Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So that’s why the Caps bought and killed capfriendly.

Horrific asset management from LA too.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
So that’s why the Caps bought and killed capfriendly.

Horrific asset management from LA too.
They lost the initial PLD trade the moment it happened, then doubled down with a ridiculous extension but getting rid of him now? That feels like a win for today. They needed a goalie and got one that has at least won a cup. Not too many of those out there these days. Bill Ranford will get Kuemper's game back in shape. LA does well with their goalies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They lost the initial PLD trade the moment it happened, then doubled down with a ridiculous extension but getting rid of him now? That feels like a win for today. They needed a goalie and got one that has at least won a cup. Not too many of those out there these days. Bill Ranford will get Kuemper's game back in shape. LA does well with their goalies.
I mean LA could have just bought out PLD too

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I mean LA could have just bought out PLD too
They could’ve, but this actually gives them a potential usable asset. I do get it from LA’s perspective.
I think the bigger question is just pld’s work ethic.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They could’ve, but this actually gives them a potential usable asset. I do get it from LA’s perspective.
I think the bigger question is just pld’s work ethic.
I guess but I’m also not trying to trade for a 35 goalie with term and a sub 900 sv%

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They'd be paying him till 2038. That is like Rick DiPietro levels of buyout.
No it’s not PLD is young so it’s only mini buy out. Like if Carolina buys out Kotkaniemi

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It's hard to trust they'll move on from Lindgren.

Keeping Trouba hurts less than giving Lindgren 5 or 6 years
Not if Lindgren signs for under 4M. Can easily move that down the road.

And Lindgren is fine if he's put on the bottom pair, He just cant be with Fox anymore for 20 minutes.

I still think it’s a bit premature to pencil Rempe in for a 4th line role.

He’s got quite a bit of work to do in order to become a nhl regular.

Do think this opens the door for Edstrom.
Seems pretty clear Rempe will be given that spot, at least to start the season. They seem very heavily invested on him, as they should. Edstorm still has to show he has it. Which he will be given the chance too during pre-season.

Reactions: Profet

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The problem I keep circling around is that you can't keep both Lindgren and Trouba and say you're gonna fix the D by getting (another) new 3D to replace Gustafsson

Or I guess you could if you let Gus walk and could afford to find a real partner for Fox and then lol at a Lindgren/Trouba 3rd pairing

but really the big problem is if they re-sign Lindgren it's almost surely to keep playing him with Fox. Kneecapping Fox's prime years

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I feel like Drury is going to go hard after Brady Skjei to play with Fox. He's fine and definitely is better than when he was with us. Could compliment Fox very well.

(dont shoot me)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Skjei is good but will probably cost a decent chunk. 30 years old and just put up 47 points I can't see him not trying to get a 7 year deal worth probably $8 mill+ from someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad