Confirmed with Link: Rights to Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th rd selection

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Short term contract offer at most please. Leafs will overpay as they are desperate for dmen. He's old at 34 and banged up missing about 20-25 games every year.

But something like 2 yrs @ $4M/yr max is worth an offer.
I know that's how a lot of his career was, but Tanev hasn't missed 25 games in the last three years combined.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
6x4….would he get 24 on the open market?
That sounds kinda rich I think.
Do 6x4 with the money front loaded - then he goes to Robidas island years 5 & 6.

Basically a 4x4 for cap purposes but we use our financial resources to sweeten the pot.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Actually insane how the mainboard thread about this just got straight up locked
So many unhinged folks over there incapable of having a rational discussion, and multiple trolls whose entire existence on this website is to obsess over everything Toronto does out of spite. I almost never venture outside of this board anymore, it's just not worth it.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Um you do realize Tanev is like miles better then Myers right?
Yeah, I’m sure that’s accepted, but the reported 6x4 is 267% of that total.
Seems a bit much. If the term is meant to bring the AAV down, I don’t see 6x4 doing that.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Seems a bit much. If the term is meant to bring the AAV down, I don’t see 6x4 doing that.
how about we wait until we know what the numbers actually turn out to be before bitching about said numbers.............

Reactions: rojac, SiZ and bax

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Do 6x4 with the money front loaded - then he goes to Robidas island years 5 & 6.

Basically a 4x4 for cap purposes but we use our financial resources to sweeten the pot.
Right, either LTIR or retire.
I wonder how you do it so he gets the 3-4 year total over those six years.

how about we wait until we know what the numbers actually turn out to be before bitching about said numbers.............
Are you done yet?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Yep, should have acquired Tanev during his prime injury years !!!

Surely those injury concerns will now suddenly disappear as the player begins closing in on middle age.

Good lord some of these posts are exhausting...if you wouldn't have wanted Tanev on your team during the playoffs this season, you weren't paying attention.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
You also do realize that even at 34-35 years old he is still one of the best defenseman in the league right? And pretty much every single team wanted him... Even at $4M for Tanev is cheap.

Dude has undervalued himself for his whole career, he should of been making $7M-$8M for the past decade instead of $4M-$5M. In what world does Rielly etc. get $7.5M+ but Tanev get's $4M-$5M.... that's crazy.

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
1. No one’s bitching. I said the reported term aav doesn’t make sense.
2. I have no use for your childish internet bravado.
Good luck to you and your ellipses.
and Domi was signing for 6mil, keep drinking the Kool Ade my friend.........

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Dude has undervalued himself for his whole career, he should of been making $7M-$8M for the past decade instead of $4M-$5M. In what world does Rielly etc. get $7.5M+ but Tanev get's $4M-$5M.... that's crazy.
Yup, I get what he brings, how desirable he is on the market.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Actually insane how the mainboard thread about this just got straight up locked
It was instantly a giant troll fest. So many people on the main boards obsess over us and can't stop talking about the Leafs then cry about all the attention the team gets. It's insane. Crazy to me that the Tanev thread had more posts in it than the Sergachev one within like 30 minutes, and the Sergachev trade was much more significant.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So we gonna sign this guy or did we give up assets for nothing?
1719787910771.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MilkofthePoppy

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
So we gonna sign this guy or did we give up assets for nothing?
Not gonna lie it would be par for the course for this franchise if they can't lock up Tanev and then Tre gets left with nothing holding his dick in his hand after proclaiming we 'had a lot of work to do' this summer.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad