Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Daniel Sprong to 1-Year Deal ($975K)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
1000058202.jpg

Reactions: Indiana

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It's good that sprong is a buddy with EP. It suggests there shouldn't be any character or locker room concerns with him

I'm a little concerned that EP on a potential line with Sprong and Debrusk, he will try to set them up to score too often rather than just ripping the puck in himself. I hope to see him be more selfish and shoot much more than he did last season

carjackmalone

Dec 30, 2023
Sprong has a way to high opinion of himself as a player ,he has turned down multiple call ups to the Dutch national team because he thinks it will ruin his eligibility to play for Team Canada

He is not getting a call up to Canada

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know how Allvin does it, year after year ago. Last July 1st, Pius Suter mystifyingly remained on the UFA board for more than a month, before the Canucks pounced and signed him to a 'value contract'.

This July 1st it was Daniel Sprong, who languished on the UFA board long after free agent frenzy. And the Canucks signed him to a one-year, $950,000 contract that now rates as one of the top-10 'value contracts' in the entire league.

Obviously other teams weren't entire sold on him. But you'd think that with NHL teams desperate for scoring help, a guy who's a threat to hit the 20-goal mark, even in limited minutes, would be in far greater demand.

But I guess sometimes it just happens--that a player simply falls through the cracks. And the Canucks grabbed a guy who's maybe a bit of 'risk', but the potential 'reward' is high. And one year at only a couple of hundred grand over the league minimum, is 'found money'.

Ad

Ad

Ad