GDT: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - 8 PM on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
When McDavid and Drai aren’t playing well they have a tendency to make things more difficult on themselves rather than simplify.

It will likely take some random luck that gets them on the board to shake them out of this at this point. On their own volition they are doing nothing whatsoever that will result in goals.
Good point

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Agreed, Leon should be sat for that selfish, boneheaded play, but they won’t do it. Knob has zero control of this team.

I can't believe we're saying this shit again.

We've had 5 different coaches in the McDrai era and all of them have behaved more or less the same to them. At some point we gotta put the spotlight on the magic twins.

I thought it was dumb to fire Woodcroft when we did. I would think that firing Knob is unspeakably stupid.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don't like that McDavid didn't immediately challenge that 1 on 1 there. In years previously he would have turned on afterburners and gone for it. WTF has happened to his defining 5th gear? Where's the confidence?

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I don't like that McDavid didn't immediately challenge that 1 on 1 there. In years previously he would have turned on afterburners and gone for it. WTF has happened to his defining 5th gear? Where's the confidence?
He's tired from the long run, still getting his legs back, likely still banged up to a degree, and he's been losing his top end speed year after year. He'll never be as fast as he was a few years back.

He's been slowly declining since kneeordano, but he's still elite. But you can notice a small fraction of his speed decline every year since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad