Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2024 Season Thread.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Bought the AHL package this year and have watched all the games but one. Figured I'd share some thoughts on what I've seen so far:

• Overall, the team is playing pretty well for being so young, new coach, so early in the season, etc. Still lots of room for growth though. If they continue to get serviceable goaltending, could see them being really tough to beat later in the season.
  • Ostlund, Helenius, and Wahlberg are playing much better than their production would imply. All the three have the look of important pieces for the Sabres' future
  • Murray and Clague both look like they've realized NHL is never going to happen and have taken the foot off the pedal.
  • They're still going to get physically dominated by bigger teams. Cleveland went after Hele and Ostlund pretty hard. Good news is neither look particularly bothered by it.
  • Hes playing well, but I'd love to see Rosen take his game to another level this year. Seems doable if he can buckle down on his chances and get hot.
  • Johnson not playing quite at his level from the beginning of last year. Have to wonder if he's not really seeing a path for himself. Would not be surprised to see him traded and become a good top 6D for another team. Would also not be surprised if they see him as Henri's long term replacement. Needs to find consistency for that to happen. Still like the player.
  • Kozak putting up points this year is kind of a big deal. Would be nice to have a free 4th liner who plays hard, kills penalties, blocks shots, and can chip in with points to plug in at some point. You need that when you're up against the cap, which we will be before too long.
Anybody know where to get TOI stats for AHL players?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bought the AHL package this year and have watched all the games but one. Figured I'd share some thoughts on what I've seen so far:

• Overall, the team is playing pretty well for being so young, new coach, so early in the season, etc. Still lots of room for growth though. If they continue to get serviceable goaltending, could see them being really tough to beat later in the season.
  • Ostlund, Helenius, and Wahlberg are playing much better than their production would imply. All the three have the look of important pieces for the Sabres' future
  • Murray and Clague both look like they've realized NHL is never going to happen and have taken the foot off the pedal.
  • They're still going to get physically dominated by bigger teams. Cleveland went after Hele and Ostlund pretty hard. Good news is neither look particularly bothered by it.
  • Hes playing well, but I'd love to see Rosen take his game to another level this year. Seems doable if he can buckle down on his chances and get hot.
  • Johnson not playing quite at his level from the beginning of last year. Have to wonder if he's not really seeing a path for himself. Would not be surprised to see him traded and become a good top 6D for another team. Would also not be surprised if they see him as Henri's long term replacement. Needs to find consistency for that to happen. Still like the player.
  • Kozak putting up points this year is kind of a big deal. Would be nice to have a free 4th liner who plays hard, kills penalties, blocks shots, and can chip in with points to plug in at some point. You need that when you're up against the cap, which we will be before too long.
Anybody know where to get TOI stats for AHL players?

Sadly, I've never found that, even with places like AHL Tracker.

I've been more impressed with Murray than Clague. Clague looks like Clague and I just don't get the team's interest in him as the 8/9. Rathbone does everything Clague does, but faster and smarter IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad