GDT: Retirement home of life @ Retirement home of hockey 7 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
goldie keeps on saying that we're getting really close and pushing, but we've honestly had like 1 or 2 decent scoring chances this period. otherwise, they've been easy shots for kinkaid

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Seriously.. How does every team against us always have the slot open on us. Just throw a pass in front of our net you'll have a player open there.

Us getting the shot advantage in the 2nd does not mean we were better. We looked very similar to the 1rst period it's just that Devils stopped playing altogether

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Can we bench Jokinen?!?
I wish. Unfortunately it's up to the coach.

We need to stop signing these slow moving, soft, east/west, drop passing, no shooting players. They just do this for the whole game. Once they lose that one, it's just on to the next game to do it some more and lose again. They don't even try to adjust their playing style, this is not the big ice, play north American hockey please. This is why we've been at the bottom of the league the last two years. So what do we do, we go out and sign more of them.

Last edited:

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Step off the pedal a bit offensively to focus on defense? Of course. "Toy" with the other team. No.

We're working hard, we just aren't that good.

Well then fire Tallon he told us it was a 5 year plan, its been 5 years where's our Stanley Cup? If we aren't good enough to beat Keith Kincaid now then I don't see enough potential for this team to ever be THAT good

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Just watched Boston 1rst goal. A snap shot from the blueline. Why does it go in? They created traffic in front of the net all the time

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Just watched Boston 1rst goal. A snap shot from the blueline. Why does it go in? They created traffic in front of the net all the time

Again, the only two guys we have who go to the front of the net on a consistent basis are scratched for whatever reason. Why we scratch them instead of Jokinen Flash or Thornton, I have no idea, but Gallant seems to be more and more clueless every game

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Well then fire Tallon he told us it was a 5 year plan, its been 5 years where's our Stanley Cup? If we aren't good enough to beat Keith Kincaid now then I don't see enough potential for this team to ever be THAT good

:rolleyes:

I really hope no one believed that. Sometimes, in life, you just have to say things to keep people happy. Taking a team with no assets to the Cup in 5 years is never, was never, and will never be a realistic expectation. We aren't good enough to beat the NEW JERSEY DEVILS on one night. That's not important. Our best skaters are 18, 19, 21, and 22. Let them mature.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
url

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Again, the only two guys we have who go to the front of the net on a consistent basis are scratched for whatever reason. Why we scratch them instead of Jokinen Flash or Thornton, I have no idea, but Gallant seems to be more and more clueless every game

The fact that Jokinen and Bolland have not been a healthy scratch shows that Gallant is oblivious or he can scratch them due to their contracts

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Fun stat

Devils will be only 5 points behind us after this game

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
The fact that Jokinen and Bolland have not been a healthy scratch shows that Gallant is oblivious or he can scratch them due to their contracts

I'll never understand the scratch Bolland or Jokinen campaigns. Jokinen is our third highest scoring forward and plays PK. Bolland contributes some points and is fine in a third line center role. But scracth them because it's their turn? Or because we don't like how how they look when they play? I don't get it.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

Worst part we can't dump Bolland or Jokinen for picks because nobody would take them free

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I'll never understand the scratch Bolland or Jokinen campaigns. Jokinen is our third highest scoring forward and plays PK. Bolland contributes some points and is fine in a third line center role. But scracth them because it's their turn? Or because we don't like how how they look when they play? I don't get it.

Ah. I think it's just an argument for not scratching Hayes.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
:rolleyes:

I really hope no one believed that. Sometimes, in life, you just have to say things to keep people happy. Taking a team with no assets to the Cup in 5 years is never, was never, and will never be a realistic expectation. We aren't good enough to beat the NEW JERSEY DEVILS on one night. That's not important. Our best skaters are 18, 19, 21, and 22. Let them mature.

We don't have time for that, we'll be in Quebec by then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad