Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
ok, this is my revised...

1. Shesty 5.6 + Zib 8.0 + Lindgren rfa for Nylander 11.5 + Knies .925 x 1 + Liljigren 3 x 2
ballpark cap even

Ls repurpose Nylander into best G, rely on Matthews to drive offense; Zib = younger replacement for Tavares; swap of D acceptable w/Lindy better to clear crease, ballpark cap neutral there

Rs get bread replacement fixes 1st line, Kreider - Nyl bookends, give Knies a shot at pivot there to start; Lilj = actual righty D; Quick + Domingue hold it while Garand joins and breaks in asap

Zib will waive b'c it is clear much of the vet core is being moved, and top 6 in TOR w/AM + Marner is not bad relocation

-------------

2. Panarin max retained to like 5.8 + Trouba max retained to 4.0 + Othmann elc + nyr 2025 1st
for
Dobson

a) bread is not gonna get a deal that is not insulting, let alone sniff 11+ from us, and this is best way for him to save face w/o it appearing ugly. Isles famously offered more when his deal began, so $$ aspect good there.
b) Trouba wants to stay close to nyc, this is close enuf. He is also had at half x 2.
c) Then after splurging/wasting on rentals etc, getting a good F prospect full elc is huge; and the pick is nice.
All that is too much to turn down, even for Dobson, who will get huge salary hike next deal

===================

Kreider - Knies - Nylander
Berard - Tro - LaF
Cuylle - Chytil - KK
Vesey or upgrade - Edstrom - Rempe

Fox - Dobson
KAM - Schneid
Scanlin - Lilj

Quick/Doming/Garrand

---------
keep an eye out for Zegras + Pinto

both immediately and over term of his deal
Bern….even you have to admit this is f***ing horrible lol

Knies your first line center? Berard as your top 6 lw

f***ing quick can not be a starter anymore. This one is laughable

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Shutdown lines are good, especially if they're effective. They only become a problem offensively when your scoring lines can't put up points.
I think you need your third line to be able to score some. That wasn't the case for us.

It doesn't need to match the top 2, but it has to score SOME. It can't be a duplicate fourth line.

Also never gonna happen. Have fun being disappointed on your moral high ground.

It's more like wise team building than anything to do with morality, but yes, I'm sure Drury will make another contractual bad decision, as he's made numerous so far in his tenure.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I think you need your third line to be able to score some. That wasn't the case for us.

It doesn't need to match the top 2, but it has to score SOME. It can't be a duplicate fourth line.

It's more like wise team building than anything to do with morality, but yes, I'm sure Drury will make another contractual bad decision, as he's made numerous so far in his tenure.
Let’s convince McDavid to come here for league minimum. It’s wise team building. Forget whether or not this is realistic, it’s the right thing to do.

• Haha
Reactions: OriginalLimbo

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
this is hilarious to me after what the post reported. he had unfinished business, he was the apple of the rangers eye, he wanted to return to new york, it was going to take 3 years and 4-5m to get it one. and this is the contract he got to stay in detroit.

absolutely concerned that this is the player drury pegged to get them over the hump, but thank god a bullet was dodged.
Maybe the part about Drury identifying him as the missing piece was just as much bullshit as the rest of the rumors?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Still a pick for me on a fourth line depending upon cost. Good defensive forward who can PK and chip in some offense and can play on the third line if injuries become an issue. I have a feeling someone will overpay a bit for him, though.

Trenin.PNG

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad