Proposal: Roster 2013/14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
i don't think he's going to get 9 mil per. i think around 7.25 mil per is more likely.

Bobbby Mac was talking about how he can easily see Perry getting upwards of 8 even 9 million on the open market. You have to believe we would probably be right there in the bidding too. We always are.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I think i'm the only guy in the world who doesn't really want Corey Perry. I mean, the guy is a helluva talent, and I do admit I've only seen a few Ducks games here and there the past couple years, and even though his season a little while ago was phenomenal...it's just... I don't know.

FlyingHigh28*

Streit is 35. He would be a decent signing if Timonen retires, but doesn't solve the real problem.

Everyone wants a young stud #1 defenseman here right now, but sometimes it doesn't work that way. There's no issue w/ signing a couple older first pairing guys for a few years while you develop your own #1 via the draft.

FlyingHigh28*

Bobbby Mac was talking about how he can easily see Perry getting upwards of 8 even 9 million on the open market. You have to believe we would probably be right there in the bidding too. We always are.

If Perry comes anywhere close to that, then all of the sudden even with his recent downturn in play, Ovechkin starts to look like a bargain again.

I don't see there being any way that Perry gets 8M or 9M per. I think 7.5 is a better estimate.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Perry comes anywhere close to that, then all of the sudden even with his recent downturn in play, Ovechkin starts to look like a bargain again.

I don't see there being any way that Perry gets 8M or 9M per. I think 7.5 is a better estimate.

Well what was the rumored offer the Flyers offered Parise? 110 million over 13 years. That's 8.4 million per year. I don't think it is crazy at all he gets that number, especially with the new CBA rules.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Well what was the rumored offer the Flyers offered Parise? 110 million over 13 years. That's 8.4 million per year. I don't think it is crazy at all he gets that number, especially with the new CBA rules.

If that's the case he won't be coming here. In fact he'll probably end up going to a team we would expect (kinda like the wild last year landing both prizes FA's).

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I fully support putting the screws to Phoenix with OEL in the same fashion as we did with Weber. Of course OEL is not Weber, but I think Phoenix's financial situation is actually more tenuous than Nashville's was.

Of course it is unlikely to work, but once again, it offers us the best potential for filling that spot without surrendering our best young talent.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If Clarkson makes it to UFA status I would expect the Flyers to try and sign him.

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012
Phoenix fans were saying it would cost us B. Schenn + Couturier. And everyone talks about Flyers fan over valuing Couturier.

It would definitely cost Couturier +.

But the Coyotes have reason to trade their best d-man who's still that young and only getting better unless their forced too. I don't think an offer sheet will work TBH. Situations like Weber don't come up as often as people seem to think.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Beginning to think that we aren't getting a #1 defenseman unless we get a #1 overall pick or become willing to trade Couturier.

OEL would be the prime target in that case I would assume.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Beginning to think that we aren't getting a #1 defenseman unless we get a #1 overall pick or become willing to trade Couturier.

You don't need the #1 overall pick to get a #1 defenseman. They can be had all over the draft or even as undrafted free agents (Boyle, Girardi, Giodano). Immediately speaking, you are right that you will not be getting one in free agency or without breaking the bank in a trade, i.e. Couturier +++. The Flyers will have to improve overall defensive depth instead of getting one great guy for the near future.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You don't need the #1 overall pick to get a #1 defenseman. They can be had all over the draft or even as undrafted free agents (Boyle, Girardi, Giodano). Immediately speaking, you are right that you will not be getting one in free agency or without breaking the bank in a trade, i.e. Couturier +++. The Flyers will have to improve overall defensive depth instead of getting one great guy for the near future.

Agreed. Stock the farm with above-average D prospects and provide the best environment for them to grow. I'm looking forward to seeing what Gustafsson can provide this season.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
If things fall apart this season, I wouldn't mind seth jones.

if we have the winning lotto numbers. I do think the focus of the next 2 drafts HAS to be D men and then WING mixed in.

Bryz is here to stay, we have C's up the ying yang that ALL other teams seem to want.

Good puck mover and a DFD and then a sniper.

Now how do we go about rigging the draft ;)

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
if we have the winning lotto numbers. I do think the focus of the next 2 drafts HAS to be D men and then WING mixed in.

Bryz is here to stay, we have C's up the ying yang that ALL other teams seem to want.

Good puck mover and a DFD and then a sniper.

Now how do we go about rigging the draft ;)

Luke Schenn I think is that DFD.

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012
I actually think they might do that this year, at least if the people who run the NHL are smart. The worst possible thing is for Seth Jones to end up in Canada or Columbus.

It would be a bad idea for Seth Jones to wind up in Toronto?

The draft isn't going to be rigged anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad