Ric Flair - Please Stop Embarrassing Yourself

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Pssttt Ric - the ESPN list covers the 21st century. :shakehead

from awfulannouncing.com:

Professional wrestler Ric Flair entertained fans worldwide for decades with his flashy style and tremendous in-ring work.

Flair wrestled matches in every decade from the 1970s to the 2020s, though the bulk of his career as a top star was from the 1970s to the 1990s.

Flair’s in-ring career ended in 2011, except for one final match in 2022. Since then, he has stayed relevant by appearing with or for various sports teams, rappers, and commercials.

This week, ESPN unveiled a list of the 21st century’s 100 greatest athletes. On Wednesday, Flair took to his X account, seemingly unaware that the list only covers the past 24 years.

Flair’s post also mentions that he never pulled out of a match due to a “calf muscle strain,” which feels like a particular and pointed reference to someone on the list. Thankfully, Flair doesn’t have an issue with quarterback Tom Brady being above him.

The 75-year-old was a great wrestler and athlete overall in his time. But his time passed long ago, and now he comes off as a sad old man looking to relive his glory days.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He wanted to turn heel on Sting in his retirement match too

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Are people actually taking his comments seriously?

I see a former wrestler portraying his character for the enjoyment of fans on social media. Yes, believe it or not, Flair still has piles of fans who still enjoy seeing him portray "The Nature Boy".

He wanted to turn heel on Sting in his retirement match too

Would of made more sense than Flair buddying up to his long-time rival.

Reactions: Idiot Stick and Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I see a former wrestler portraying his character for the enjoyment of fans on social media. Yes, believe it or not, Flair still has piles of fans who still enjoy seeing him portray "The Nature Boy".

Would have made more sense than Flair buddying up to his long-time rival.
Ric had his chance, more than once, to have finality. This wasn’t his moment to get himself over.

Reactions: Fro and BruinDust

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Would of made more sense than Flair buddying up to his long-time rival.
I highly doubt he's joking or in character. He's just a delusional clown at this point.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I highly doubt he's joking or in character. He's just a delusional clown at this point.

He spends his free time partying and socializing with legitimate professional athletes. It has been well-documented that in real life Flair has issues with self confidence as strange as that sounds. Other guys have joked how they have to remind Flair that he's freakin' Ric Flair when he gets down on himself.

I think his post is meant to be 100% kayfabe but to each his own.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The actual stupid thing is caring about a list that is such 65 IQ clickbait that Connor McDavid barely made the cut.
Christine Sinclair is the all-time leader in national team soccer scoring, ever, man or woman. That list contains four women who aren't that, but not her.

Blame Canada.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Never really cared for him in first place, but he’s gone full on delusional lately. Just looks like a clown more and more

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You'd think people would've jumped ship on him when he went on Rogan's podcast and was bragging about banging high school girls in the 80s...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You'd think people would've jumped ship on him when he went on Rogan's podcast and was bragging about banging high school girls in the 80s...
I must've missed it, but at the same time I try not listen to a whole segment with him anymore.

Even if he was lying(as I never know what to believe of him) it's a pretty stupid thing to be lying about.

Guy is 75 years old trying to relive those glory years he had

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad