Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers need a 3rd line that can put the puck in the net. Chytil, kappo and Cuylle are not playmakers and are more complementary pieces. If the Rangers are going to win a cup they need a more balanced line up.

Thats in addition to an upgrade on Lindgren. If Drury can find someone who has some offensive instincts Fox can score 90-100 points if healthy.
history of kid line being proven effective says 'hi'.
granted this is a dif kid line from the original, w/Cuyle in for LaF

but point remains, Chytil and KK showed sufficient chemistry
there is a real possibility that line can work

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
berard is an obvious addition to the top 9 that I’m sure they won’t make all year because Rempe shenanigans
berard may be exception to the rule in all sports usually good big guy beats good little guy

But Rempe is not the roadblock here.
All teams benefit from more unicorns, w/size you can't teach + speed + other skill benefits

We need to nourish, not stifle, Rempe, Edstrom, Chmelar, Fortescue, etc

If Berard proves he deserves to take away a spot from a vet like Smith, fine.

but let's not lose sight of the big picture [no pun] and remember what works in the POs

effen

Feb 3, 2018
2/9 for Broberg is bonkers.

Any time you can pay 300c on the dollar for some tweener, you gotta do it.

2/4.6 for Holloway is merely an overpay. That Broberg offer is actually crazy land.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I wonder how many offer sheets actually get presented on a yearly basis. The player needs to sign it before it sees the light of day. But I'd be interested to see the amount that get presented versus the amount that are signed.

Reactions: bhamill

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

2/4.6 for Holloway is merely an overpay. That Broberg offer is actually crazy land.
The whole point of an offersheet is to overpay. If they had just offered Broberg his actual value, why would he sign that offersheet? And why would Edmonton not match if he had signed it?

Offersheet is a tool for teams with capspace and situations where they can afford to take a risk, to pry away players from cap strapped teams. And not superstars or elite players, but these young players who have not yet hit their potential.

Reactions: majordomo

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

They have the space this season and next season doesn't appear to be major names needing to be signed so they can afford this overpay, hoping it works out. I think the overpay for Holloway is designed to get Oilers matching and then finding themselves having to let Broberg go.

The overpay has to accomplish 2 things.
1. Justify singing the contract and not taking your chance staying at an organization you're familiar with.
2. Justify not matching the offer-sheet.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
berard may be exception to the rule in all sports usually good big guy beats good little guy

But Rempe is not the roadblock here.
All teams benefit from more unicorns, w/size you can't teach + speed + other skill benefits

We need to nourish, not stifle, Rempe, Edstrom, Chmelar, Fortescue, etc

If Berard proves he deserves to take away a spot from a vet like Smith, fine.

but let's not lose sight of the big picture [no pun] and remember what works in the POs
Berard is good. He is a great skater and puck carrier and producing well at 5v5 in HFD. It should translate to NHL top 9 immediately and NYR desperately need it. Rempe I couldnt care less if was abducted by aliens tomorrow and never was seen again

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Holloway contract is more about projection than anything. 22 years old and he had 89 NHL games under his belt, with 26 NHL Playoff games and he has been hovering around a ppg in the AHL for his two short stints the last 2 years, along with 17 goals in 30 games down there. If he was a UFA, he would likely receive this same deal.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Yes.

Cuylle low-key kind of sucks and if Kakko was on fire, I'd roast marshmallows.
I felt like Cuylle could develop into a good 13 minute per game 3rd liner; but maybe 9 minutes ES on the 4th line and PK work is his calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad