Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
i have no idea what you're saying - especially the first paragraph. how is "finding a 1st line player for 2mm" related to signing buch?

you don't sign roster spots. you sign talent. Accumulate as much quality NHL talent as you can manage to get your grubby paws on. And when you strike gold - Buchnevich - lock it up.
You dismissed my point that Rangers needed to fill certain positions and add tools that cost more than the league minimum. Then you are substituting Buch for Goodrow because of size of contract but if anything you should be removing Blais as Goodrow was more important acquisition target than Blais. Again the point is that cap wouldn’t work.
This is my last post on this subject because I’m afraid we will start going in circles and it’s not worth it - should be moving forward.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think we're positioned pretty good myself, the Trouba thing is a bit of a wildcard but imo we have a better team than we started with last year, Smith was a good add, we hope Chytil is healthy and Berard and Othmann are a year older and likely to join the squad in varying forms. Schneider and Lafreniere became reliable players and elevated their status in the roster. Imo Miller should improve, hopefully Kakko does as well. We still have one of the best goalies in the league, one of the best dmen in the league, one of the best lw in the league and some emerging young players. I'm excited for next year. Even if Fox and Chytil were healthy this year i think we do better.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think we're positioned pretty good myself, the Trouba thing is a bit of a wildcard but imo we have a better team than we started with last year, Smith was a good add, we hope Chytil is healthy and Berard and Othmann are a year older and likely to join the squad in varying forms. Schneider and Lafreniere became reliable players and elevated their status in the roster. Imo Miller should improve, hopefully Kakko does as well. We still have one of the best goalies in the league, one of the best dmen in the league, one of the best lw in the league and some emerging young players. I'm excited for next year. Even if Fox and Chytil were healthy this year i think we do better.
Rangers also have Quick. Not many have a backup that has had a great NHL career and can help this team when Igor needs a break

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Anyone think the Rangers should resign Vesey to another 2 year contract with the similar cap hit???? He's one of the few thst scores on the 4th line. 13 goals isn't bad for a player like him

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
CK seems like one of the coolest teammates around.

Honestly believe he'll retire a Ranger, people don't get how much he puts into helping the players that come in. If anyone(Lundqvist should have) should retire a Ranger it's him, make him a lifer, it's not like he's gonna turn into a ball of fat or anything, guy is always in shape.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Honestly believe he'll retire a Ranger, people don't get how much he puts into helping the players that come in. If anyone(Lundqvist should have) should retire a Ranger it's him, make him a lifer, it's not like he's gonna turn into a ball of fat or anything, guy is always in shape.
I tend to agree with that but we will have to wait and see how the future years go and how long CK wants to play. With that said if anyone deserves it I would say CK does. His parents must be so proud. The guy has been like a crazy nice Superman. If I could be reborn again as another person CK would be top 5 on my list lol.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Anyone think the Rangers should resign Vesey to another 2 year contract with the similar cap hit???? He's one of the few thst scores on the 4th line. 13 goals isn't bad for a player like him
no. a kid can take his spot soooner and he’s been dog shit in the playoffs. already sick of him tbh

Reactions: bernmeister

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I tend to agree with that but we will have to wait and see how the future years go and how long CK wants to play. With that said if anyone deserves it I would say CK does. His parents must be so proud. The guy has been like a crazy nice Superman. If I could be reborn again as another person CK would be top 5 on my list lol.

I don't see him being a guy that can't play when he is 39 or so unless injuries pile up, I guess at that point it comes down to him taking a team friendly deal or not

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't see him being a guy that can't play when he is 39 or so unless injuries pile up, I guess at that point it comes down to him taking a team friendly deal or not
He is 33 now. I do not view him as a guy that is 100% about money so he may choose to retire before 39.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't foresee a first place finish, but they should be fine and in the top three of the division. Devils are going to be a pain, the Capitals got much better on paper, and the Islanders may or may not play that boring style they had end of year very effectively.

If they can stay relatively healthy and have a surprise or two from rookies, they might be a tougher playoff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad