Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Look at the impact Hutson is having, look at what Michkov is doing for Philly on their PP.. Demidov is the best drafted prospect not in the NHL, he would immediately be in our top 6 and would be finding a way to at least produce on the powerplay.

There’s a legitimate possibility he steps in next year and is immediately our best player, at least offensive production only.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don’t see a centre there. Let him thrive on the wing like a Kucherov/Kaprizov type. He doesn’t need to be thinking of defensive assignments and faceoffs. I just want pure offence.
To be fair he looked good the times he played there and unlike Michkov, Demidov actually comes back to support his D. Habs scouting staff seemed to also see the possibility from the draft video.

If him being at center gives us two good lines and optimizes Dach at RW, i'm all for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
It's pretty rare/tough for a rookie to come into the NHL and be a PPG player for a whole season.
I think he’ll be started immediately in the Top-6. MSL probably as deference to vets will start him on the second line and the second PP. If he starts producing, the pressure to move him up will be crushing. MSL won’t be able to play games.

He’ll be the engine driving the team already next season.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think he’ll be started immediately in the Top-6. MSL probably as deference to vets will start him on the second line and the second PP. If he starts producing, the pressure to move him up will be crushing. MSL won’t be able to play games.

He’ll be the engine driving the team already next season.
Yeah he'll start in the top-6 and if he isn't on PP1 to start he'll likely get there quite quickly. But he'll need to go PPG if not higher to be our best offensive weapon, and that's a tall order for any rookie. Bedard couldn't do it, P. Kane couldn't do it, Kaprizov, Kucherov, and Panarin couldn't do it.

Don't get me wrong I fully expect him to be very good, and 70+ points wouldn't even be surprising but rookies need time to figure out what works and what doesn't at the NHL, he'll need to adjust to the NHL pace, physicality and rink size and that doesn't just happen overnight, it might very well take 2-3 years in the NHL before his potential is realized.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Yeah he'll start in the top-6 and if he isn't on PP1 to start he'll likely get there quite quickly. But he'll need to go PPG if not higher to be our best offensive weapon, and that's a tall order for any rookie. Bedard couldn't do it, P. Kane couldn't do it, Kaprizov, Kucherov, and Panarin couldn't do it.

Don't get me wrong I fully expect him to be very good, and 70+ points wouldn't even be surprising but rookies need time to figure out what works and what doesn't at the NHL, he'll need to adjust to the NHL pace, physicality and rink size and that doesn't just happen overnight, it might very well take 2-3 years in the NHL before his potential is realized.
Ring size is no problem, a few KHL rinks are NHL size , like SKA is one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad