Proposal: Roster 2013/14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Yes Guys, i know this afternoon we start the new season. But i´am also thinking about the next seasons.

FORWARDS

Hartnell ($4.750m) - Giroux ($3.750m) - Briere ($6.500m)
Simmonds (3.975m) - Couturier ($1.375m) - Voracek ($3.000m)
Talbot ($1.750m) - Schenn ($3.110m) - Matt Read ($0.900m)
______________ - Laughton ($1.137m) - Rinaldo($0.544m)

_________________ - Coburn ($4.500m)
L. Schenn ($3.600m) - Grossman ($3.600m)
Meszaros ($4.000m) - _________________

Gervais (0.825m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $47,316,000; CAP PAYROLL: 64,300,000 ; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $16,984,000

So IF we buyout Bryz and Timonen will retire we have 16 million to spend for a new #1 GK and #1 Dman. The backup gk and the bottom dman can be had for league minimum.

In my book, these is a very good position!

But who should we take, and who is available?

The only ufa top tier gk is Backstrom, but he is too old imo
Two Gk will be RFA i´am interested in: Bernier and Rask. Maybe make an offer sheet to Rask if he played a good season with Boston? 4,5 for 5 or 6 years. Boston will have a hard time to go with this offer. The other option is to sign a buyout Bryz or Luongo for cheap 4.0 ?

The only other option i can think about is Braden Hotby oder Neuvirth. Both are RFA and one of them wouldn´t sign with the Caps. So maybe we can steal one...

Difficult question.

Let´s say we sign a solid #1 GK for 5.0

_________________ - Coburn ($4.500m)

Gervais (0.825m)

GOALTENDERS

#1 GK ($5.000m)

SALARY CAP: $52,316,000; CAP PAYROLL: 64,300,000 ; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $11,984,000

So we have 8.0 for our dman if we want.

UFA Dman aren´t interesting if we want a real #1.
RFA Dman i only see one dman: Ekman Larsen

I really doubt they don´t sign him before the offseason. But if he is avaiable we must go after him! Via trade or via offer sheet!!

Pay him 7.0 for 6 years. Don´t think the stars will match that.

Ekman Larsen ($7.000m) - Coburn ($4.500m)

Gervais (0.825m)

GOALTENDERS

#1 GK ($5.000m)

SALARY CAP: $59,316,000; CAP PAYROLL: 64,300,000 ; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $4,984,000

What do you think about this plans?

But if we don´t get Ekman Larsen i only see us making a trade for a #1 Dman. Than we will loose a huge amount of our young core....

But my first priority is to buy out Bryz... I don´t care how he plays this season. If we don´t buy out him, he will hit us in the next years with his cap hit for sure! Just a bad contract.....

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
Is Laughton's ELC seriously above league minimum? Why does Homer ALWAYS feel the need to do that? He wasn't a top 5 or even 10 pick... would he really not sign for a normal ELC?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Schenn's future looks to be at wing for us

Pretty much. The team seems dea set on this action, which isnt to bad when you have Giroux-Couturier-Laughton manning your top three lines.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
What do you mean UFA d-men aren't interesting if we want a #1? Edler doesn't interest you? Streit doesn't interest you?

Edler.
Streit.
Regehr.
Hainsey.
Whitney.

All of the above could be useful in Philadelphia. Some, of course, more than others, but all could be great additions.

The UFA crop this year excites me, particularly with this shortened season.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Edler is signed by Vancouver, he will not come to us.
Streit is an offensive weapon but not a real #1 dman
Regehr is a good 2nd defensive dman
Hainsey isn´t #1 material
Whitney also

I really like all of your choices. But no one of them are top 10 material in the league if you choose a real #1 player.

I can life with the idea of acquiring two good #2 dman.

Say Streit and Regehr.

Streit could play with Grossman
Coburn with Regehr
Than we must trade Mesz or can you imagine having L.Schenn and Meszaros building our 3rd pairing?

But why not ^^ If Streit and Regehr don´t cost the world we maybe can do it.

Streit 4.5 and Regehr 4.0 would be doable.... But signing one of them and thinking the defence is set would be a failure... in my book!

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Maybe make an offer sheet to Rask if he played a good season with Boston? 4,5 for 5 or 6years. Boston will have a hard time to go with this offer.

Thomas and Horton will be off the books for Boston so they can easily afford that.

Pay him 7.0 for 6 years. Don´t think the stars will match that.

Pretty sure OEL plays for Phoenix and I don't see them parting ways with him any time soon.

Also, one of the main priorities is to re-sign Giroux.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why did people think Edler would hit the market? Did people think that (unless you're Nashville), you don't let top-pairing defensemen hit the open market?

Better hope the Flyers start producing them within the system, because the league is trending to that being the only way you can get them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because he was asking for 6m while Gillis was offering 4.5m

And both came to their senses.

Plus, Gillis has been able to get people to leave money on the table to play/stay in Vancouver.

Bruins have made it clear that Rask is their guy moving forward. They will match anything. They'd have a good shot at Tim Thomas though.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
What do you mean UFA d-men aren't interesting if we want a #1? Edler doesn't interest you? Streit doesn't interest you?

Edler.
Streit.
Regehr.
Hainsey.
Whitney.

All of the above could be useful in Philadelphia. Some, of course, more than others, but all could be great additions.

The UFA crop this year excites me, particularly with this shortened season.

I would take a look at Ian White as well, looked good for Detroit last season. In no way is he a number #1, don't see any of the list above as one anyway, but he would be a decent guy to pair with Grossmann. He would add yet another right-handed shot to our blue-line, L.Schenn and Gervais are the only one's signed next season. Another guy to look at is Smid from Edmonton, but I prefer a more offensive minded defenseman, we're going to need one, especially if Kimmo retires or leaves for another team.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Why did people think Edler would hit the market? Did people think that (unless you're Nashville), you don't let top-pairing defensemen hit the open market?

Better hope the Flyers start producing them within the system, because the league is trending to that being the only way you can get them.

That's what it's looking like.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Flyers won't be getting any RFAs with an offer-sheet imo, in fact i doubt they even try. Only way the Flyers get an RFA is through a trade at which point we have no idea what the rest of the roster will look like/which holes will then need to be filled. When speculating on future rosters i think it's best to fill holes with UFAs.

also i don't see the Flyers getting a #1 goalie if they buy out bryz, at least not in the foreseeable future. the market is very thin and it seems some have forgot just how hard it is to acquire a quality #1 goalie. i also don't see them getting a bona fide #1 d-man for the same reason so some of those UFA d-men would be a good option as a stop gap until one becomes available or the Flyers draft one (just writing that made me laugh).

at this point i think the best we can hope for is for bryz to play well so he doesn't get bought out (at least not this upcoming off-season) and for the flyers to instead buyout Briere this off-season to get some cash for solidifying the back end with someone like Streit, a high quality forward (** cough ** perry ** cough **) and a cheap back-up. anything else could be filled from within, like Gus for the bottom pairing or wellwood, McGinn etc for the 12th and 13th forwards.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Flyers won't be getting any RFAs with an offer-sheet imo, in fact i doubt they even try. Only way the Flyers get an RFA is through a trade at which point we have no idea what the rest of the roster will look like/which holes will then need to be filled. When speculating on future rosters i think it's best to fill holes with UFAs.

also i don't see the Flyers getting a #1 goalie if they buy out bryz, at least not in the foreseeable future. the market is very thin and it seems some have forgot just how hard it is to acquire a quality #1 goalie. i also don't see them getting a bona fide #1 d-man for the same reason so some of those UFA d-men would be a good option as a stop gap until one becomes available or the Flyers draft one (just writing that made me laugh).

at this point i think the best we can hope for is for bryz to play well so he doesn't get bought out (at least not this upcoming off-season) and for the flyers to instead buyout Briere this off-season to get some cash for solidifying the back end with someone like Streit, a high quality forward (** cough ** perry ** cough **) and a cheap back-up. anything else could be filled from within, like Gus for the bottom pairing or wellwood, McGinn etc for the 12th and 13th forwards.

We could get Lundqvist if the Rangers are dumb enough to let him test free agency after the 2013-2014 season.:naughty:

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA

Rumors. :dunno:

Then you better hope Schenn becomes a monster.

I'm also curious as to whether or not Streit will want to stay in NY.

because thats what you have to do to potentially scare off the yotes.

Weber isnt worth 7.8 for 14 years either...

Weber is worth whatever anyone will pay the most for him.

I'm still in shock that Nashville matched a potentially franchise-destroying contract.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
And op, we will have money to spend, but no one to pay. This is the life under the new cba. I just hope we dont overpay mid level talent just to spend that cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad