Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Farabee would be a great add. His cap hit and term work out really well for us.

Zegras, I love the idea. His cap hit is fair, still has 2 years left and becomes an RFA. Maybe by some miracle Tuba would waive to go go Cali. They have a boat load of cap space, their right side is weak. They lost Drysdale (RHD) in the Gauthier trade. Zegras give's you flexibility. You acquire him to play RW in the top 6, and barring any injuries he shifts back to center. The other angle here... Zegras is 23. In 5 years or so Mika and Trocheck's careers are coming to an end, Zegras could be the eventual heir when that time comes. For now how this team is constructed, he slots in on the wing.. in the future he could be the center.

Tuba, 1st + Berard for Zegras?

Most of us are looking to ship out Tuba... but what if there's an offer of Schneider and a first for Zegras? That's a tricky one

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Can you link the rumors?
But seriously…

IMG_7433.png

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
He also has an attitude and cockiness. He’s pretty slight physically but attitude can make up for a lot. I can see him going really hard for his hometown team. I’m on board assuming the players moved out to make room are some combination of Trouba/Lindgren/Kakko/prospects (not Gabe)/picks

How many of our guys would score an OT winner like that then toss their stick into the crowd? Tro and Laf are the only ones on the team with that energy. Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Fox do not.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

How many of our guys would score an OT winner like that then toss their stick into the crowd? Tro and Laf are the only ones on the team with that energy. Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Fox do not.

So.
And I sadly can’t use my preferred pejorative here, but it starts with an F.
What
Panarin has more points in 2 years than zegras in his 4 year nhl career. Mika has more points in the past 2 years than his career.

He’s never played a single playoff game, and were somehow anointing him the next chosen one.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I prefer to not see our players throwing their sticks in the stands….

We don’t have a good track record with young players throwing shit around to begin with.

I am not sure how anyone can possibly think Trouba is going to get traded after seeing the return for Walman.
Blocked shots! Hits! Captain materiel. Gritty. Veteran. Mark Messier award.

I want a 1st + top prospect.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Farabee would be a great add. His cap hit and term work out really well for us.

Zegras, I love the idea. His cap hit is fair, still has 2 years left and becomes an RFA. Maybe by some miracle Tuba would waive to go go Cali. They have a boat load of cap space, their right side is weak. They lost Drysdale (RHD) in the Gauthier trade. Zegras give's you flexibility. You acquire him to play RW in the top 6, and barring any injuries he shifts back to center. The other angle here... Zegras is 23. In 5 years or so Mika and Trocheck's careers are coming to an end, Zegras could be the eventual heir when that time comes. For now how this team is constructed, he slots in on the wing.. in the future he could be the center.

Tuba, 1st + Berard for Zegras?

Most of us are looking to ship out Tuba... but what if there's an offer of Schneider and a first for Zegras? That's a tricky one
Maybe he’d accept it since he’s so suicidal in NY

Zegras would be a great move and give them C/W versatility in case of another Chytil concussion. For some reason NYR philosophy is to come into every season with maximum 3 legit centers, then throw your hands up and shrug when one gets injured and you have some AHL shitter in the top 9 for half the year.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I am not sure how anyone can possibly think Trouba is going to get traded after seeing the return for Walman.
I don't think he'll be moved, but I can see a sceanrio where a team who isn't on his protected list, and misses out on FA signings, does ask Drury just how much caphit the Rangers are prepared to eat.

Leadership/intangibles seem to mean a lot to GMs, he has hit 50 points (once) while running a pretty effective PP. So if the going rate for FA D is around $6m but they aren't coming to you, and you can convince Drury to eat $2.5m, why not make the trade? Especially as the cost would realistically be SFA and/or a contract you'd like to get rid of anyway

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I gotta recover my 03 reg date account. Put everyone to shame other than jas, if he were still alive.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Why does this matter?

Okay it's a cool celebration but it's a goal during 3v3. Its not a situation you're often going to find yourself in when the games really matter.

Incoming Panarin trade.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
If it's Zegras, which I don't hate cause if a playmaker is best on K and Zs wing he is that like Zuc and Buch, it won't be Kakko. It will be Chytil. Which would hurt more, which means it's a fair trade.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

if he were moved the rangers would likely be incentivizing a team to take him with little to no return, or possibly accept someone's bad contract that carries a lower cap hit.

either way, i'm in the minority that does not want to see trouba moved. i think he brings a whole lot as a leader that we dont see but absolutely makes an impact on the way the whole team plays. i also think he brings an element on the ice as a physical presence and in the attitude he plays with that too many people don't realize, but they certainly will if it's gone. they also just named him captain 2 years ago, optically and locker room wise, that might not go over well and come with significant collateral damage...the team won the presidents trophy and lost in the eastern finals...no need to reinvent the wheel.

maybe more importantly, i don't see the sense in moving him now from an asset management perspective. he was actually ok most of the year, but certainly don't think it's a level he'd be happy with, and he struggled coming back from injury in the playoffs for sure. ok so a guy making 8 sheets coming off a poor season with a particularly poor end to it? why give him away at the lowest possible value? he just turned 30, it's not like he isn't more than capable of a bounceback...and whatever anyone thinks of him...or at least looking at the fact he's unanimously looked at as the leader of this team by his teammates...it's undeniable that the guy cares. it's a virtual certainty he's going to bust his hump this summer doing everything possible to have a much better season. to me the probabilities overwhelmingly favor keeping him here for at least another year. worst case scenario....his return value can't get much lower than future considerations, though you knocked another year off the contract you're trying to move. best case, he has a huge bounce back and you can either keep him or move him at a point where there's at least something of value coming back. selling at the low is only acceptable as a forced seller or if the asset is permanently impaired. doing so for any other reason is just being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad