Speculation: *Rifai vs. Liljegren. Rifai Clears. Liljegren healthy scratch.

With the winds of change blowing through the Scotiabank Arena, who will be their 6th D?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
They’re not writing him off, but his injury history is concerning. At some point, you’re deemed too injury prone and not trustworthy in that regard.

Liljegren is just one perfect examples of a player that has the tools but hasn’t put it together. To me, he needs to up the pace and urgency in his game. He won’t be a physical defenseman. Buy the opposition target him as a weak link in the chain in the playoffs. Anticipate faster, get to pucks faster, use your skating to get pucks out more. He can do all those things. The puck needs to be moving the other way before the forecheckers start laying the body on him.

List his tools for me.
The rest of your post , u are literally echoing what Berube said, this is not your read on the game because the bolded part shows u can not judge Liljegren accurately.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
He needs to be fluid with his passing and movements and defense because of his lack of size.

He's not. He needs to be a high IQ player, he's not.

I've really wanted him to work out. Injury luck went shite a couple of times he looked like a 2-3D.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lil was going to arbitration and his numbers supported that money, anyone saying we over paid him is, well….

Just trade him, someone will see value. Sucker.

I would have kept Sandin over Lil, at least he’s outstanding in some areas of the game.
Sandin has limited upside if any left. His skating especially first 3 strides are terrible. Its real sluggish, this impacts short area battles and evading pressure. He gets swarmed because of his skating. Sandin has hockey sense, its better than Reilly's but his skating impairs how he can use his hockey sense. Secondly, Sandin will never be able to withstand playoff forecheckers with that size, it would be real easy to wear him out, injure him or make him avoid forecheckers at all costs, make him a real liability overall, especially down low. Liljegren has to go, he has no hockey sense at all, he is outsmarted constantly.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Sandin has limited upside if any left. His skating especially first 3 strides are terrible. Its real sluggish, this impacts short area battles and evading pressure. He gets swarmed because of his skating. Sandin has hockey sense, its better than Reilly's but his skating impairs how he can use his hockey sense. Secondly, Sandin will never be able to withstand playoff forecheckers with that size, it would be real easy to wear him out, injure him or make him avoid forecheckers at all costs, make him a real liability overall, especially down low. Liljegren has to go, he has no hockey sense at all, he is outsmarted constantly.
I said I liked Sandin more.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
List his tools for me.
The rest of your post , u are literally echoing what Berube said, this is not your read on the game because the bolded part shows u can not judge Liljegren accurately.
I'm pretty sure I am reading him just fine, but I won't claim to be a pro. Just a fan that has watched A LOT of hockey, but I could certainly be wrong. If you don't think he has any tools, then perhaps it is you that cannot assess player performance and talent.

Reactions: Doc300c

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad