Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
K sucks too. He is only good on special teams.

Useless on 5v5.
He's carrying around a horrible 5v5 player. Kreider was consistently one of the best even strength players in the league before Zibanejad regressed into "can't put him on the ice" territory.

Reactions: Kords

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don't think McDavid is leaving. I do think Drury will be as all in as can be if/when Eichel hits the market.

Can't even defend Meeka anymore. Gutless player.
If Edmonton doesn’t win this year, I could absolutely see him walking.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
His 5v5 numbers have always been better with Trocheck or Chytil as his center
Trocheck already has a good line, and so does chytil.

Lets not make the dame mistake 2x with kreider and not ship him out when u can get a good return. Last time it was rumored that dallas wanted to send robertson and a first.

We can easily get a good return on him and he is part of the country club rangers. Im just sick of him.

He's carrying around a horrible 5v5 player. Kreider was consistently one of the best even strength players in the league before Zibanejad regressed into "can't put him on the ice" territory.
Watch him now. He doesnt take the body anymore, shies from contact and isnt good on the forecheck. His game is slipping all around. Better to rid him and grt assets. Also lets the youth step up and become leaders.

He is done. Not going to get better and holds back the youth at this point.

Edit: i should add. I dont trade him this year, but the offseason. Him and trouba are needed to go to clear salary for our overpaid goalie.

Also, they arent part of the solution going forward. Get assets, and we have plenty of wingers in the system who hopefully can step up.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: leetch99

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Trocheck already has a good line, and so does chytil.

Lets not make the dame mistake 2x with kreider and not ship him out when u can get a good return. Last time it was rumored that dallas wanted to send robertson and a first.

We can easily get a good return on him and he is part of the country club rangers. Im just sick of him.

Watch him now. He doesnt take the body anymore, shies from contact and isnt good on the forecheck. His game is slipping all around. Better to rid him and grt assets. Also lets the youth step up and become leaders.

He is done. Not going to get better and holds back the youth at this point.

Kreider holding back the youth how exactly? Pretty sure I see a video every day at practice of him working on netfront skills with the young players.

My criticism of Kreider would be that if he is such a good friend to Meeka, he would pull him aside and tell him how unacceptable his play has been.

I do think if they don't at least make it to the Cup, Trouba and Kreider are going to be on the trade block, and the Rangers will get a haul for both.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider holding back the youth how exactly? Pretty sure I see a video every day at practice of him working on netfront skills with the young players.

My criticism of Kreider would be that if he is such a good friend to Meeka, he would pull him aside and tell him how unacceptable his play has been.
I would venture that the entire team still sees Zibanejad as a great player.

You can get away with existing in hockey unlike in any other sport, for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

by taking on ice time during games going forward. Being lavs crutch. Youth deferring leadership to him instead of becoming leaders themselves.

He is part of the old guard. After this year, he needs to go. Its time to start the turnover and giving thr reins to laff and hopefully kakko. Perrrault will also need top 6 minutes.

He is not going to get better and if we want the youth to bust through and get their chance, he must go and get a max return. Hopefully a high pick or a center prospect.

He has run his course. Like messier did. At some point they need to go. Much better to let them go while u can get a good return than for nothing 2 season later.

• Love

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
by taking on ice time during games going forward. Being lavs crutch. Youth deferring leadership to him instead of becoming leaders themselves.

He is part of the old guard. After this year, he needs to go. Its time to start the turnover and giving thr reins to laff and hopefully kakko. Perrrault will also need top 6 minutes.

He is not going to get better and if we want the youth to bust through and get their chance, he must go and get a max return. Hopefully a high pick or a center prospect.
As of today, we have exactly one forward who would be a top 6 forward signed for next year.

assuming we sign Laf and Kakko.
Thats 3 top 6 wings.
Open spot for a kid.

We then have cuylle for 3rd line, and our fourth is fairly controlled.

We have potentially 2 forward spots up for grabs for kids next year.
Kreider isn’t blocking anything, and his actual production is way ahead of his contract.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
There's literally nobody in the league (that's available) doing what Kreider does at his price
Great so lets grt a good return. Our cap situation sucks, and we need to start turning the team over. Keeping him for 2 years while we have a major cap issue in one of them would be dumb.

Especially since we have an abundance of wingers, and perrault needs to play top 6. Kakko needs to play more.

Othmann is another.

Kreider is going to be worth more to us as a trade chip then the diminishing returns he will provide over the last 2 years of contract.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Great so lets grt a good return. Our cap situation sucks, and we need to start turning the team over. Keeping him for 2 years while we have a major cap issue in one of them would be dumb.

Especially since we have an abundance of wingers, and perrault needs to play top 6. Kakko needs to play more.

Othmann is another.

Kreider is going to be worth more to us as a trade chip then the diminishing returns he will provide over the last 2 years of contract.
Your solution to "our cap situation sucks" is to get rid of one of the better value contracts in the league?

And if you're trading Kreider to promote a bunch of young players (two of whom don't play Kreider's position, I love that) then who exactly are you bringing back in your good return?

"There's a glut in the lineup so we should add to the lineup."

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Ruhwedel clears waivers,
1729879602359.png

Rempe assigned to Pack
1729879549043.png

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Kords

Jun 19, 2019

I do think if they don't at least make it to the Cup, Trouba and Kreider are going to be on the trade block, and the Rangers will get a haul for both.
Was listening to 32 thoughts this morning and they were talking about how Petey’s teammates and friends were doing just this in Vancouver trying to get him to play a harder game. I immediately thought about Mika and Kreider but who knows what goes on behind closed doors I guess.

Having said that, I want Kreids to retire a Ranger. If Mika has any direct or indirect influence on him getting run out of town I’ll be super pissed. Not that I’m not already when it comes to him, but man that would really cement it for me.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Your solution to "our cap situation sucks" is to get rid of one of the better value contracts in the league?

And if you're trading Kreider to promote a bunch of young players (two of whom don't play Kreider's position, I love that) then who exactly are you bringing back in your good return?

"There's a glut in the lineup so we should add to the lineup."

This year is our best chance to win. We are going to take a step back next year basically no matter what. We wont have cap space to better ourselves and most likely our d core is going to be a mess.

Knowing this, it is smarter to start a retool by trading a good but aging asset.

With that cap we could also try to sign a dman which we are going to need no matter what.

We have wingers on this team and in the pipeline. Better to start giving them bigger minutes. Laff could probably slide back to LW if really needed. But we have panarin, cuylee, laff, kakko, othmann, berard and perreault who all project to be in the top 9. That six wingers for six slots. U can always sign a free agent to if one isnt ready.

I am completely operating under the assumption we are taking a step back no matter what next year and probably the year after. Better to rip off the bandaid to get a retool quickly and the best assets possible then keep an aging player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad