and go find their next Brodzinski/Leschyshyn/Carrick/Wennberg/Roslovic and play them, like every team does every season.
No offense, causes us to be shorthanded, doesn’t help defensively.

Fan darling because he fights

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don't think given how he is used there is much use keeping rempe over anyone else, I believe there's a spot for rempe on this team as a regular 4th line guy, the coaching staff disagrees so they may as well keep him out and play Brodz

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There is no reason Rempe can’t be a 4th liner if he gets officiated like a normal NHL player. That being said, if the Rangers are going to carry Rempe they are going to need more output to balance out the offense they are sacrificing

grachevsceiling

Jul 2, 2024
IMO people are downplaying the prospective loss of Panarin after 25-26. It could offset some of Laf’s improvement, which I think Panarin has had a big hand in. He’s also made Trocheck better. He’s crucial on the power play. Outside of Fox, he’s the hardest player on the team to replace, Shesterkin included. We all hope Perrault is that guy but, realistically, the chances are slim.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
IMO people are downplaying the prospective loss of Panarin after 25-26. It could offset some of Laf’s improvement, which I think Panarin has had a big hand in. He’s also made Trocheck better. He’s crucial on the power play. Outside of Fox, he’s the hardest player on the team to replace, Shesterkin included. We all hope Perrault is that guy but, realistically, the chances are slim.
But everyone hates him in the post season

Reactions: grachevsceiling

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

That's because we all know that we'll be replacing him with McDavid...

:sarcasm::naughty:

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Are you responding to the correct post? No idea what youre talking about
The first line was responding to the post. It was a joke/sarcasm. You put poor Gabe on a line with Zibs and Kreids whose wing is a f***in graveyard. And in two years Zibs will be even worse. Hahaha.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
There is no reason Rempe can’t be a 4th liner if he gets officiated like a normal NHL player. That being said, if the Rangers are going to carry Rempe they are going to need more output to balance out the offense they are sacrificing
…offense they are sacrificing

Team is averaging 5 goals a game over the first three.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Meh,
Laf and Chytil (pls don't be made of glass) will be high scoring players and somewhat balance it out.

Add Perrault, who i think has the offensive talent to dish out 60 assists a season. Perrault's question is basically, can he physically handle the NHL and how does his skating develope.

Obviously I still want Kaapo to succeed. Specially with his puck control and passing.

Wish we could trade Bread at some point. xD that's what I would do. (Blockbuster trade obv.)

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I guess depending on what's available via trade/free agency and internally, I'm not even against trying to re-sign Panarin after this deal. He'll be 35 when that contract starts. There's plenty of high end players that have been able to maintain that level around that age. They're projecting another +4 million jump in the salary cap next summer. When AP's deal is up in 2 years the cap will likely be up +5 million from this year. At 35 he's not getting a giant deal either.

The biggest thing for him is getting over this playoff hurdle. We know he can dominate the regular season, top 5 winger on the planet. We need more in the post-season. He was better last year but there's more to give. He was meh in the Washington and Florida series'. For whatever reason right when the playoffs started he got back into some of the bad habits from the prior couple seasons. Over handling the puck, forcing passes, not being direct. They would come back from a commercial and show the recent possession where he'd be dancing around in the ozone holding onto the puck, and Sam and Joe would be Ooing and Ahing but then at the end of the damn highlight he turns the puck over! It's almost like the playoffs came around and out comes the showman. That's not what we need, we need him to bring the same game he brought during the regular season.

If he can do that and remain a productive player in a couple years than I have no problem retaining him for something under 10. The next 2 post-seasons will be the deciding factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad