Value of: RHD available and who needs one?

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Would love a proven RHD for the leafs someone we could play on the top pairing with Rielly. Doesn't have to be a top pairing dman but just someone who can handle the minutes and not look totally out of place. What would be the asking price for Barrie or Shatty?

Eriktion

Nov 28, 2010
Edmonton
SJs group think is gonna kill me - but Braun should be available for the right price. We've got a log jam now that Schlemko has been signed. We'd prefer to move Dillion, but for the right price you'd have to consider Braun. I mean if Larsson gets you Hall....

If Braun is available the Oilers should be all over that like white on rice. In my humble opinion, Braun significantly outplayed his D partner Vlasic for the majority of the games in the playoffs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looks like Barrie is only going to be traded to potentially one team and that isn't going to happen unless they give up Draisaitl.

It's come from Colorado that they wanted either Draisaitl or Hall for Barrie, nothing less. Only one of those guys are left and there's still been no deal despite how positive Rishaug is in Edmonton wanting him. I'm guessing that hold up is Sakic not budging off Draisaitl but PC is trying to dress up a RNH++ proposal.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Looks like Barrie is only going to be traded to potentially one team and that isn't going to happen unless they give up Draisaitl.

It's come from Colorado that they wanted either Draisaitl or Hall for Barrie, nothing less. Only one of those guys are left and there's still been no deal despite how positive Rishaug is in Edmonton wanting him. I'm guessing that hold up is Sakic not budging off Draisaitl but PC is trying to dress up a RNH++ proposal.

Keep dreaming... But after the Hall trade I know you will..
:laugh:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How am I dreaming. I listed the asking price from Colorado, not from me.

Link to the asking price? Or admit you are BSing..

Maybe Chia isnt budging from RNh for Barrie++ and is insisting on Eberle straight up. Who knows..

I am not going to claim anything since no one really knows whats going on.. Chia walked away from the Subban deal because he wasnt going to include Draisaitl to the deal. Doubt he includes him now that top4 D isnt a desperate need..

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm on my iPhone so don't know how to embed tweets but I'm sure one of you can. It was from BSN.

Avs fans were talking about it so when they see this I'm sure someone will post it.

Edit: not embedded but I copied the tweet itself

Barrie has been connected with EDM all summer. Word has it, the Avs wanted Hall or Draisatl, EDM wants to part with RNH. That's stuck.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
I'm on my iPhone so don't know how to embed tweets but I'm sure one of you can. It was from BSN.

Avs fans were talking about it so when they see this I'm sure someone will post it.

Thanks.

BSNAvalanche might be a good source (I don't know) but I really really doubt Oilers part with Draisaitl.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks.

BSNAvalanche might be a good source (I don't know) but I really really doubt Oilers part with Draisaitl.

They're a great source. My reputable than the Denver post or any other local squad in Colorado.

I agree with you on Leon though. I don't see them moving him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

And how does that explain your RNH++ claim?

The Fire Chia movement will be in full swing if Chia trades Draisaitl and Chia knows it.
Maybe that was an option when Hall wasnt traded and Chia was desperate but no way it happens now.

No one has reported that Chia would entertain trading Draisaitl for Barrie.. Most of the rumors have been around RNH and Eberle..

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
And how does that explain your RNH++ claim?

The Fire Chia movement will be in full swing if Chia trades Draisaitl and Chia knows it.
Maybe that was an option when Hall wasnt traded and Chia was desperate but no way it happens now.

No one has reported that Chia would entertain trading Draisaitl for Barrie.. Most of the rumors have been around RNH and Eberle..

What do you mean how does it support my RNH++ claim? If Chia was pushing RNH and Colorado didn't want it I'm guessing they would have to add. That's pretty self explanatory lol.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
What do you mean how does it support my RNH++ claim? If Chia was pushing RNH and Colorado didn't want it I'm guessing they would have to add. That's pretty self explanatory lol.

GMs try to save face as much as possible, Bergevin trading Subban for Webber for example.

If RNH is the centre piece of a Barrie trade there are other pieces added on both sides to make it work and for both GMs to not look like they were on the wrong side of the trade.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
GMs try to save face as much as possible, Bergevin trading Subban for Webber for example.

If RNH is the centre piece of a Barrie trade there are other pieces added on both sides to make it work and for both GMs to not look like they were on the wrong side of the trade.

Meyers for Dry or RNH and Nurse with the slight chance Nurse turns into a 5\6 defenseman,RNH becomes our #3 center but a very good one if he stays healthy. A 6mil a yr 3rd center thus the add of Nurse.

Last edited:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

So by your logic it would be Barrie ++ for Draisaitl

Also there is nothing to suggest that it wouldnt be Barrie++ for RNH.

if COL is pushing for Duchene or Landeskog for Trouba but WPG wants MacKinnon, it doesnt mean MacKinnon is on the table. It also doesnt mean it would take Landeskog++ to get Trouba.

Just sayin!

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Meyers for Dry or RNH and Nurse with the slight chance Nurse turns into a 5\6 defenseman,RNH becomes our #3 center but a very good one if he stays healthy. A 6mil a yr 3rd center thus the add of Nurse.

Klefbom for Little + Ehlers
Little will be our overpaid 3C therefore Ehlers.

hope you get the point..

This thread is about available RDs and the team that needs them and not really about making outlandish proposals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad