Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Trouba is here, the team needs him to play well if they're going anywhere, and he still wears the C. I won't hold it against anyone for booing him, but for me that doesn't really help anything and is just counterproductive. I won't give him a standing ovation or anything, but I'll cheer him on just the same as any other Rangers player.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Pre Season 2025 award winners .....MVP Shesterkin - Art Ross Panarin- Norris Fox - Lady Byng Kreider - Selke Kakko . Coach of year Laviolette . Rempe will lead in penalty minutes which is the only real given from all of the above other than Kreider being the most Lady Bynger like over a full season . I realistically don't think we have a shot at the Rocket Goal Scoring Trophy unless Laffy really busts out .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
People need to stop with the Trouba hate. He was obviously playing hurt at the end of the year and in the playoffs. Yea, he's overpaid. I'm guessing people dont remember, or werent born, when we signed Valeri Kamensky.

That's not why he is going to be booed at the home opener.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Why would Trouba get booed. Do you think the casual fans know about the Trouba contract situation, know that he's overpaid ?

Those fans are just happy the team even made it far. They'll most likely cheer for him ( not saying it's deserved).

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Trouba walking into the training center

giphy.gif

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
People need to stop with the Trouba hate. He was obviously playing hurt at the end of the year and in the playoffs. Yea, he's overpaid. I'm guessing people dont remember, or werent born, when we signed Valeri Kamensky.

Correct . Let’s aim for Trouba hoisting the cup instead .

Looked like Chytil

I’m optimistic on a Cuylee , Chytil , Kakko line

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The hatred some people here have for Trouba, you'd think he's a POS like Deshaun Watson or something

Our fans booed Rozsival mercilessly.

We've come a long way.

I hope we can avoid childishness. I'm not thrilled with Trouba or his role as captain here (I think we overrated a #3 as a #1B and didn't anticipate Fox getting so good, but what does that say about our team building strategy that we expected Trouba to be our Hedman?) but everyone is one run away from being the next Eli Manning, so let's go.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
People have short memories re the Trouba trade debacle. If he plays like dog doodie then yeah he gets booed.

But theres some chance he bounces back, avoids injury, and kicks butt.

In this case, my 11 y.o. son whips out his stadium series Trouba jersey and struts around in school wearing it.

Otherwise it stays in the closet.

I propose the kid's jersey test... Kids know...

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Been thinking about lines. Maybe the solution to our kreider line is to move Lafreniere up on it. I know they tried it for a couple games and imo it was working but they shelved it. I mean Trochek and Panarin are gonna get their looks anyway, put Smith with them and see what happens.

Also...ill be really disappointed in this fanbase if they boo Trouba. Guy may not be worth his money on the ice but he's a good guy for the community and just wants to stay in NY and while his production hasn't been up to par his effort always is.

Reactions: deathb4disco

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Been thinking about lines. Maybe the solution to our kreider line is to move Lafreniere up on it. I know they tried it for a couple games and imo it was working but they shelved it. I mean Trochek and Panarin are gonna get their looks anyway, put Smith with them and see what happens.

Also...ill be really disappointed in this fanbase if they boo Trouba. Guy may not be worth his money on the ice but he's a good guy for the community and just wants to stay in NY and while his production hasn't been up to par his effort always is.
The problem with the Kreider/Zibanejad line is that it has both Kreider and Mika on it.

That duo works well at springing each other for rushes on counter attacks. This makes them fantastic on the PK.
It doesn't work so well at 5v5 when maintaining possession is important.

They need to be split up.

Reactions: majordomo

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I’m amused that posters can be “confused” (conflicted, befuddled, flabbergasted) by TWO whole preseason threads!
We’re talking the same people who seem to assume that Kakko has a cap hit of 6m.
The same people who believe that Fox should be traded and underperformed every playoff.
The same people who say that rempe should be in our top 6.

This board isn’t my first go to for deep thoughts.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Everything depends on how he plays. I pretty much am expecting he'll mostly be fine or better than he was on a bad ankle. He's still making too much and we have some big contracts coming up next summer. In that respect I think it is his last crack at a Cup here. I wouldn't necessarily say the same for Panarin or Kreider and probably not Zibanejad either who has a lot of term left making his contract tougher to get out of.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Laf just had a breakout season, why are we trying to immediately stifle any further growth by making him carry around the wonder twins? The solution isn't to put Laf at RW, because the problem hasn't been the RW. The problem has been the wonder twins

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’m amused that posters can be “confused” (conflicted, befuddled, flabbergasted) by TWO whole preseason threads!
Not confused, just weird the same conversations were being discussed in two separate threads. Seems pretty obvious why there should have only been one :dunno:. Wouldn't it be odd if we had 2 GDTs for each game..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad