Confirmed with Link: Rights to Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th rd selection

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If true it will be another agent who sees big dollar signs by the MLSE, especially after we threw a bone away to get the rights to negotiate exclusively.

I can't imagine Leafs not having spoke to their agent. I presume Brad has some relationship with the agent which he trusts he can work through.
They never talked ...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Was hoping for 4m per. But 5 isn’t the end of the world. The term is irrelevant for me. He’ll retire eventually and the cap hit will vanish.

Reactions: Lilou

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
$5M with term is a scary deal for a 34 year old D with alot of tough miles on him.

Haven't liked our off-season so far outside of the Domi re-sign.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Ok thx

Didn’t realize the deadline rule. What was all the fuss about Hyman and Edmonton a couple of years ago?
Oilers wanted an 8th year, and for that to happen the contract needed to be signed before July 1 while Hyman was still a Leaf. Dubas said no to whatever draft pick the Oilers were offering to trade.
When is Tanev signing?
Apparently soon.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I bet the durzi deal changed everyone’s salary expectations. $5m Aav is too much for him, it better be a 1-2 yr deal.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If its 5... that's a lot. Happy to have Tanev but holy moly... 4 max I figured.

There has to be some trades coming. It just doesn't work otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00