GDT: Rookie Tournament- Habs vs Sens (Monday Sept 18 @ 1:30PM EST) youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Mesar nice saucer pass, but the sens goalie makes the save.

The 4 on 3 was ran horribly, but 4 on 3s aren't practiced a lot and given that this is just "random" players and 1 practice they didn't have time to practice that setup.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Florian Xhekaj is funny, he looks like Arber, he has got some attitude like Arber, mixes it up after every whistle like Arber, but I'm always thrown off by how skinny he is. Imagine he goes on the same growth curve as Arber and ends up +220 lbs and 6'4? Thats awesome size for a guy who, if he makes it, is mostly likely to contribute in a physical/grinding bottom six role.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
You'll see when he's not playing with a bunch of kids
Hope he gets a real pre-season game or 2

Yes, he's not scoring a hat trick.. we obviously did not draft him for that
I'm happy for Columbus getting fantilli and beyond livid Chicago was gifted Bedard for some absurd reason
But these 2 kids are not bringing cups to their teams anytime soon until THEY draft some top flight defensemen of their own.
Where are McDavid and Matthews rings?

i hope so because I'm noticing Mailouxxxx a lot, he's making nice passes and generating a lot of good things, cycles etc.

he's the best dman in the 1st period

Are you even watching ?

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
David looks soooo much slower than the clips of his full game from last year.

Not sure if it's the added weigh but it's almost bad. He that it was Kloten that asked him to add that weight. It looks like an advice from the 90s

Mudz

Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Florian Xhekaj is funny, he looks like Arber, he has got some attitude like Arber, mixes it up after every whistle like Arber, but I'm always thrown off by how skinny he is. Imagine he goes on the same growth curve as Arber and ends up +220 lbs and 6'4? Thats awesome size for a guy who, if he makes it, is mostly likely to contribute in a physical/grinding bottom six role.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Another chance by Mailloux lol, he had like 4 and 2 posts
Mailloux has been a cut above the other players so far both offensively and defensively. The Ottawa prospects, however, have been particularly weak. But this game gives you an excellent glimpse of Mailloux’s potential. Its what I saw last season on a regular basis and so reported.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
bash brothers back-to-back pose on the cover of The Hockey News, I can see it now :nod:

Reactions: badfish

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's been an offensive black hole so far. I don't think he should be on the PP at this point. I wonder how many shots we'd have if we didn't have so many breakdowns.
His problem right now is we're trying to play him 1C
And he's trying to play like a 1C
But it's just circumstantial right now
He's going to be a 3C for us and a damn good one at that
Once he starts playing like a 3C again through circumstance he will look amazing again lol

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
i hope so because I'm noticing Mailouxxxx a lot, he's making nice passes and generating a lot of good things, cycles etc.

Are you even watching ?
I am, and i agree with him

Mailloux skates with the puck more but doesn’t know what to do once in the offensive zone.

Mudz

Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
That's because the Habs are succeeding in avoiding to play for too long in their own zone while he's on the ice.

It's because he was paired with Ortiz versus the strongest team and Struble against two weaker team.

But Ortiz looked bad yesterday too. It was mainly from playing with Ortiz on game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad