Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Cuyle was the best 5 on 5 player for the Rangers this past season. He did not get any PP or PK time. All of his goals were even strength I believe. Hopefully he gets some PK and PP time in preseason and a legit chance in the regular season. He would be another good option to have to screen the goalie.

Heh?

There were multiple players on the Rangers who had more ES goals than he had points overall.

If you didn't listen to Vince Mercogliano's podcast today, save the 57 minutes and do something else.

This team is so screwed.

Cuylle is a LW. Break up the twins.

I'm on board with breaking up the twins.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Anyone have any knowledge about Empire Sports Media? They're speculating about a trade including Kakko and Sykora + mid round pick(s) for Weegar.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Anyone have any knowledge about Empire Sports Media? They're speculating about a trade including Kakko and Sykora + mid round pick(s) for Weegar.

Don't think they're legit and I also think it would take way more than that.

I suggested Weegar earlier in this thread (or the last iteration.) He's been really good for a while.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lindgren-Kakko-futures for Weegar. get it done Drury. Doesnt even matter if Dr. Trouba is still here.

Im not holding my breath.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Took a quick gander on the current, official roster on the team's site...

Good news: No more Wheeler and Roslovic

Not so good: Still have Jake Leschyshyn and Ben Harpur

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Edstrom should have been inserted into the lineup for the Panthers series. Big body that plays well below the goal line. He would’ve been a pain for the FLA defense. Didn’t agree with Brodshitsky over him at all.
earns a like, but Brodz was not the prob
Wenn and to a lesser extent Roz did not earn their keep

I think you misunderstood my point. I didn't say keep him. There's a reason you want to move on from him. The same reason you want to move on from Lindy is the same reason you're not getting a kings ransom here with that package.
We can quibble, but while BS are no ? paying top top $, nyR are not sending over chopped liver, either.
Elite vez quality G early end of his prime. Zib = top line still

Rempe's at the age where he needs minutes. I think he'll be up and (mostly) down all season unless he makes a quantum leap this offseason.
no, eff this bs about favoring vets
Give him the mins, wart and all, growing pains and all
Then come POs, he is max possibly ready at NHL level

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I honestly don't know what it means: i.e. PK rotation is essentially 3 pair units and at this stage I cann't see Zibanejad and Kreider to be outside of 6 total forwards given them being the most dangerous pair offensively not only on the Rangers but among those in the whole NHL. Trocheck, Carrick and Vesey will be part of this group 99.9% confidence level. I thought Smith was part of the PK rotation for Pens last season at least more PK minutes outside of the top-5 I above, so I gave the 6th slot to him "by default". Kakko would be next and I'm not even sure how many games Edstrom will get in the first place. I'd actually put more odds on Lafreniere getting some PK time than Edstrom.
I’d rather play Edstrom there assuming he’s a full timer.
Kakko is a good option as well. Hes responsible, at worst it will get him more ice time.
Smith, I have no clue about.
Rather keep Laf off the Pk if possible, don’t need him blocking shots or taking un-needed wear and tear on his body.
I’d like to get Fox off the PK as much as possible too tbh

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Calgary needs to bottom out, probably means they would wanna trade weeghar since he’s good. Could definitely see something there

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Pleases stop comparing Rempe to John Scott. Scott couldn't skate. I saw a joke about Michael Scott before, I actually think he's a better skater.

Rempe’s actual Comparable is Ryan Reaves, it’s just that everyone is too scared of being considered “lazy” to draw it because he happens to me the NYRs most recent goon.

Very similar in a lot of ways

Weegar had a massive breakout season on a garbage team, at 30 years old.

I’d wouldnt be thrilled to trade Kakko and my favorite prospect for him.

Thankfully that isnt a real source.
I’m of the opinion that Weegar was always good, like Stralman he really rode under the radar.

I’d love to have him here

Reactions: leetch99

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Would Montreal trade Matheson? Great skating dmen with a great shot. Always played well under Sullivan’s system in PIT, and he has 2 years left at $4.875M. His numbers skyrocketed last year because he got PP time, but he’s normally been good for 30 points a year.

Depending what Lindgren wants, it could be worth it as a short-term upgrade. I think Key could learn a bit to model his game after him too
Matheson is a rich mans Neal Pionk. Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of opinion.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Super interested in seeing:

78-93-13

Laffy would carry this line. Maybe this gets 93 out of his slump finally. If Othmann can grind and bang some pucks in, he would fit perfectly here. Sets up the rest of the lineup like this:

10-16-24(Maybe 10-16 are the unlock that Kappo needs)
20-72-R.Smith(very solid 3rd line, pray 72 stays healthy)
50-Carrick-Edstrom/Rempe/Berard
Vesey?

• Haha
Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Wait, Weegar has 4 years left on his deal and is 30 years old. That is too long? Honestly, that's perfect. Especially at $6.25m cap hit. My question is, can he play LD? He shoots right
I believe he played LD when he was in Florida.

Could be a good fit if you're planning on jettisoning Trouba next offseason and looking at Weegar as his replacement on the cap sheet.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wait, Weegar has 4 years left on his deal and is 30 years old. That is too long? Honestly, that's perfect. Especially at $6.25m cap hit. My question is, can he play LD? He shoots right
If not, he and Fox cover 80 percent of the game.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
My point was merely that those two are getting older, maybe cutting some of their ice time per game would be beneficial in a long season and hopefully post season. And the PK may be the place to do it. I would also say that we should put together TWO powerplay units, 1A and 1B. The last two postseasons have shown having your ONE functioning powerplay go cold can be VERY costly. their are some good options to mix up BOTH the PK and PP and it would be smart to go into the post season with that potential realized...
So when you say spread out you mean to remove them from PK? As I said - not seeing it. And I don't think managing 1PP vs 2PP will make any meaningful impact on their minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad