Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
this is hilarious to me after what the post reported. he had unfinished business, he was the apple of the rangers eye, he wanted to return to new york, it was going to take 3 years and 4-5m to get it one. and this is the contract he got to stay in detroit.

absolutely concerned that this is the player drury pegged to get them over the hump, but thank god a bullet was dodged.

My read is it is blatantly obvious that Brooks’ source was Kane’s agent

Go Rangers

Mar 16, 2022
Franklin Tn
Listen. I get all of the reasoning from both sides. Why Drury wants to move Trouba and why he’s pissed about it.

But the simple fact is this group hasn’t gotten it done when it matters most and we’ve seen enough the last 3 seasons to understand that.

It was time to make changes to the core. Some things you can do with certain players and other things you just can’t.
And I doubt a difference maker is coming to the rescue either.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It could be as simple as waiting until
Tomorrow or giving him time to process everything.

I think it’s a bit premature to jump to “oh he and his agent are going to block everything!”
Or Trouba is someone’s plan B or C so team(s) are waiting to see how Free Agency shakes out to see if they want to go in that direction.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Count me in with moving chytil to wing and finding a solid 3C….
This team hasn’t had 3 capable durable centers that can produce in a long time…..
That’s pretty important, it’s the spine of the team down the middle.
Zibby runs hot and cold given the year
Trochek is great, would love to clone him
Chytil impresses for 10-15games, gets injured and it’s anyone’s guess when he returns.
At this point we can’t trade him, he has no value and is signed. Shift him to wing and get a solid 2-way 3C that can play up and down and cover for injuries in the short term.
Edstrom should take the 4C job by the reins…
If/when fragile Fil gets injured again, and if Edstrom looks to be running out of gas by seasons end, finding a 4C for rotation and replacement wing are a hell of a lot cheaper at the TDL.
Berard/Jones/Edstrom all need to step up and grab roster spots in camp.
This team needs cheap secondary youth on a pipeline from the farm system.
Othmann should at least get an injury call up down the line as well. Hopefully he has a great year in Hartford to start next season.

Reactions: egelband

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Count me in with moving chytil to wing and finding a solid 3C….
This team hasn’t had 3 capable durable centers that can produce in a long time…..
That’s pretty important, it’s the spine of the team down the middle.
Zibby runs hot and cold given the year
Trochek is great, would love to clone him
Chytil impresses for 10-15games, gets injured and it’s anyone’s guess when he returns.
At this point we can’t trade him, he has no value and is signed. Shift him to wing and get a solid 2-way 3C that can play up and down and cover for injuries in the short term.
Edstrom should take the 4C job by the reins…
If/when fragile Fil gets injured again, and if Edstrom looks to be running out of gas by seasons end, finding a 4C for rotation and replacement wing are a hell of a lot cheaper at the TDL.
Berard/Jones/Edstrom all need to step up and grab roster spots in camp.
This team needs cheap secondary youth on a pipeline from the farm system.
Othmann should at least get an injury call up down the line as well. Hopefully he has a great year in Hartford to start next season.
Stephenson is the way to go. He can be 3C and basically do what Trochek does. Put Kakko and Cullye with him as a PITA shut down line. Chytil can start with the twins.

I forgot Lomberg will be floating around. He might be a target. If Edstrom is going to really play 4C imagine a line with him, Rempe, Lomberg. Ouch to the other team.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

If we were able to trade Trouba, one crazy idea would be to give Stamkos a big 1 year deal. Word is he is looking for term but what if?

Maybe the solution for BFFs isn't to find them a winger to swing with them. Maybe the solution is to simplify Mika's game. Give Stammer Mika's bumper spot on PP1

Kreider-Stamkos-Mika

But yeah, doubt he has any interest in a one year deal.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If we were able to trade Trouba, one crazy idea would be to give Stamkos a big 1 year deal. Word is he is looking for term but what if?

Maybe the solution for BFFs isn't to find them a winger to swing with them. Maybe the solution is to simplify Mika's game. Give Stammer Mika's bumper spot on PP1

Kreider-Stamkos-Mika

But yeah, doubt he has any interest in a one year deal.
Sounds like he has plenty of interest… don’t see why he’d settle for 1 year.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Lafferty for 4th line C
Arvidsson for 2nd line RW
Foegelle for 3rd line Wing

If Trouba goes I have no clue but they need a descent ufa Dman

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Kane to the Rangers stuff started two weeks ago with Frank Seravalli. Frank said Kane had unfinished business in NY. Chris Johnston said on his pod that the Rangers were the leading contender for Kane last week. Johnston said there was a lot of Kane to NY smoke out there. The Kane couldn't have given Kane that bonus laden contract. The Rangers didn't want to offer more than one year and Detroit was only offering one year. Brooks jumped on the Kane bandwagon after he has spent the last month saying the Rangers need to get bigger and faster. Brooks is already talking about the 2025 trade deadline. The Rangers don't need to spend their space in the summer. Help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad