Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Assuming Guentzel, Reinhart, and Kane are off the board tomorrow if we are targeting a UFA forward for the top 6, I'd go after DeBrusk or Marchessault.

I fear DeBrusk would be more of the same not high end enough type.

But bringing JAM in could be a Trocheck type addition.

Arvidsson may cost less
Swede for Zib

Reactions: surlysailor

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I didn't catch it before you edited..What did I do? was i bad?
I just said something to the effect that it would be wise to use the newfound store credit after returning a used Trouba to the Stop and Shop on something good

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I just said something to the effect that it would be wise to use the newfound store credit after returning a used Trouba to the Stop and Shop on something good
1719788745115.png

Reactions: will1066

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Any word on who we’re targeting with all the cap if Trouba goes? Maybe Matt Roy but that’s a big commitment.
I think walker imo. He’ll be cheaper. Schneider has cemented himself into the 2nd pair this season going forward.
Walker shouldn’t be looking for a massive deal and is a solid 2-way D.
29 years old….
If they miss on him, they may target the bargain bin

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Guenztel is/was their top target. He was their top choice at the deadline and fell short trying to trade for him.

It’s why Drury was trying to get the Trouba thing done before tomorrow. So they knew how much space they had to play with to offer him a deal

Reactions: Barnaby

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Guenztel is/was their top target. He was their top choice at the deadline and fell short trying to trade for him.

It’s why Drury was trying to get the Trouba thing done before tomorrow. So they knew how much space they had to play with to offer him a deal
really worried Drury has no balls in this crucial period of our franchise development. He is either pissed about the Trouba drama and does something wild tonight/tomorrow or he sulks and signs players that will never move the needle to ridiculous contracts in the hopes he hits a bullseye.

Reactions: Go Rangers

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Literally no care for how they feel about it. If you are overpaid and underperform, you are first on the chopping block, and thats not just in sports, thats in any profession, anywhere, anytime. Thats business. Drury has done nothing wrong. I personally love the way Goody plays and Trouba has left some incredible, fond memories. That's all very nice and I appreciate it but looking forward, we dont have room to carry overpaid players who do nothing. Sorry if it's harsh, this is business.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00