Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Where are you guys reading that Nils Lundkvist is being let go? Everything I'm seeing has DAL putting him in a more prominent position next year. Hasn't he been really good in limited minutes?
Lundqvist has gone the same route as Jones (and Rempy) -- spent most of the time in the press box watching Suter screw the pooch night after night and if he was in the lineup he barely played 4 minutes. Management/coach didn't trust him.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Where are you guys reading that Nils Lundkvist is being let go? Everything I'm seeing has DAL putting him in a more prominent position next year. Hasn't he been really good in limited minutes?
He was eventually scratched in the playoffs for a guy who has barely played in the NHL lately, Alex Petrovic. I haven't seen any official confirmation that Dallas is parting ways with him, but I don't think think he's impressed in Dallas.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
FC is one more hit away from permanent retirement and that is assuming he fully recovers from last year. I doubt he has any trade value as it is a big risk, but it is also dumb to pencil him in as a 3rd line center. If somehow he comes back great but you can not count on that at this point in terms of putting together the team.

Ok.

Who is going to play there then? Stamkos hasn’t been a center in years so that isn’t an option which is what I was pointing out.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Nate Schmidt would be a solid addition as a #7 if he’d come to NY.

The fact that talk on Lindgren has been silent makes me think there is an opportunity to move him.

I truly don’t think Drury goes in to next year with a near identical team.

Also, with Stamkos hitting UFA, I get the sense that may have paused the Trouba to Detroit talk.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
He isn't owed 8m a season, thats his cap hit. He’s owed 6m a season.
Of course I know that, I'm addressing the contract and I'm not going to constantly 8aav and 6real money every time I post about trouba damn contract.

No one has named a single team that will rationally claim trouba off waivers at the full 8m hit, no team is desperate for his contract structure to reach the cap floor. Arizona was always viewed as that team, they aren't anymore.

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I think you’re out to lunch if you believe they’d send him to Hartford. He’s not even currently the worst defenseman on this roster.
I’m saying it’s an option, and if Drury wants to make a statement, this makes it. I’m not saying it WILL happen, I’m saying it’s a possibility, and I think anyone who thinks it’s NOT possible is out to lunch.
BTW, I agree that when healthy Trouba isn’t our worst D Man, but he is currently our worst value on D. Goodrow was also not our worst forward, especially not in the playoffs but he may have been our worst value. At least the worst value that could be moved/waived.
The bottom line is that Hartford is leverage. If all the speculation is accurate and Trouba is “playing dirty” though within his rights, playing dirty within the team’s rights and making a point/example for future players who don’t live up to their contract is a definite possibility. As much as you don’t BELIEVE it will happen, it’s is still a possibility.
And again, IF Drury was to assign Trouba to Hartford, it would not be for long, Trouba would almost certainly cooperate.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I’m saying it’s an option, and if Drury wants to make a statement, this makes it. I’m not saying it WILL happen, I’m saying it’s a possibility, and I think anyone who thinks it’s NOT possible is out to lunch.
BTW, I agree that when healthy Trouba isn’t our worst D Man, but he is currently our worst value on D. Goodrow was also not our worst forward, especially not in the playoffs but he may have been our worst value. At least the worst value that could be moved/waived.
The bottom line is that Hartford is leverage. If all the speculation is accurate and Trouba is “playing dirty” though within his rights, playing dirty within the team’s rights and making a point/example for future players who don’t live up to their contract is a definite possibility. As much as you don’t BELIEVE it will happen, it’s is still a possibility.
And again, IF Drury was to assign Trouba to Hartford, it would not be for long, Trouba would almost certainly cooperate.
Hartford is not realistic nor leverage...The Rangers aren't wasting $7M on cap space to have Trouba ride the buses in the AHL.

Reactions: Barnaby

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Of course I know that, I'm addressing the contract and I'm not going to constantly 8aav and 6real money every time I post about trouba damn contract.

No one has named a single team that will rationally claim trouba off waivers at the full 8m hit, no team is desperate for his contract structure to reach the cap floor. Arizona was always viewed as that team, they aren't anymore.
Fair enough but your phrasing is what elicited my response. I’ll memory bank that for future reference though. All good.
You’re right, I can’t say who would claim him, but no one can be sure that a team would not. A team like Utah is not going to be a prime destination for good UFA’s that want a last shot at actually winning. When the dust settles… who knows.
Unlike a lot of people, I’m not making predictions here. I’m just saying what sort of OPTIONS the team has and what the POSSIBILITIES are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad