Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I don't get the florida toughness hype either.

It's like tarasenko and forsling and verhage or something? Unless Lundell is a beast I don't see it.

If they can nuter tkachuk they should be able to beat them physically no?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
anything can happen. enjoy the ride. but realize either team could win.. leaving one side sad:( The eventual let down is easier when you remember your not invincible.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12 and PBandJ

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yes I know how it goes here. Everything bad was Holland and everything good wasn’t.
Is that what you read I said?

I don't get the florida toughness hype either.

It's like tarasenko and forsling and verhage or something? Unless Lundell is a beast I don't see it.

If they can nuter tkachuk they should be able to beat them physically no?
Apparently tkachuk was neutered last series according to the Panthers pod someone posted earlier in the thread.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Hope the Oilers practiced rush chances. We’ll get tons of looks off rush chances. Not really a strength of ours this year, but will need to bury our chances in this series.
Yes!!!

Bruce Curlock pointed out earlier this week (the best guy at breaking down systems) that he wants Florida to forecheck hard because Oilers break the puck up the middle and will get tons of chances

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Holy crap that was embarrassing. Frustrating that some of these states even have teams.
Typical American reporting. "um there is a guy who might be next Wayne Gretzky"

Literally the only name in hockey your average American had heard.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes!!!

Bruce Curlock pointed out earlier this week (the best guy at breaking down systems) that he wants Florida to forecheck hard because Oilers break the puck up the middle and will get tons of chances
I’ll have to check that out. Yeh i’m rewatching Cats-Bs right now. And watched some Rags-Cats earlier this week.

Their hard 3-man in forecheck exposes their D to be left alone to defend the neutral zone. If we can escape pressure and get quick outs (we will, we’re awesome at that), we should be able to get atleast a 3 on 2 going. But from what I’m seeing in these games we should be able to get better than that too, as the Florida D as a 2 man unit in NZ can break down. May get some 2 on 1 and breakaways off of it too.

This will be a Series where Bouchard’s vision and outlets can really shine. But we have decent to great outlets through out our D core too. Nurses skating can come in handy too, if we can get a quick out i could see him beating the FLA fwds up the ice as well to join the rush.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Watching Bs-Cats G2. Marchand is just trucking guys out there. Rocked Tkachuk and Ekblad in the 1st period with some good hits. No wonder Bennett had to take him out with that punch in G3 was it?

But if diminutive Marchand can lay a licking on these guys. We should be able to get our shots in too. Up and down the line up we need guys ready to hit. Ready to give back as much as we get.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
A trip down nightmare lane.

Could always be worse...

Screenshot 2024-06-07 012834.png

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Watching Bs-Cats G2. Marchand is just trucking guys out there. Rocked Tkachuk and Ekblad in the 1st period with some good hits. No wonder Bennett had to take him out with that punch in G3 was it?

But if diminutive Marchand can lay a licking on these guys. We should be able to get our shots in too. Up and down the line up we need guys ready to hit. Ready to give back as much as we get.

• Love
Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
No one is a Trouba like asshole besides Trouba.
I’m saying those other guys hit to hurt. No necessarily dirty, but can be. Like Kulikov throws clean hits to hurt. Lomberg only sometimes, gets his hands up alot. Ronald not dirty, but can cross check alot when defending.

Okay fine, now I’m sold.
The bolded reminded me of what Smid said this morning on 1440, talking about what the guys in front of the net like Hyman deal with. Smid said he was trying to break their backs lol

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The bolded reminded me of what Smid said this morning on 1440, talking about what the guys in front of the net like Hyman deal with. Smid said he was trying to break their backs lol
Haha yeh I could see that. That was crosschecks off era of the NHL too. Montreal pretty much cross checked their way to a Cup final. The god damn rules better used for this series.

Speaking of cross checks to the back, would be nice to bury one on Tkachuk when he comes in for one of his 180 spin butt checks. If he comes in with his back like that, just crack him in the back hard.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Haha yeh I could see that. That was crosschecks off era of the NHL too. Montreal pretty much cross checked their way to a Cup final. The god damn rules better used for this series.

Speaking of cross checks to the back, would be nice to bury one on Tkachuk when he comes in for one of his 180 spin butt checks. If he comes in with his back like that, just crack him in the back hard.
It would be worth it, even if the refs happen to call it

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Skinners stick handling and passing is going to be tested this series. Hope that part of his game is strong for this series. Will need some Mike Smith forecheck killin help. Not really Skinners game though unfortunately, but just has to keep his touches simple and solid.

Reactions: K1984

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It would be worth it, even if the refs happen to call it
If we ever get a sizeable lead. I hope we just go ham on the physicality. Risk some penalties, get some huge licks in. These Cats haven’t been seen enough pushback in the soft Eastern conference. Especially NYR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad