Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
please

If his last name wasn’t Tkachuk, people wouldn’t give two f***s about him. He’s not his brother, despite what you people want to believe
I don't care about his name. He's only 24, he's playing on a terrible team with 2nd rate line mates. Three consecutive 30 goal seasons. He's 6'4", heavy checker, occasional fighter, good skater. If you can't acknowledge him as good, you are living in a disillusioned world. If your point is "I don't think he's as good how everyone else is making him out to be" perhaps you can talk about those specific points. Or even reasons why he isn't as good as Matthew which is totally valid. Making blanket statements is lazy i.e. don't even bother wasting your time posting blanket statements especially when you try to speak on behalf of other people.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
We don't know the full story on what Cuylle is but that's what you can kind of expect from a rookie that is billed like he is.

Could he become a 2nd line type player? It's possible, but for now he is a cog in the machine. The issue became when the players surrounding him could not elevate and he is not ready to yet.

He's going to have competition for ice time moving forward though, which is a good thing. Let's see if he can add to himself and become a 20G 15A guy. Let's see if he can PK.

He is an important piece for the bottom of their lineup moving forward. Brings a physical game and is a strong skater. Underrated shot as well.

I'm not shitting on the kid, but those attributes you mention are great for a player that will benefit from a play driver.

I think a full year with Chytil and a better RW could get him to 15+ and 15+

Reactions: JimmyG89

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Trade Kreder? One of the few that does well in the playoffs. Rangers wouldn't be in the Panthers series if it wasn't for him. I'd trade Mika and take less just to get rid of his poor soft attitude that is fine with losing. His body language and complaining to the ref while the play is going on is telling.

But why nor get these types on the NHL roster now instead of waiting until the rookies make the team. It might be too late
I’m all in for trading Mika. How? He has a full NTC/NMC till 2229/30.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm not shitting on the kid, but those attributes you mention are great for a player that will benefit from a play driver.

I think a full year with Chytil and a better RW could get him to 15+ and 15+
I'm the same, said it during the playoffs that he was becoming a non-factor and it's not great for the run, but it just shows he's a 4th liner at the moment and there is nothing wrong with that.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
please

If his last name wasn’t Tkachuk, people wouldn’t give two f***s about him. He’s not his brother, despite what you people want to believe
He had like four fewer goals than our supposed franchise star winger, and he's 25. He will get better, especially if he's playing for the Rangers as opposed to that discombobulated Ottawa franchise.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
They didn't have room to play Wennberg on the 4th line because the fanbase, media, and coaching staff bought in to the narrative that Rempe had to play almost every game for "energy" and then took up a spot on the line.
Rempe was very impactful in the Capitals series. Scored a nice goal, took out TVR, made Oshie useless, and drove the Caps nuts. As the teams got more talented and bigger, he was less of a factor.

I’m not sure why anyone would worry about Igor walking. They will do exactly what they did with Hank, which is give him a massive deal. I can pretty much guarantee it

Means nothing. Plenty of guys take shifts at this level that they shouldn’t. His lack of skills and IQ was unmasked multiple times since he’s been brought up. Literally the only thing at an NHL level right now is his size.

He is a novelty right now. Saying he isn’t is being dishonest
I mean a Hockey Hall of Fame beat writer who worked for an NHL front office said the opposite, and as I just stated Rempe was very impactful in the Capitals series. Scored a nice goal, took out TVR, made Oshie useless, and drove the Caps nuts. As the teams got more talented and bigger, he was less of a factor.

We don't know the full story on what Cuylle is but that's what you can kind of expect from a rookie that is billed like he is.

Could he become a 2nd line type player? It's possible, but for now he is a cog in the machine. The issue became when the players surrounding him could not elevate and he is not ready to yet.

He's going to have competition for ice time moving forward though, which is a good thing. Let's see if he can add to himself and become a 20G 15A guy. Let's see if he can PK.

He is an important piece for the bottom of their lineup moving forward. Brings a physical game and is a strong skater. Underrated shot as well.
Cullye is part of this future shutdown matchup line that Larry talks about.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022

Cuylle is the type of middle 6 forward that cup cotending teams have. Hes gonna be a good one.

His D+4 blows kreiders out of the water. 2 similar players imo. Both big strong power forwards with great wrist shots. Difference is cuylle uses his weight and throws fists.

cuylle is good y'all wilin
This. Cuylle is a player teams would kill for as a 22 year old. I lump him in the untouchable category on this roster

Reactions: noncents

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What is the site that projects contracts for next year? I can’t recall it off hand.

Guys I’m intrigued by:

Matt Roy
Brenden Dillon
Nikita Zadorov
Oliver Kylington
OEL
Brady Skjei

Tyler Bertuzzi
Jonathan Marchessault
Alexander Barabanov
Teddy Blueger
Brendan Duhaime
David Perron

I’m also not particularly afraid of starting the year with Brodzinski as this teams 4c. He skates well and doesn’t shy away from physical contact and is pretty good on faceoffs.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Call up the music capital of the world and offer DJ Mika for ROR. Then see if you can use Kreider to get Tkachuk.
Mika has an NMC. They're going to have to work around in the next few years.

They need a young 3C who can take over for Mika in 2-3 years. Trochek will be in his position with Panarin and Laf. Chytil, who knows if he can play center anymore.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
AFP if pretty accurate on their contract projections. They have Max Domi at 2 X $3.575

If we decide to move kakko id be all over max. Type of attitude this team needs and has flexibility to play both wing and center which is big in case chytil goes down again he can slot into 3C. If chytil is healthy id have the lineup as follows

Kreider-mika-laff
Panarin-trocheck-domi
Cuylle-chytil-brodz/berard/othmann
Edstrom-goodrow-rempe

What is the site that projects contracts for next year? I can’t recall it off hand.

Guys I’m intrigued by:

Matt Roy
Brenden Dillon
Nikita Zadorov
Oliver Kylington
OEL
Brady Skjei

Tyler Bertuzzi
Jonathan Marchessault
Alexander Barabanov
Teddy Blueger
Brendan Duhaime
David Perron

I’m also not particularly afraid of starting the year with Brodzinski as this teams 4c. He skates well and doesn’t shy away from physical contact and is pretty good on faceoffs.
Agreed. Brodz is a legit nhl 4th liner. AFP

Reactions: NYR Viper

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It’s simple. The gap is big enough between this team and ones that can go the distance where closing that gap is not fully solvable in one summer with the contracts they have, so you have to look 2-3 years down the road. In 2 years, Kreider will be 35 and 1 year from UFA and possible retirement. He’s on a good contract and another team will pay through the nose for it. Also consider he’s likely to decline at this stage of his career. I like Kreider so this is coming from a place of appreciation for his value to a team.
I don't agree. Kreider is an important part of this team and just because they didn't get by Florida you don't make assumptions that they can't make changes and go farther next year. You keep your good players and leaders. The cup window is still open as long as Igor is prime Igor. They just need to make some changes and those changes don't include trading a 40 goal scorer. They included revamping the D, building bottom 6 depth, and finding a real 1RW.

Reactions: Michal

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

Guys I’m intrigued by:

Matt Roy
Brenden Dillon
Nikita Zadorov
Oliver Kylington
OEL
Brady Skjei

Tyler Bertuzzi
Jonathan Marchessault
Alexander Barabanov
Teddy Blueger
Brendan Duhaime
David Perron

A lot of those guys would cost money. They might be able to get Kylington on the cheap as he had a meh year.

He's not much of a Lindgren upgrade though.

AFP if pretty accurate on their contract projections. They have Max Domi at 2 X $3.575

If we decide to move kakko id be all over max. Type of attitude this team needs and has flexibility to play both wing and center which is big in case chytil goes down again he can slot into 3C. If chytil is healthy id have the lineup as follows

Kreider-mika-laff
Panarin-trocheck-domi
Edstrom-goodrow-rempe

Chatfield for 4 years/$3.6 per? That's a steal. If he hits the market you make him that offer and run.

Reactions: UnSandvich

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

Kreider-mika-laff
Panarin-trocheck-domi
Edstrom-goodrow-rempe

I see the logic in this. But I think the team is going to need another big time player in the top 6 that can handle the toughest, biggest opponents. Domi is fine, but he's adding another compliment. Maybe that's okay,. But i think we need bigger a-holes. I don't think we can do it with Mike, chytil and tro as our top 3 Cs. just too soft. Tro isn't soft but he's undersized and cannot get free. We need to make a bigger move -- probably a few. We may not have a willing trade partner or enough chips to make said trade. And i'm pretty sure your lineup is already acknowledging that exact difficulty, But we'll see. maybe there's some move up Drury's sleeve. Unhappy Tkachuk types don't grow on trees.

Reactions: Atax

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I see the logic in this. But I think the team is going to need another big time player in the top 6 that can handle the toughest, biggest opponents. Domi is fine, but he's adding another compliment. Maybe that's okay,. But i think we need bigger a-holes. I don't think we can do it with Mike, chytil and tro as our top 3 Cs. just too soft. Tro isn't soft but he's undersized and cannot get free. We need to make a bigger move -- probably a few. We may not have a willing trade partner or enough chips to make said trade. And i'm pretty sure your lineup is already acknowledging that exact difficulty, But we'll see. maybe there's some move up Drury's sleeve. Unhappy Tkachuk types don't grow on trees.
For the cap space we have, domi is about the best we can do to get what we’re lacking. He brings grit, skill, skating and flexibility to play both RW and Center which we need due to Chytil’s uncertainty.

Also what better way to tell the guys like mika youre done with the country club culture by making your one “big” signing this offseason a known shit stirrer in domi

Reactions: Atax

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I don't agree. Kreider is an important part of this team and just because they didn't get by Florida you don't make assumptions that they can't make changes and go farther next year. You keep your good players and leaders. The cup window is still open as long as Igor is prime Igor. They just need to make some changes and those changes don't include trading a 40 goal scorer. They included revamping the D, building bottom 6 depth, and finding a real 1RW.

Your take is fair. It’s not impossible. It’s too much of a stretch for me though.

Reactions: DanielBrassard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad