Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I mentioned in the UFA thread they need to add an experienced 7D and a backup 3C for when Chytil gets hurt.

Other than that, let Berard/Edstrom/Othmann/Rempe fight it out in camp.

I think this is the idea for sure. They needed a 4th line center and they got a pretty good one who plays a physical game. Hopefully Edstrom and Rempe are flanking him and they gel to become a very effective and physical 4th line.

In terms of 7th defensemen, they also need a #8. I’d LOVE Kylington to battle with Jones and I’m intrigued by Nate Schmidt as he can play both sides

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I think this is the idea for sure. They needed a 4th line center and they got a pretty good one who plays a physical game. Hopefully Edstrom and Rempe are flanking him and they gel to become a very effective and physical 4th line.

In terms of 7th defensemen, they also need a #8. I’d LOVE Kylington to battle with Jones and I’m intrigued by Nate Schmidt as he can play both sides
Ben Harpur for #8. Boob has healed. Watch out.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Kakko, Trouba, and some combination of picks/prospects not named Perreault for Zegras.

Sign another depth defenseman (I prefer Kylington).

Add best available LD at the trade deadline.

Seeing what Chychrun went for hurts. Don’t understand Ottawa’s motivation there.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Latest from Vince:

Trouba has been a central figure in establishing an all-for-one, selfless culture the last few seasons, while Goodrow was one of the team's most respected veterans. There's a perception among teammates that their situations could have been handled with more openness and dignity, according to one source, with those feelings extending to other team employees who have been let go in recent years. At the top of that list is longtime trainer Jim Ramsay, who was suddenly fired last year. He was not acknowledged upon his return to Madison Square Garden with the Montreal Canadians on Feb. 15, which apparently didn't sit well with a number of players, either.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This hypothetical trade has NYR/TBL/JBB all over it.
Sheary two years at 2 million for Trouba 2 years at 8 million and a pick.
Rangers gain 6 million in cap space.
They can buy Sheary out and gain another million or trade him with an adder to a bottom feeder to gain two more million in cap space.
The Rangers and Lightning have been trade parters with the aging rangers leadership is ready to be turnover to the next ranger core.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This hypothetical trade has NYR/TBL/JBB all over it.
Sheary two years at 2 million for Trouba 2 years at 8 million and a pick.
Rangers gain 6 million in cap space.
They can buy Sheary out and gain another million or trade him with an adder to a bottom feeder to gain two more million in cap space.
The Rangers and Lightning have been trade parters with the aging rangers leadership is ready to be turnover to the next ranger core.
The Rangers don't have any 2nd round picks, and since we didn't add any dmen, it's unlikely we're still looking to trade Trouba.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The Rangers don't have any 2nd round picks, and since we didn't add any dmen, it's unlikely we're still looking to trade Trouba.
Only reason why I ask is there are rumors flying everwhere that Trouba is going to forced out. I mean't a pick being added from TB like 2nd/3rd/4th to balance it out. The lightning always end up taking on the Rangers ex captains.
If you are looking for a defenseman what about something around Perbix+Sheary straight up for Trouba.
You get a 25year old right handed Defense for 1.2 million and Sheary for 2 million for a 8 million cap hit in Trouba.
Sheary can be bought out , waived, traded , or sent to the aHL for another million in space. I wasn't trying to flame or troll either. Tampa always seems to find the old leadership of the Rangers like Callahan,Boyle,Giradi,Miller, and McDonaugh.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Latest from Vince:

Trouba has been a central figure in establishing an all-for-one, selfless culture the last few seasons, while Goodrow was one of the team's most respected veterans. There's a perception among teammates that their situations could have been handled with more openness and dignity, according to one source, with those feelings extending to other team employees who have been let go in recent years. At the top of that list is longtime trainer Jim Ramsay, who was suddenly fired last year. He was not acknowledged upon his return to Madison Square Garden with the Montreal Canadians on Feb. 15, which apparently didn't sit well with a number of players, either.
This is ridiculous.
The rangers have fulfilled their part of the contract. Now his NMC changes and he needs 1 year for his wife’s residency….
Send this mofo packing and let whatever team claims him mutually terminate his remaining 2 years….
He’ll be able to sign a 2-year deal for close to the 12 mill he’s leaving on the table.

What do these guys expect??? Roses and someone to powder their ass on the way out????
You make too much and underperform, your likely going to be moved.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Not really seeing Chris’ plan here

Drury right now:

1719884410972.png

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Not really seeing Chris’ plan here
Yeah this seems like just punting on this year.

Let’s just give these guys another year with no reinforcements cause we can’t afford it and can’t move out salary! Because we gave out too many NTCs!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There are plenty of things to criticize Drury about. Today was not one of them.

Drury did his part to get Trouba out. He got kneecapped by Trouba. He didn’t give Trouba that contract. You don’t know what he would have/wouldn’t have done with the extra cap room.

Quite frankly the only take away here is Gorton is probably laughing his ass off that he didn’t have to deal with the mess that he made

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
“The Rangers want to get younger.”

Here’s 34 year old Reilly Smith, 32 year old Sam Carrick, a Ryan Lindgren extension and the return of the captain Jacob Trouba.
I hear you but those are all one year deals. If he signed Stamkos for 7/8 years or Toffoli for 4/5 years then I would say yes.
Lindgren I am a bit worried about but I don't think Drury gives him a long deal.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Drury is going to have to sign some AHL vets. The D is too thin now.

How is Klingberg doing in his rehab? Brannstrom might be someone Housley can help. I honestly know nothing about him other than name and remembering him playing against the Rangers in name only.

They need one more piece up front. A bargain bin. Tatar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad