Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa has another very good young player in Greig, Pinto emerged last yr & again to end this season as an emerging great player. I think we will see JBD take another step next season, it came as a bit of a surprise to see JBD lead the team in blocked shots, Coaches like shot blockers, they come in handy during the PK too.

Have Arrived:
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Sanderson -

Developing Nicely:
Greig - Pinto
JBD

More Coming:
Ostapchuk - Halliday - Sokolov
Kleven - Guennette
Sogaard

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ottawa has another very good young player in Greig, Pinto emerged last yr & again to end this season as an emerging great player. I think we will see JBD take another step next season, it came as a bit of a surprise to see JBD lead the team in blocked shots, Coaches like shot blockers, they come in handy during the PK too.

Have Arrived:
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Sanderson -

Developing Nicely:
Greig - Pinto
JBD

More Coming:
Ostapchuk - Halliday - Sokolov
Kleven - Guennette
Sogaard
I’d add kastelic and Crookshank as guys I’d be happy to have in there, could see helping in the playoffs.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
A lot of Sens fans see Greig has topping out as a 40 pt good third liner, but his production has been good-great in every league he's been in relative to his age.

Also, while they are smaller sample sizes due to games missed from injuries+Covid, Greig's Draft+1 and Draft+2 production was arguably better than Pinto's and Norris' were in their respective leagues.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
A lot of Sens fans see Greig has topping out as a 40 pt good third liner, but his production has been good-great in every league he's been in relative to his age.

Also, while they are smaller sample sizes due to games missed from injuries+Covid, Greig's Draft+1 and Draft+2 production was arguably better than Pinto's and Norris' were in their respective leagues.
He will be a great PK guy, shift disturber and back it up with point production.

He was very good when given larger minutes last year, and I think he remains underrated.

Whenever someone gets down on him, I will just post these.

He just gets it!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see him play with Perron. I think the rats could come together on an identity style 3rd line. Maybe Norris on the left as the trigger man. Norris seems to play his best when he's involved physically playing with an edge..

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I'd like to see him play with Perron. I think the rats could come together on an identity style 3rd line. Maybe Norris on the left as the trigger man. Norris seems to play his best when he's involved physically playing with an edge..
You have
Brady - Pinto - Batherson
?
Perron - Greig - Norris
?

I like. How do you have the other 2 lines?

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
You have
?
Perron - Greig - Norris
?

Stützle is the 1C on this team. Two of Giroux, Brady, Batherson, Perron, Norris will be on his wing.

Pinto is a 2C/Matchup guy and will get the next best winger situation

I could see Grieg and Perron being the sandpaper guys with Amadio riding shotgun.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Stützle is the 1C on this team. Two of Giroux, Brady, Batherson, Perron, Norris will be on his wing.

Pinto is a 2C/Matchup guy and will get the next best winger situation

I could see Grieg and Perron being the sandpaper guys with Amadio riding shotgun.
When asked about Ammo, the guys said he played with Stu. So maybe..
Ammo- Stu - G.

Brady - Pinto - Bath
Ammo - Stu - G
Perron - Greig - Norris

What you got for the 4th if those are the top 3?

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
When asked about Ammo, the guys said he played with Stu. So maybe..
Ammo- Stu - G.

Brady - Pinto - Bath
Ammo - Stu - G
Perron - Greig - Norris

What you got for the 4th if those are the top 3?

If Stu is at his most productive with Amadio then great. Doubt it though.

Stützle is the 1C on this team and I am not sure I want to see Amadio getting top line minutes. He will also PK. PK & Top line 5v5 minutes is likely too much Amadio.

Maybe Crooks-Ostapchuk-Gregor? If Ostapchuk transitions well that line could be useful.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
If Stu is at his most productive with Amadio then great. Doubt it though.

Stützle is the 1C on this team and I am not sure I want to see Amadio getting top line minutes. He will also PK. PK & Top line 5v5 minutes is likely too much Amadio.

Maybe Crooks-Ostapchuk-Gregor? If Ostapchuk transitions well that line could be useful.
What about Macewen - Ost and Gregor?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Brady Stu G
Perron Norris Bath
Greig Pinto Amadio

The 4th line is a total mystery to me at this point, but we do have a decent pool, with some speed and tenacity to pick from. I am hoping for a surprise in camp.

I thought Greig and G had a lot of chemistry last season, so I could see them together as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You have
?
Perron - Greig - Norris
?

I just have a feeling amadio will play well with Stutzle. High iq guys seem to play well with him. He has skill and decent feet.

Amadio Stutzle Giroux would be the other scoring line.

4th line

Gregor-Ostapchuk/Cousins- Macewen

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I just have a feeling amadio will play well with Stutzle. High iq guys seem to play well with him. He has skill and decent feet.

Amadio Stutzle Giroux would be the other scoring line.

4th line

Gregor-Ostapchuk/Cousins- Macewen
That's what I did. Then you could switch Ammo and Perron depending if it was a pk or pp heavy game. Let's lock this in.

Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Amadio - Stutzle - Giroux
Perron - Grieg - Norris
Gregor - Ostapchuk - Macewen

Looks balanced with the ability to switch lines up on the fly by moving a couple guys without throwing everything in a blender.

Reactions: scout20 and bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad