Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
05C59B6C-13E8-484C-BB94-333971FBB0A8.png

Ducks have a grit GM and want a top 4 D. Time to send someone packing

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If Lindgren is staying, he's not moving down the lineup. We'll continue to staple him to Fox because this organization has no discipline whatsoever.

You have to ship him off just to save us from ourselves.
One day, maybe in the year 2087, NYR will have management that don’t just look at the final score being 1-0 loss and think “well the defenseman did their job!”

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Bringing in Lindgren, and maybe Kakko(totally my speculation cause Vegas wants players not picks), for Theodore and them sending out McNabb somewhere else, likely Utah, would still give them a good left side with Hanifin, Hague and Lindgren. It will save them money to be able to keep their forward group together and be able to go into the FA pool at RD which is stronger than LD. Of course, it's all speculation.

Edit: Damn. Forgot to quote again. Sorry @jay from jersey

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If Trouba doesn't have them on his list, that's the spot. They have an abundance of LHD prospects and have Fowler. That isn't the spot for Lindgren. Not to mention they have tons of cap space
I could see them being dumb enough to block their prospects with him

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The place for Lindgren is Utah. They have no defensemen at all and will be looking to provide a better product on the ice. Lindgren is the type of guy who will be around for a bit and will be a fan favorite. They have a million draft picks.

He should bring back a decent return, too. We don't have a second rounder until like 2045, so . . .

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
The place for Lindgren is Utah. They have no defensemen at all and will be looking to provide a better product on the ice. Lindgren is the type of guy who will be around for a bit and will be a fan favorite. They have a million draft picks.
nah thats where trouba is going

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yeah, but no, b'c those are the exceptions, not the rule.

I am not cherry picking anything.
It is there in print for all to see.
I called out yes Wennberg, no Rempe, etc etc etc
Did I get everything 111% correct? No.
But did I get it a lot more right than wrong, in real time, including before, not just be-atching about it after the fact? Yes.

Dressing Rempe was the problem. Coach didn't trust him and rightfully so.

It's not the reason we lost, but he shouldn't have played after the WSH series.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Dressing Rempe was the problem. Coach didn't trust him and rightfully so.

It's not the reason we lost, but he shouldn't have played after the WSH series.
Dressing Milton, Diakite, Jeffries and Sims was a problem.

Dressing Jahmai Jones is a problem.

No trust. No adjustments.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Problem is there are 31 teams or at least fan based trying to trade Utah their uncapfriendly player

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think the odds of Lindgren being traded are much lower than Trouba being traded.

Much lower

I'm fine with Lindgren sticking around if it's on the 3rd pair and Trouba is gone.

but the Rangers have to f***ing stop running this team like a goddamn charity case. The goal is to win the goddamn cup not coddle Fox's feelings. You don't win by sticking a bad player with your best player because "they're friends" and "they have chemistry" and then you check the stats and the only thing keeping them barely adequate is your top playing dragging the rotting corpse of his friend around the ice

Get.Your.Shit.Together.

Win the cup, not play games trying to chase some chemistry that was barely there in the first place

e: I mean if Lindgren and Trouba are around then we're pretty much just running this shit back and hoping the puck bounces the Rangers way next year a little bit more.

I guess they could get wild and trade Miller instead but woooo boy if they go that route it's going to get even uglier.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, I like the idea of finding a taker for Trouba (minimal assets coming back, maybe a second and spare picks, but no retention), giving Lindgren a short term deal and moving him down in the lineup, and then "helping" Vegas by taking Theodore off their hands.

Miller - Fox
Theodore - Skjei
Lindgren - Jones
Did Schneider get ol' yeller'd out behind the garden or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad