Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
you need a top 4 LD, and it's probably via trade. Walker is available, Skjei, both will be expensive.

I don't think you need an all time stud though, and i think you can get by with a stop gap. Provorov is in this mold.

i think we need a top 9 W or C/W. what about Mantha?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Skjei is good but will probably cost a decent chunk. 30 years old and just put up 47 points I can't see him not trying to get a 7 year deal worth probably $8 mill+ from someone
Losing Trouba and acquiring Skjei would be hilarious...

Trouba and Skjei, BFF's moving around each other like ships passing in the night.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Devils add a mediocre goalie on the back nine of his career
I hate to break it to you, but Markström is definitely a good goalie in this league, capable of having a Vezina season next year. Not suggesting he will, but he is capable of doing that. He was one of the best goalies in the league this year, and this was in an absolute trash Flames team. And 34 isn't exactly too old for a goalie.

It could've been worse, they could've landed Saros or Ullmark but Markström was clearly the #3 goalie available out there. And not particularly close.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I hate to break it to you, but Markström is definitely a good goalie in this league, capable of having a Vezina season next year. Not suggesting he will, but he is capable of doing that. He was one of the best goalies in the league this year, and this was in an absolute trash Flames team. And 34 isn't exactly too old for a goalie.

It could've been worse, they could've landed Saros or Ullmark but Markström was clearly the #3 goalie available out there. And not particularly close.
34 is around the age where they might start falling apart...hard to say

Reactions: kovazub94

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ottawa has 12 mil in cap space, and they are expected to move Chychrun. Could they be a landing spot for Lindgren? Assuming we aren't the ones trading for Chychrun, could we target Kleven as part of the return? How has he looked in recent years? Is he ready for the NHL or has he not developed?

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Need to draft those. Sadly Rangers are not in a position to do so right now unless they get lucky at the draft. Rangers traded for Mika and thought he was a #1 center. Rangers scouts always miss at the pro level. they should have drafted a top line skilled center around the time Derek Stepan got dealt. At least Lias Andersson got the Rangers the pick to draft Will Cuylle
Thought he was a #1 center? Dude had a 40 goal season a 90 pt season and a few PPG+ seasons.

Yes he's not #1 level now but let's not pretend he never was a 1C and was top 5 in his peak before covid hockey.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Skjei is good but will probably cost a decent chunk. 30 years old and just put up 47 points I can't see him not trying to get a 7 year deal worth probably $8 mill+ from someone

yeah i like Skjei a lot (imagine if we had him instead of Trouba the last few seasons) but he always seems to suck in the playoffs for whatever reason

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I feel like Drury is going to go hard after Brady Skjei to play with Fox. He's fine and definitely is better than when he was with us. Could compliment Fox very well.

(dont shoot me)

Skjei fits the criteria because he can move the puck and skate but if that’s Drury’s big move on D, Lord help us. I’d take him over Lindgren by a mile in any case.

Polarizing take I’m sure, but, Zadarov is guy. Russian Beukeboom who can at handle top 4 minutes physically. Also isn’t afraid to take or give a hit like most of our D. I acknowledge he’s not a perfect player and will make mistakes but he’s what we need to complement our top guys. A Russian bear for Igor and Panarin can’t hurt either.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Skjei fits the criteria because he can move the puck and skate but if that’s Drury’s big move on D, Lord help us. I’d take him over Lindgren by a mile in any case
Yea I wish there were better options on the FA market at LD, but nothing really stands out.

I’m all for a good hockey trade but aiming for a 2/3 defenseman will cost an arm and a leg.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So who are legit 1 yr options ?
Perron types ….

I don’t think they add Salary to next year with Laf, Igor , Miller resigns

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Perron types ….

The best one year options are to trade for rentals because the quality of player is much better and you can effectively build a team that would not be close to cap compliant earlier in the year.

Reactions: cheech70

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Perron types ….

I bet they'll do a mix of both.

There will be other ways to clear salary between now and those guys need to be re-signed. At worst you're looking at a single year left of Trouba and Panarin, thats nearly 20 million right there.

Reactions: majordomo

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Ottawa has 12 mil in cap space, and they are expected to move Chychrun. Could they be a landing spot for Lindgren? Assuming we aren't the ones trading for Chychrun, could we target Kleven as part of the return? How has he looked in recent years? Is he ready for the NHL or has he not developed?

I’d say that’s a legit option for him thing is they likely resign Lindgren unless they can find a 1 yr fit as ufa then flip for picks and prospects

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The reason the are looking to move him, or at least part of the reason is because they have Sanderson and Chabot. Two LHD who are their 1st and 2nd pair LD and locked up for a while. I don’t think they would be too interested in Lindgren.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The reason the are looking to move him, or at least part of the reason is because they have Sanderson and Chabot. Two LHD who are their 1st and 2nd pair LD and locked up for a while. I don’t think they would be too interested in Lindgren.
I thought he wanted out, but that makes sense too.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
why'd they trade for him in the first place but who knows what goes on in the minds of nhl gms

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
why'd they trade for him in the first place but who knows what goes on in the minds of nhl gms
Even though he wasn’t the ideal fit for them when a good defenseman is available for a team like Ottawa I guess it’s tough to turn that opportunity down. But it’s not working out for whatever reason, supposedly he’s much worse on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad