Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So who are legit 1 yr options ?
Perron types ….

I don’t think they add Salary to next year with Laf, Igor , Miller resigns
Mantha, but that will never happen with Laviolette.
JVR
Pacioretty
Arvidsson

These are the non reclamation projects. I still say we should offer a player like Labanc a dirt cheap deal. Idk what happened in San Jose with him, but he's needed a change badly.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Mantha, but that will never happen with Laviolette.
JVR
Pacioretty
Arvidsson

These are the non reclamation projects. I still say we should offer a player like Labanc a dirt cheap deal. Idk what happened in San Jose with him, but he's needed a change badly.

I’d take Arvidsson on a 1 yr show me

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Assuming Lindgren and Schneider come in around 6.5M the rangers will have over 6.5M of cap to find a RW and a 7th D. And that’s without another trade to free up space. Ideally you move out Lindgren and Trouba and somehow bring in a good LD and a high end RW but I doubt they move both of them.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They traded for him before Sanderson played a single NHL game.
Sanderson's first NHL season was 2022-2023 where he played 77 games
Ottawa traded for Chychrun during the 2022-2023 season

So, you are incorrect.

Last season was Chychrun's first full season with Ottawa

e: So they knew of this "problem" of Chabot and Sanderson stacking the left side before they traded for Chychrun. They traded a 1st and two 2nds for a guy they didn't have "space" for and are now looking to move or are being forced to move

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
No it’s not PLD is young so it’s only mini buy out. Like if Carolina buys out Kotkaniemi
This wasn't hyperbole. I literally mean 2038
1718837947387.png

sounds like there is some weird timing window though but this is what the buyout calculator is telling me today

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I feel like Drury is going to go hard after Brady Skjei to play with Fox. He's fine and definitely is better than when he was with us. Could compliment Fox very well.

(dont shoot me)
LOL if Drury goes out and gets Skjei, Pionk, and Buchnevich this offseason. Get JT Miller back while we're at it. :laugh:
KZB
Skjei-Fox
Miller-Pionk
Jones-Schneider

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Assuming Lindgren and Schneider come in around 6.5M the rangers will have over 6.5M of cap to find a RW and a 7th D. And that’s without another trade to free up space. Ideally you move out Lindgren and Trouba and somehow bring in a good LD and a high end RW but I doubt they move both of them.

I don’t think they need to solve all their problems in an offseason either.

Lindgren and an upgrade is a must. Doing something about RW is… less of a must? I don’t know they still need one but if they’re planning on keeping Kreider and Zibanejad together there isn’t a solution there. If they break them up? I think there’s some stuff that can be done.

I think people need to come off of moving Trouba. Unless Drurys really got a sack he’s the one problem that I’m confident gets run back.

Reactions: leetch99

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Floating it out there to gauge the room.

Rangers are close. 2 ECF in 3 seasons. Falling 2 wins shy of the SCF. 6 wins shy of a Championship twice in 3 years.

Rangers are in it. But should they go all-in?

Can they afford Sam Reinhart?

Kreider - Zibanejad - Reinhart
Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere

Not many top 6 groups better than that in the league.

Problem is, would they even be able to make it work financially.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
  • Rangers goalie Igor Shesterkin is said to be looking for the same salary-cap percentage (14 per cent) that Carey Price took with the Montreal Canadiens when he signed an eight-year, $84-million extension in 2017. That would put the superstar at a $12.3-million annual salary, setting the new bar for NHL goalies.
On Edmonton being a small-market NHL team: Word is the Oilers are absolutely killing it in revenue during these playoffs. Some NHL executives have their per-game revenue during the final well north of $10 million.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Floating it out there to gauge the room.

Rangers are close. 2 ECF in 3 seasons. Falling 2 wins shy of the SCF. 6 wins shy of a Championship twice in 3 years.

Rangers are in it. But should they go all-in?

Reinhard will end up with 21 goals playing on a line with Kreider and Mika.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Reinhard will end up with 21 goals playing on a line with Kreider and Mika.
I get the cynicism. Believe me. I am as cynical with the Rangers as it gets sometimes. But Reinhart hasn't scored less than 31 goals in 3 seasons running. He's been a major part of 2 deep runs to the SCF now. He's got that experience on top of the ability to score.

I can't think of many better options to go all-in on this window to win a Cup(s).

Reactions: skipmowerman

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Berard-Rempe-Vesey will be the 4th line to start the season
no chance Rempe is the starting 4C

I get the cynicism. Believe me. I am as cynical with the Rangers as it gets sometimes. But Reinhart hasn't scored less than 31 goals in 3 seasons running. He's been a major part of 2 deep runs to the SCF now. He's got that experience on top of the ability to score.

I can't think of many better options to go all-in on this window to win a Cup(s).
Huge pass on Reinhart - that contract is going to be brutal

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Draft coming up a week from Friday. At Dolan owned Sphere in LV.

I think we shouldn't be surprised if the Rangers make a splash during the 1st round on that Friday night.

no chance Rempe is the starting 4C

Huge pass on Reinhart - that contract is going to be brutal
That's the fear. Just saying if the Rangers can win a Cup or two while the window is open, do we really care how bad that contract is later on?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Draft coming up a week from Friday. At Dolan owned Sphere in LV.

I think we shouldn't be surprised if the Rangers make a splash during the 1st round on that Friday night.

That's the fear. Just saying if the Rangers can win a Cup or two while the window is open, do we really care how bad that contract is later on?
Splash would be moving up in the draft or trading for Brady Tkachuk or Brock Boeser

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

I don't think so unless they somehow do a 1 year deal for him OR we ditch on 2+ RFAs
Next summer is Shesterkin, Lafreniere, Miller, Cuylle, Jones, Rempe, Edstrom
But the year after that, $11.6M comes off the books in Panarin

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

Trade him.

I don't think so unless they somehow do a 1 year deal for him OR we ditch on 2+ RFAs
Next summer is Shesterkin, Lafreniere, Miller, Cuylle, Jones, Rempe, Edstrom
But the year after that, $11.6M comes off the books in Panarin
I bet Panarin re-signs for a pay cut.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The best one year options are to trade for rentals because the quality of player is much better and you can effectively build a team that would not be close to cap compliant earlier in the year.

Problem is they have little picks to deal now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad