Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
already looking at potential top4LHD....

what's everyones thoughts on Walman?

He had a pretty good year in Detroit last season. Was a cap casualty? and sent to NHLhell in San Jose. Has size, can move the puck and skate.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
when vesey comes back, we will have 4 wingers for the 4th line, and someone has to go down.
Edstrom has played every game, as has carrick. Rempe has rotated with Brodz.
But Brodz and carrick have to clear waivers. Vesey is better then brodzinski.
It leaves 2 possibilities to go down to the AHL.

You see this as pearl clutching I see this as not wanting my organization to make a dumbass move.
And so far they have proven to me that they are not going to willingly hamstring themselves for the sake of spectacle. To me it seems unwarranted and driven mostly by beat writers (of which no one puts any value in) and social media twits who wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the wall. I think we're both on the same side of the coin here just from different perspectives - We both don't think he should see a ton of time with NYR and that there are currently better options for fielding a better overall hockey team.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
It's really too bad we have trade protection in mika's contract, with the way Petterson is in Vancouver you never know if a mika + deal could be had and do another Derek brassard trade. Petterson looks lost, uninterested, if you could bring him here and drop him with panarin and laf it would be gold. Unfortunately we hand out ntc like candy

Carrick vs Reaves should be an adventure.
mika for pettersson is like the ideal scenario

already looking at potential top4LHD....

what's everyones thoughts on Walman?

He had a pretty good year in Detroit last season. Was a cap casualty? and sent to NHLhell in San Jose. Has size, can move the puck and skate.
the weirdest step in the yzerplan to date. not a 2D obviously but steady eddie LD who fit well with skill guys before.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I dont care what he does now, and rotating brodz in is absolutely fine. The brodz line has been much stronger. The one game he did play was our worst defensive game, not saying those were his fault, as Utah is doing much better than expected, but he's only played 1 game so lets see if not being able to play the 4th evenly leads to higher scoring games because the top 9 skates alot more.
Well Rempe was even for his one game and I don’t think his under 4 mins of ice time was the reason for our giving up 6 goals. Hahaha.
All I’m saying is no matter what WE think, the coaching staff sees benefit to playing him some games. Pretty simple.
When Vesey comes back the best option for Rempe is probably some Hartford time if he’ll be getting in even fewer games. Guess we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad