GDT: 2024 Rookie Faceoff. Yay Hockey is back! Rookie Camp starts Sept 12th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

The Ducks announced today that the club will participate in the seven-team Rookie Faceoff tournament hosted by the Los Angeles Kings from Sept. 13-16. The tournament will coincide with Anaheim Ducks Rookie Camp, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12 at Great Park Ice (camp schedule and roster to be announced at a later date).

Friday, Sept. 13
Game 1 - San Jose vs. UHC, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Colorado vs. Anaheim, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Vegas vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Game 1 - Seattle vs. Colorado, 3:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Sunday, Sept. 15
Game 1 - Vegas vs. Seattle, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Anaheim vs. San Jose, 4:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Monday, Sept. 16

Game 1 - Colorado vs. San Jose, 11:30 a.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Vegas, 12:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Anaheim vs. Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gautimid with a couple nice defensive plays to stop the Sharks from countering on the PK. Powerplay was pretty ass but what else is new?

Reactions: Kalv

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ducks coaching showing zero strategy or tactics, just sloppy hustle/individual plays and no clean passing and support. Mirroring the blowouts that we are going to be seeing most games this season at the NHL and AHL levels. Continuing to reiterate organizational incompetence from top down.

Reactions: Kalv

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I'd say he's been our best forward...I mean that's what you expect and he could be better but still

Yeah I mean he’ll thrive as a shooter for Leo soon so I don’t want to bury him too much but as the skill player on a line he has frustrated me

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ducks coaching showing zero strategy or tactics, just sloppy hustle/individual plays and no clean passing and support. Mirroring the blowouts that we are going to be seeing most games this season at the NHL and AHL levels. Continuing to reiterate organizational incompetence from top down.
I truly cannot see where any coaching is coming from. Looks like the Ducks are playing a pick up game put together at the last minute. Sharks look like they have some structure.

Reactions: Kalv and cheesymc

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
These commentators are unbearable.

Down 1-3:
“This is the most competitive and exciting prospect tournament I’ve ever seen”

Down 1-7:
“Well, a few more minutes of this before we can forget about this one… anything positive at all to take from this?”

Last edited:
Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
All right so I think the whole team looked bad and it's hard to give much individual praise.

I thought this was a less impactful game for Luneau. He didn't look as hungry to make an impact on every inch of the ice but he looked solid in his own zone for his own part. Still our best defenseman but a lot more rookie errors tonight.

I thought this was a better all around game for Gauthier. Yeah he will thrive better as a complimentary player for a top 6 center but I thought he was one of our more consistent forwards and the best forward defensively.

Sidorov is probably the second most impressive forward overall. I don't think his skill play is going to translate right to the NHL right away and he'll need AHL time but his commitment to two way play and forechecking is commendable.

Pastujov is still playing a responsible but unremarkable game. He makes clean passes and is willing to battle along the boards but he was rarely involved in creating any dangerous chances.

Colangelo was fine. He didn't do anything great but he wasn't as much of a turnover machine as he was in the last game.

Dionicio is still raw. He's got good skill and good wheels but his defensive awareness is not where you'd hope it'd be. And there were a handful of times his hands worked faster than his brain with unforced turnovers.

Butyets was shaky. He seemed to physically panic almost every time the Sharks were well set up to get pucks to the net. Not every goal was his fault but there were a good 4 goals he could and should have had.

It's too many guys but the prospects that stepped in for their first game tonight were all mediocre to bad (the fourth line in particular sucked ass)

Warren still looks like he's very far from the NHL. He doesn't defend well, he doesn't play offense well, and even the physical element of his game was lacking.

Outside of a couple nice passes, Myatovic looked lost a lot both on offense and defense. I think maybe you can chalk that up to coaching or nerves, but he didn't do much to impress me.

Terrance has good hustle but you can tell he's a project. Very inconsistent decision making.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He’s not a play driver at all.

Fans are going to be really disappointed if they think he’s going to be some great possession player

He’ll thrive with good centers
Yeah. He’s a sniper, he’s not a dominant player.

For the game, I liked the attitude, I liked that they didn’t quit, didn’t like much else.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s not a play driver at all.

Fans are going to be really disappointed if they think he’s going to be some great possession player

He’ll thrive with good centers

We don’t need another possession player, need a player who can snipe and bury goals, and is responsible on defense, and is physical . Gauthier fits that bill.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We don’t need another possession player, need a player who can snipe and bury goals, and is responsible on defense, and is physical . Gauthier fits that bill.
I’m not criticizing him even or saying we need him to be a possession player.

There are some people here that I think are thinking he’s something he’s not though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad