Robin Lehner

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I wouldn't be shocked if Robin Lehner was our no.1 by the end of this season. We'd get a nice return for Andy, and Lehner looks like he's going to be a star.

SensfaninToronto*

who becomes our backup then, -im pretty sure Auld is FA:sarcasm:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
There's always a serviceable backup available for really cheap in UFA or deadline.

Lehner will be the next superstar. However, he still has some tendencies to let in bad goals so I'd still want Anderson here until at the very least the deadline to push him and let him truly earn it.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm always a little bit hesitant of that one average season he had in the A.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
There's always a serviceable backup available for really cheap in UFA or deadline.

Lehner will be the next superstar. However, he still has some tendencies to let in bad goals so I'd still want Anderson here until at the very least the deadline to push him and let him truly earn it.

And, Anderson doesn't let in bad goals? Every second game he lets in bad goals.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
I think he should get the start against the coyotes too be honest.

I have to agree. Still don't think he's truely ready to carry the load for an entire season, but Andy's been **** other than our first game. I say give the bulk of the starts to Lehner until he's off his game or Anderson gives them a reason to start playing him consistently again.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I have to agree. Still don't think he's truely ready to carry the load for an entire season, but Andy's been **** other than our first game. I say give the bulk of the starts to Lehner until he's off his game or Anderson gives them a reason to start playing him consistently again.

That would amount to anointing Lehner as the #1. It's too early for that, regardless of Lehner's superior play to this point.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Agreed. Maclean should use the hot goalie and right now, lehner is hot. Yes, we lost both games, but we could have ended up way worse if it wasn't for lehner. He kept it a one goal game against a very hot sharks team and he played great in the ducks game too.

Milan the God*

Lehner is scary good. Factor in age and potential and he very well could be the next big thing goaltending-wise in the NHL.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That would amount to anointing Lehner as the #1. It's too early for that, regardless of Lehner's superior play to this point.

I think he is ready to be a number one. For some reason, i feel like he is more confident in himself then anderson is. I feel like he is much calmer in net then anderson is at certain times. I don't know why i have that feeling, but i just do. He kept us in the sharks game and if it wasn't for the team ******** the bed in the ducks game, it would have been another close game thanks to lehner.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
the thing that worries me about trading andy is that Lehner MIGHTt lose his "Compete" he will get that safe sense and he might get to comfortable

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
the thing that worries me about trading andy is that Lehner MIGHTt lose his "Compete" he will get that safe sense and he might get to comfortable

There is no need to trade anderson unless you want to get back some assets. Just make anderson the backup and lehner the starter.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
I love Lehner and am glad he plays for our club..., but wasn't Andy the 'next' Team USA starting goaltender everyone was drooling over after his season debut against the sabres? We still have some good years left with Andy in nets. Memories are very short.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
And, Anderson doesn't let in bad goals? Every second game he lets in bad goals.

You don't get it.

Lehner's potential is so much higher than Anderson. Just cause Anderson does it doesn't mean Lehner should.

Heck, if Anderson didn't let in bad goals he would be top 5 goalie in league. I'm saying we should still continue to develop Lehner as backup and continue to fix his game by being pushed with Anderson in his way.

He is much more poised, fixed his rebound control and is not flopping as much as he used to last year. Even the bad goals haven't happened yet on 97 shots.

I just want Lehner to be the best he can be because then it could be mental difference of 1 cup vs couple/multiple cups.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I think he is ready to be a number one. For some reason, i feel like he is more confident in himself then anderson is. I feel like he is much calmer in net then anderson is at certain times. I don't know why i have that feeling, but i just do. He kept us in the sharks game and if it wasn't for the team ******** the bed in the ducks game, it would have been another close game thanks to lehner.

He'll have to keep up that confidence to earn the job.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You don't get it.

Lehner's potential is so much higher than Anderson. Just cause Anderson does it doesn't mean Lehner should.

Heck, if Anderson didn't let in bad goals he would be top 5 goalie in league. I'm saying we should still continue to develop Lehner as backup and continue to fix his game by being pushed with Anderson in his way.

He is much more poised, fixed his rebound control and is not flopping as much as he used to last year. Even the bad goals haven't happened yet on 97 shots.

I just want Lehner to be the best he can be because then it could be mental difference of 1 cup vs couple/multiple cups.

Yup and this is why trading Andy probably hasn't even crossed Bmurr's mind.

SensfaninToronto*

What could we get back for Andy honestly, i hear edm is interested

maurthur turris yakapov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad