GDT: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - 8 PM on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Following the same script as Woodcroft, looking like a genius the first season with a team that was one of the best in the league after a slow start then drops the ball in preseason with his player deployments so team isn't ready to start the season then starts making odd panicked moves early in season to try to right the ship while, as usual, resorting to McDrai to save the day.

It's either this, or, there's a problem with the core players AGAIN forcing the coaches to make odd decisions.

I think I take Door #2 since this seems to be the pattern with every coach since this core has been put together.
I'm not sure these are panicked moves, putting McDavid and Draisaitl makes sense to me at least (both of your best players are struggling, makes sense to put them in a position to succeed and find some mojo), and you have two new veteran players trying to find chemistry with guys. I'm optimistic about this lineup.

Reactions: Letsdothis

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The team had Kane last year and playoffs. Thats a major alpha blow not having that. This being an individual that can kick the snot out of anybody or run them through the boards. Contending teams need at least one guy like this. No way the Canadiens yrs ago beat the Flyers without a Larry Robinson. If you got one guy that can go to the opponent bench and say "who wants me" and nobody does thats a victory of sorts before puck is even dropped.

Who hasn't played a team that has a tough guy that can make you life miserable for the night if they even feel like it. Detente matters in hockey. Kane just being in the lineup makes it easier for everybody else. Some teams have multiple of these sorts of players. We have none.

lol by the way at Michaels saying "theres Darnell Nurse mixing it up just as expected" crap, Nurse is the king of ineffective face washing since the big contract.

Without Kane in the lineup none of our opponents are "finding out".

I absolutely hate that this is a legitimate issue, but every single time we've lost that rah rah heart and soul type from the room the team has gone limp. Hendricks in 2017, Gagner to start 22/23, Kane and Gagner this year. Nurse should be that guy in theory, but he's a liability and has lost any and all bite he had at one point.

It's a massive indictment on the leadership group that they effectively need a mascot (caveat that Kane much more impactful on ice than the other two) in order for the team to achieve the bare minimum of appearing to have a sign of life.

Although Perry was the whipping boy the whole off season, he appears to be the only one playing with a pulse in this sense so far. He has two goals (yes - I'm counting the one he got against the Flames), has created other chances, and appears to be trying to get inside the margins of the game. Sadly, he is completely on an island in this respect on the team.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Knob is using the lazy "load up line 1" strategy

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

Jeff Skinner has looked good and shoots a ton and he gets demoted

Can't drive a line to save his life, RNH, now 2nd line C
Why is Dermott still a thing?

Avs are win less and it's...

The GM has to go
Fire the coach
We need a goalie
The dman must be hurt
Everyone's lazy

How dare they steal our excuses. Isn't there some sort of trademark infringement on these?
Hey those were our excuses last year! We’re just reusing them, they’re outright stealing them!

Reactions: bobbythebrain

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
To be fair, he's getting put on that line because he was good. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'm guessing that Henrique was a better offensive centre at even strength last season. That's probably a better line than Pod Nuge Arvidsson.
Yeah I would argue that is the second line the Nuge line is the 3rd line

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Stecher should help Nurse because he can actually make a breakout pass. Only problem is he'll need to get the puck to be able to do that, and Nurse is struggling with converting basic D to D passes at this point.

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017
It’s my birthday and I’m going out to watch it sadly. Hopefully the BS ends tonight.
Happy birthday. I hope you have better luck than me. My birthday was the 13th so we got hotels and front row corner seats for the first 4 games of the season. Hasn't been a great birthday trip so far. I'm hoping for lots of goals tonight

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

What the hell did stetcher do to knoblauch. What in the ever loving shit was the point of grabbing him last year it's like management doesn't communicate at all with the coach.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
I don't like McDavid and Draisaitl together 5v5. They both refuse to play defense when paired together. We saw it already in the Chicago game and last year in the playoffs.
But they also tend to generate a lot of offense together. So curious to see it tonight.

I would have rocked:
Henrique-McDavid-Brown: Henrique has puck poise and smarts, would get the puck to McDavid. Brown is great at puck retrieval/forecheck to dig the puck up. Idea here is get the puck to McDavid as much as possible.
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson: gaining chemistry, some positive signs.
Janmark-Hopkins-Hyman: get NugentHopkins and Hyman going again. This line can match up against the opponents top line. Hyman likes to carry the puck himself and Nuge likes to distribute it to him.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Why is Dermott still a thing?

He’s out tonight. Stetcher w Nurse Kulak and Emberson are in.

What the hell did stetcher do to knoblauch. What in the ever loving shit was the point of grabbing him last year it's like management doesn't communicate at all with the coach.

These lines are wrong. See the OP of the GDT for the correct lines

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

If that jump starts the team’s slow start so be it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The 'top ' line is our worst. Hopefully they get easy offensive zone only minutes with PP time.
Line 2 and 3 should get top ES minutes

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Show him how you can do the splits
He seemed pretty mean 😔 not even sure my sex appeal would win him over to be honest!

I know it’s crazy to think I can’t charm my way into a situation, but he is one tough cracker

If he was a woman. No problem. They see a pic of my splits and I fight to keep them off

Such as life.

Signed,

A complete bullshitter

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad