Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
The point is you would make room for players of that caliber when you have a chance to aquire them. If you wouldn't, you're not a good gm.
Right. The same reason we would have still added Goodrow, and other players seen (correctly or not) as needs. And Vinnie has far exceeded what people thought he would bring. There was a LOT of bitching about his contract when we signed him. Unless Drury realized just HOW good Trocheck would be for this team we very well may have passed if Cap was tight. Pretty much all I've been saying about this is we don't know. There were a lot more factors at work here than Buch being traded or not, and if we would have found a way for Troch, we could have found a way for the others. It's not some red hot take. It's as obvious as what you posted.
And that's the last response I'm giving having to do with the Buch trade. Hahaha. I guess I'm not as traumatized by it as a lot of other people. Been following this team for 55 years and I've seen plenty of bad moves. PLENTY. Hahahaha.

• Wow
Reactions: NickyFotiu

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Right. The same reason we would have still added Goodrow, and other players seen (correctly or not) as needs. And Vinnie has far exceeded what people thought he would bring. There was a LOT of bitching about his contract when we signed him. Unless Drury realized just HOW good Trocheck would be for this team we very well may have passed if Cap was tight. Pretty much all I've been saying about this is we don't know. There were a lot more factors at work here than Buch being traded or not, and if we would have found a way for Troch, we could have found a way for the others. It's not some red hot take. It's as obvious as what you posted.
And that's the last response I'm giving having to do with the Buch trade. Hahaha. I guess I'm not as traumatized by it as a lot of other people. Been following this team for 55 years and I've seen plenty of bad moves. PLENTY. Hahahaha.
People only bitched about the Trocheck contract because they never left 2010 and they think what Trocheck makes is a large cap hit.

A bang average NHL player gets $6m now. In fact, that's probably a frugal estimate.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
People only bitched about the Trocheck contract because they never left 2010 and they think what Trocheck makes is a large cap hit.

A bang average NHL player gets $6m now. In fact, that's probably a frugal estimate.
Agreed. Especially with the cap set to go up...

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I legitimately think the Rangers get worse trade offers and deals than other teams on average because of some brainlet Canadian anti-NY bias for no real reason. You see it in the media often enough for, again, no reason.

Because they tried to sign Joe Sakic 58 years ago or something.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Goodrow and other players seen (correctly or not) as needs.
it's bizarre how the only context in which you appear to be willing to evaluate the buch trade is whether or not it would have prevented signing trocheck.

That's not up for debate. It wouldn't and shouldn't have prevented signing trocheck. The money was there.

The FO is responsible for identifying players who are part of the solution and players who are not. Cap room is made and allocated to those players. The question at hand is what i quoted - was the team correct in its identification of players for whom they prioritized making cap room?

The answer: Goodrow, Reaves, Nemeth, etc. is No.

Trocheck was a correct identification of value. I thought the deal was too long but i liked the player and the number.

It was clear at signing that goodrow was incorrectly identified as part of the solution. It was clear at the time of trade that Buch was incorrectly identified as expendable.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
it's bizarre how the only context in which you appear to be willing to evaluate the buch trade is whether or not it would have prevented signing trocheck.

That's not up for debate. It wouldn't and shouldn't have prevented signing trocheck. The money was there.

The FO is responsible for identifying players who are part of the solution and players who are not. Cap room is made and allocated to those players. The question at hand is what i quoted - was the team correct in its identification of players for whom they prioritized making cap room?

The answer: Goodrow, Reaves, Nemeth, etc. is No.

Trocheck was a correct identification of value. I thought the deal was too long but i liked the player and the number.

It was clear at signing that goodrow was incorrectly identified as part of the solution. It was clear at the time of trade that Buch was incorrectly identified as expendable.
Dude. I evaluated the Buch trade SEVERAL times in posts you must’ve read as you responded to them: BAD. For the whatever time, it was a BAD TRADE. No one is saying otherwise. Hahaha. I don’t agree with 100% of the premises you extrapolate in the aftermath. THAT IS ALL. Okay? You aren’t going to change my mind and I don’t need to change yours either. Now please, carry on all you want about it till we are all old and gray (I’m getting there already) if you wish, but leave me out of it. I dont want to be rude but I’m going to stop responding to it. I’m done. Thanks in advance, bud.

I'm still upset about trading Rick Middleton in 1976.
Still stings. Hahaha.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Dude. I evaluated the Buch trade SEVERAL times in posts you must’ve read as you responded to them: BAD. For the whatever time, it was a BAD TRADE. No one is saying otherwise. Hahaha. I don’t agree with 100% of the premises you extrapolate in the aftermath. THAT IS ALL. Okay? You aren’t going to change my mind and I don’t need to change yours either. Now please, carry on all you want about it till we are all old and gray (I’m getting there already) if you wish, but leave me out of it. I dont want to be rude but I’m going to stop responding to it. I’m done. Thanks in advance, bud.
signing buch wouldn't have prevented signing troch. in fact it would have been ideal to do so.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Cuylle has to get more ice time this year. I hope for some PP time and PK time this season.

I can see him scoring 20 -25 goals this coming season.

Rangers need to give the youngsters special teams PP and PK time. It's gonna be their team soon. I'd like to see Lafreniere get PK time too this season.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Cuylle has to get more ice time this year. I hope for some PP time and PK time this season.

Rangers need to give the youngsters special teams PP and PK time. It's gonna be their team soon. I'd like to see Lafreniere get PK time too this season.
He's not scoring 20+ goals on the 3rd line with no special teams time.Might want to lower your expectations

Reactions: lilphildub

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

20 for Will would be nice. Id be shocked at 25.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
We don't win the Cup with Buchnevich any of the last three years. That RW hole has never been the defining factor holding this team back.
LMFAO the only reason that move didn’t cost them a cup is that Drury has also shored up the other aspects of the team so badly that they never seemed like a player away. But make no mistake about it that Buch trade is as bad as it gets and shouldve just been an automatic firing

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad