Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Both of them scare the hell out of me for a team that’s supposed to be a contender
I hear you but at some point we are gonna have to trust some of our Hartford prospects to fill bottom 6 roles. I still think Edstrom and Berard would be very good fits for this team next year and hopefully beyond.

Sign please
Reunite Lafreniere and Hayton ;)

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
I am not completely disinterested in Stamkos but he seems like the kind of guy who is likely to take that retirement contract in NY and then only be a shadow of his former self. For the term it will require I don’t think it’s smart.

I’m not sure there is a free agent solution for this team this year. One year deals are probably the wisest. Look for trades for young future centerpieces you can buy low on.
If you look at Stamkos’s ES vs PP splits it’s almost exactly like Zib. Hes a PP merchant who’s seen a major decline at ES. I’d rather go the discount route and look at Skinner who is much more productive at 5v5 and has more of a skill set we need.

Reactions: Atax and will1066

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011

this is hilarious to me after what the post reported. he had unfinished business, he was the apple of the rangers eye, he wanted to return to new york, it was going to take 3 years and 4-5m to get it one. and this is the contract he got to stay in detroit.

absolutely concerned that this is the player drury pegged to get them over the hump, but thank god a bullet was dodged.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hope they circle to Vaakaneinen as a potential option to fill the 3LD role with Jones. He wasn't qualified by the Ducks, but he did well in a 3rd pairing role for them. Still young as well and we don't really have competition on the left side internally unless they really want to give Robertson a chance.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I was hoping for a Kane bargain bin deal after all that “unfinished, I was injured” noise. Now I wish all the worst for him and them. Hope they miss the playoffs and his career is done this time next year.

Reactions: mas0764

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
this is hilarious to me after what the post reported. he had unfinished business, he was the apple of the rangers eye, he wanted to return to new york, it was going to take 3 years and 4-5m to get it one. and this is the contract he got to stay in detroit.

absolutely concerned that this is the player drury pegged to get them over the hump, but thank god a bullet was dodged.

Honestly it sounded like that was coming from Brisson.

It may have worked. Thats a ton of money for Kane basically guaranteed. I'm sure they'll gladly fork over the extra if they make the playoffs but he alone won't be enough.

So what’s the deal now, we’re gonna have to wait for the Trouba situation to unfold before we start going for another option? Not good.

Nah they can operate as if he isn't here and figure that shit out later.

There will be some clarity on that end tomorrow I'd think.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
“Jacob, we’re sorry to hear about the arthritis in your hand from all of those amazing paintings you’ve been doing. So that’s why we’re gonna put you on LTIR all season.”
That's a shitty outcome for us. Sure we can use his money for other players, but we can't accrue cap space for the TDL with him on LTIR all year. Send his ass to Siberia for all we care, but get him off the books.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
That's a shitty outcome for us. Sure we can use his money for other players, but we can't accrue cap space for the TDL with him on LTIR all year. Send his ass to Siberia for all we care, but get him off the books.
I removed my like from @Paulie Walnutz 's post after reading this. It's good to have knowledgeable posters to help us make better, informed post-liking decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay