Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Greig and Rielly should drop the gloves. Then it'll be over.

If Rielly wants this, it'll happen. Greig dropped 'em with Dach and he's way bigger than Rielly.

Greig should give Rielly a nice two hander from behind. Rielly will probably be upset but then Greig can point out how poetic it is and I think Rielly would probably chuckle and get a kick out of that.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Dach is not a star player.

I hope Greig keeps doing exactly what he's doing. Even if he takes a 2 minute minor against a soft player like Dach so be it. He'll draw more penalties than he takes anyway.

The shitbirds like Jackass are going to shit no matter what. It's what they do. Did Angus Crookshank do anything to deserve getting attacked in that rookie tournament?
Dach isn't a star player, but his team views him as a core piece, their meat heads will retaliate if something happens to him, especially when one of their big acquisitions in the offseason got hurt in a freak knee on knee a few days earlier. If Greig does what he's doing, with zero self awareness (which thankfully he's showing a lot of self-awareness), our stars are going to be get targeted more frequently.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think the game happens fast and all players, young or not, need to be ready.

Late hits are part of the speed of the game, sometimes it is obvious but sometimes it is just how it goes.

There is zero time to be thinking of hitting this person or that, etc...not sure what game you have bee watching all these years.
I don't disagree with that, but players have to show some awareness, especially in situations like this: the Habs, an already injury-plagued team, recently lost a big acquisition and now have to worry about another core piece getting hurt.

I agree the game happens fast, and crap will happen. I don't think Greig intended on getting Dach late, and am happy he answered the bell just how other players do when they unintentionally 'get' another guy.

Reactions: OD99

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
If players who are physical and not afraid to dish out hits, like Greig, give out late hits on other teams' young stars (like Dach), other teams meatheads are more likely to go after our stars.

There is a small percentage of players that are predatory and will go after our stars regardless, but that doesn't mean we still want any of our guys giving out late hits or any more reason to give the borderline meatheads a reason to start targeting Stu or Sanderson, or even Greig himself.
You are making a good case for the deterrent value of good fighters. Although players like Greig dont seem deterred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad