Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Having a tough time predicting how these teams matchup, especially considering the conferences feel like different leagues at times. Florida looks impressive against eastern conference teams much like they did last year(especially when they swept the perpetually overrated Canes), but they got straight up trounced by Knights in 5 games. They have less of a Cinderella stink to them this year, but they also rolled a much declined Tbay, a much worse Boston team in a rematch(who have turned into mental midgets in their decline), and a roster full of playoff ghosts that fold at the slightest sign of pushback in the Rangers - not getting the sense that they're all that much better than last year when they were barely competitive against the top team coming out of the west.

Looking forward to the series regardless, should be exciting.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
This will be a nasty series. Florida is pretty dirty at times... RatBoy and Bennett.

Florida is a better version of the Stars. The Stars had too many over the hill players (Benn, Seguin, Pavs) and very young ones (Harley, Robertson, Johnston, Stanks). The Panthers are in their vet primes. Should be close. Oilers in 7.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Do your duty as an Albertan. Kill the golden Ratchuk

goldenrat.jpg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This will be a nasty series. Florida is pretty dirty at times... RatBoy and Bennett.

Florida is a better version of the Stars. The Stars had too many over the hill players (Benn, Seguin, Pavs) and very young ones (Harley, Robertson, Johnston, Stanks). The Panthers are in their vet primes. Should be close. Oilers in 7.
Florida has been pretty tame these playoffs (at least since the Marchand headshot). I expect them to turn the dirt back on for this series though.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
The turning point of this series was Klefbom on the big screen. Everything turned around after that, Skinner has been a WALL.

Tkachuk thought he could get away from us, ran as far away as he could. Sorry turtle boy, can’t escape the Oilers

The break will be good for the Oilers imo. Get some rest, especially the older guys. Ekholm and Perry both look great after a few days off. Also Knoblauch has my full faith now, this just gives him more time to study Florida and come up with ways to win.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t think I’m ready for Panthers talk yet.

But Oilers in 4.

- I did think playing the Stars could be too our advantage moving forward cause of how soft Deboers Angelic Stars are. But looks like Panthers faced a soft Rags team too

- Rest/Rust should be the same for both clubs. But i wish the series started earlier with so much things clicking for the Oilers right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad