Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Stu is at his most productive with Amadio then great. Doubt it though.

Stützle is the 1C on this team and I am not sure I want to see Amadio getting top line minutes. He will also PK. PK & Top line 5v5 minutes is likely too much Amadio.

Maybe Crooks-Ostapchuk-Gregor? If Ostapchuk transitions well that line could be useful.
It's about getting wins not most points. Tkachuk Pinto Batherson is a very big heavy line for matchup purposes. Getting Stutzle out against the other teams bottom pair and bottom 6 would be easier this way.

They will all have the same shift length. At the end of a period they can load up a line. I don't see Amadio being a big PK guy on this team.

Crookshank on a 4th checking line doesn't seem like a very good fit to me. He is small and isn't overly physical and I remember Troy Mann saying he wasn't strong positional. I think he is a top 9 or bust type guy.

Really don't like Norris at center over Greig. Greig sees the ice better, hangs onto pucks more. He's also more physical from a matchup standpoint. Not as good a shooter.

Anyways we will see what works, ya never know until they try it out. I did really like Tkachuk and Pinto together last year though. Lefty Righty type situation similar speed and play style.

Last edited:
Reactions: scout20

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens have a lot more flexibility in the top 9... including flexibility at C. It should bode well for them.

I really like Greig . He is a winner. He is mature beyond his years and is already a good 200 foot player. He's just getting his feet wet and we should see another step in his game this year. I personally thought he was great at C before Norris came back and they made that switch. I still think Greig out played him at that position and complimented his line much better with his smarts and his tenacity. He gets under the skin of his opponents and is willing to battle for every inch. The shit eating grin is perfect. I still laugh every time I think of the slapper into the empty net.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I like Greig with Perron. Greig is one of the smartest players on this team and I think his style would suit Perron. I like Amadio with them though.

Norris - Stu - Giroux - gives Norris two playmakers to cater to his strengths and get back on track.

Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson - Great on the cycle and lets Pinto be the defensive conscience for two guys who tend to need that.

Perron - Greig - Amadio - Great two way line with grit.

Gregor - Ostapchuk - Jenik - fairly speedy, gritty and responsible 4th line. Hopefully improves with experience.

MacEwen

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I just have a feeling amadio will play well with Stutzle. High iq guys seem to play well with him. He has skill and decent feet.

Amadio Stutzle Giroux would be the other scoring line.

4th line

Gregor-Ostapchuk/Cousins- Macewen
Amadio seems like a guy you can play anywhere so I wouldn't be too surprised to see him higher than expected to allow us to spread things out

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Ostapchuk has Mark Stone lite vibes to me....that can throw 'em if he has to. Will take him a couple more seasons. Bert talks about long development curves for some players. I think he is one. Him and Ridley will be way different players in a couple years. Ridley next year, Zac the next. Almost perfect timing if it shakes out right.

Reactions: scout20 and bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ostapchuk has Mark Stone lite vibes to me....that can throw 'em if he has to. Will take him a couple more seasons. Bert talks about long development curves for some players. I think he is one. Him and Ridley will be way different players in a couple years. Ridley next year, Zac the next. Almost perfect timing if it shakes out right.
I don't really see Stone in him, but I am really high on him. I think he's got the potential to be a 6'4 Pageau

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't really see Stone in him, but I am really high on him. I think he's got the potential to be a 6'4 Pageau
A 6'4 Pageau is a superstar haha. I hope so, I agree I don't see Mark Stones skill but I do see a high iq two way player. I think he's kinda like fisher but not as high an offensive ceiling.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A 6'4 Pageau is a superstar haha. I hope so, I agree I don't see Mark Stones skill but I do see a high iq two way player. I think he's kinda like fisher but not as high an offensive ceiling.
I'm thinking Pageau in terms of offensive and defensive impact, and I'm not taking that one year where he was pacing around 60 pts, more like a 35-45 pts shutdown center, but ya, a slightly bigger Fisher is probably a better comparison, but with a touch less offense.

Reactions: bert

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
No...not at all. I mean they are both NHL player. They both play forward...and are men. That's about it.
What? Just Shhhh. Silky...more like Captain What? Stone and Pageau are from the same factory except Pageau is smaller. They both took a bit of time to get to the big club, when they got to the NHL, both where key players. If Pageau was bigger, his impact would have lasted longer. Ostapchuck is from the same factory. He will be a key player for us going forward. No doubt about it.

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
What? Just Shhhh. Silky...more like Captain What? Stone and Pageau are from the same factory except Pageau is smaller. They both took a bit of time to get to the big club, when they got to the NHL, both where key players. If Pageau was bigger, his impact would have lasted longer. Ostapchuck is from the same factory. He will be a key player for us going forward. No doubt about it.

I mean if you are talking about path to NHL and having impact, then sure a bigger Pageau would be similar to Stone, I guess?

In terms of play style, not really at all. Pageau is a centre with great skating, faceoffs and defensive intensity. He is an aggressive PK'er. Decent passer and puck handler/distributer but not much of a NHL shot.

Stone is has amazing hands and vision and has overcome not great skating because of it. He is a winger who processes the game at an elite level. Plays in tough areas and has a good shot.

They are nothing alike and I don't see size changing that.

Reactions: Loach

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
That's what I did. Then you could switch Ammo and Perron depending if it was a pk or pp heavy game. Let's lock this in.

Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Amadio - Stutzle - Giroux
Perron - Grieg - Norris
Gregor - Ostapchuk - Macewen

Looks balanced with the ability to switch lines up on the fly by moving a couple guys without throwing everything in a blender.

I’m really liking the idea of that third line .

Personally I’d rather see Ostapchuk and Amadio switched. I’m really curious to see what Ostapchuk could do with Stutzle.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Mark Stone is an elite playmaker and scorer. I don't see that in Ostapchuk at all.

Ostapchuk has some Mike Fisher in him. He's a good skater, big and physical but I doubt he'll ever put up more than 30 points. Hope I'm wrong.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sort off. I love Pageau. But he is a career 145G in 720 game guy. Most of those goals were deflected or screened.

Compared to Marc Stone, his shot is a weakness.
It's funny, because I don't really see either as having a great shot.

Stone over his career averaged around 27 goals per 82 games, Pageau about 17, but Pageau played a lot of his career on the 3rd line as a shut down guy and got far less PP time. I think their shots might actually be a bit closer than you'd initially think, even if Stone still has the advantage. Stone's always been more of a playmaker to me though.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Stone over his career averaged around 27 goals per 82 games, Pageau about 17, but Pageau played a lot of his career on the 3rd line as a shut down guy and got far less PP time. I think their shots might actually be a bit closer than you'd initially think, even if Stone still has the advantage. Stone's always been more of a playmaker to me though.
I think Stone has a much better shot, but he doesn't use it enough as he is such a good playmaker.

I was just saying JG does have an NHL shot, even if it is average.

Reactions: DrEasy

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK

I'm not saying he is Matthews or Ovechkin but Stone has a solid wrister. It's underused in my opinion but still good.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd like to see him play with Perron. I think the rats could come together on an identity style 3rd line. Maybe Norris on the left as the trigger man. Norris seems to play his best when he's involved physically playing with an edge..
I'd prefer to see Ostapchuk with Greig & Perron who is a right shot. Ostapchuk is pretty tough with size & will be able to step in to help both those guys when shit goes nuts. Ostapchuk also has some offence to his game as well which might help him develop offensively a little. I don't think we want Norris getting involved in any crap until we know he is full recovered. Just a thought.

Ostapchuk - Greig - Perron

Reactions: Silky Johnson

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm hoping for a version of Zack Smith in Ostapchuk.
Ostapchuk had that big fight against Rempe that got all sorts of visibility but is he really a fighter? Zack had loads of aggression in his game, but I don't see it in Ostapchuk.

I hope he plays big, with some speed, and becomes a great PK guy.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ostapchuk had that big fight against Rempe that got all sorts of visibility but is he really a fighter? Zack had loads of aggression in his game, but I don't see it in Ostapchuk.

I hope he plays big, with some speed, and becomes a great PK guy.
Not a fighter, but he isn't afraid to drop them it seems, all three fights this past season were against Laval so that's a plus in my books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad