Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Can someone point me in the direction of the best/moat reputable websites for (re-sale) tickets?

Planning on calling in sick for work the week of Game 3&4, flying to Edmonton, going to a game, and then back to Australia for work the next week.

Thanks

Ticketmaster - the Oilers are releasing some tickets tomorrow I believe. If you come from down under let me know!

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
1717415748753.png

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Still absolutely wired from last night! On to Florida.

Going with the Oilers in 6. Bennet and Tkachuk getting under opponents skin is a huge benefit to Florida. I think we can weather that quite a bit because our guys know them and their antics very well.

GO OILERS

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
There are people who literally had kids because of the 2006 playoff run, are watching them graduate high school and leave for university, and can now kick back and watch the next Oilers playoff run. 18 years. 18 years. The 2006 playoff run had one of our kids, cost us 18 years.

I thought the hit Perry took in game 5 was going to sideline him and the thought of going up against Florida without him made me uneasy. I think he's going to play a big part in absorbing and attracting some of antics of Tkachuk, Bennett, Cousins, etc. and draw heat away from McDavid, Drai, Nuge & Bouch. I hope it wasn't just ink a couple of years ago in the BoA and that even with a hernia, Kane moves back in to his residence in Tkachuks head.

LET'S GO OILERS!!!!
I had my daughter in August 2006. Graduating this cup run. She is an Oilers fan as well. Im so happy we have got to this point in her youth. LOts of dark days along the way

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I've been living and dying with this team since '79.

I've been a member of HFboards for over 20 years (joined Feb 2002).

I lived through the heartbreak of G7 2006, shortly followed by the Pronger trade fiasco.

I'm going to ****ing enjoy this week, and the series that follows.

I'm 54 years old now, who knows when this chance will come again. There's no guarantees in life (I've had to bury 2 brothers-in-law, both dying around the age I am now), so this is for Tom and Raymond.

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024
Still absolutely wired from last night! On to Florida.

Going with the Oilers in 6. Bennet and Tkachuk getting under opponents skin is a huge benefit to Florida. I think we can weather that quite a bit because our guys know them and their antics very well.

GO OILERS
I would love to see Florida match Bennet against 29 or 97. Please do it Maurice.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
For those hoping for Gagner to play a game for Edmonton, worried he won't be on the Cup, the rules states:

To earn the status of getting your name engraved on the Stanley Cup, players must play at least 40 games through the regular season or one in the Cup final. Although not an official ruling, this standard helps dictate those who are considered part of the championship team.

I think they can make exceptions to adding certain players to the cup if they don't play 1 game in the Finals.

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
6 looooong days till we face off against an old nemesis. Possibly the most hated pair of players we’ve faced off against in decades will be returning to Rogers.

Sam The Chin Up Man Bennett and Ratboy.

Oilers went 0-2 against the Panthers this year and Florida is a completely different animal than we’ve faced yet. A hybrid between LA and Vancouver but with more buzzsaw.

It ain’t gonna be easy but we’ve got the best Special Teams, the Viking, Redempskin, Bouch Bombs, RZH, Shaq, the Kane Train, Coffey, KK, Connor Brown (a very secret weapon) and the 2 best players in the world.

Oilers in 5 after a rough Game 1.

Cups Comin’ Home baby!
15993455437_060f3e6b47_b.jpg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
For those hoping for Gagner to play a game for Edmonton, worried he won't be on the Cup, the rules states:

To earn the status of getting your name engraved on the Stanley Cup, players must play at least 40 games through the regular season or one in the Cup final. Although not an official ruling, this standard helps dictate those who are considered part of the championship team.

I think they can make exceptions to adding certain players to the cup if they don't play 1 game in the Finals.

Dress Gagner for game one because of the "unofficial rule" and because he deserves one kick at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad