Pre-Game Talk: Resident Evil 4

OfCorsiDid

Darkness consumes everything.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Certainly, they are free to do as they please, and will bear the consequences of their actions. I am not in favour of the cancel culture however, as I said, rational discourse and understanding will be better than calling someone an asshole. Calling someone an asshole typically wont help them understand the opposing viewpoint.

Personally I do not see the big deal about wearing a jersey supporting a community. It's not an endorsement per se, it's a simple gesture in good faith that you are welcome.

If Colin Kaepernick feels taking a knee is important to him, then so be it. Walk a mile in someones shoes before we throw stones I suppose.

Unless your a Leafs fan, then throw all the stones you can find.
Precisely the right way to take this all.

Iol okay dude

I wish that if you're in opposition you'd be required not to wear the jersey but still take warmup. That would be extraordinarily democratic.

***This refers to a fan***

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Now that we know that McDavid was pushing for 60, I hope he has the goal of hitting 70. It would obviously be quite difficult but it would be a shame if he just closes up shop and sits back more now that he has reached 60. lol

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton
Now that we know that McDavid was pushing for 60, I hope he has the goal of hitting 70. It would obviously be quite difficult but it would be a shame if he just closes up shop and sits back more now that he has reached 60. lol
Well, that's not going to happen.
That being said, I'm sure number 1 in his mind is winning games.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
What a great opportunity with this upcoming block of games is to ramp up your game and send a message to your two likeliest playoff opponents. Start planting those seeds of doubt in your opponent now.

When I’m competing in anything, simply winning just isn’t enough, I want to tear my opponent down and destroy them psychologically. I want to make them question their own abilities and make them doubt themselves. It’s so satisfying knowing that consciously and subconsciously your opponent doesn’t believe they can beat you and it makes it easier because they always end up beating themselves.

Reactions: Porkleaker

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
When I’m competing in anything, simply winning just isn’t enough, I want to tear my opponent down and destroy them psychologically. I want to make them question their own abilities and make them doubt themselves. It’s so satisfying knowing that consciously and subconsciously your opponent doesn’t believe they can beat you and it makes it easier because they always end up beating themselves.

Don’t we all do this?

Valheim just got released on Xbox, one of the first games that tore me away from Deep Rock Galactic (highly recommended) for any amount of time in years.
Deep Rock makes me car sick.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
What's with the video game talk? They all suck like the Flames suck.

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Except for the fLames. That is objective truth.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
No one here playing nhl23? Probably nothing more frustrating than this game but it's my favorite thing to do after watching Oilers games. Nothing like Jeff Beukeboom with truculence destroying Mitch marner. I don't even play to win anymore I'm division 3 slipping into 4...just have ekholm and beukeboom with truculence and am head hunting all game.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Sounds like Holland made the right choice going for Ekholm rather than Chychurn.

He’s gonna be out for a few weeks with an LBI.

Absolutely, I noticed how he was getting punished in the Oilers vs Sens game, looked like he was injured twice in that game so didn't see him lasting long before an injury. Holland definitely made the right call!

Maybe Chychrun should try eating cooked meat instead. His body is probably miserable lol

"But my body wants it" lol :rolleyes: okay pal.

What a great opportunity with this upcoming block of games is to ramp up your game and send a message to your two likeliest playoff opponents. Start planting those seeds of doubt in your opponent now.

Did you ever play Risk or Monopoly with Jack Campbell? Might explain a few things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Duke74 and McDrai

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I'm going to go ahead and assume that roughly half the board has no idea what "Resident Evil 4" is so I'll fill them in: It's a new(ish) video game.

Anyway, needless to say we've got two enormous games against the Knights here coming up that will probably decide if we win the division or not.
My first thought was, oh the GDT title is cause one of the Resident Evil movies took place in Vegas, and that's who we are playing tonight....then i realized that was Resident Evil:Extinction, which would have been #3, not 4...lol

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Deep Rock makes me car sick.
A regular leaf lover I see.

I tried this game yesterday. Looking for stones in the pitch black with fat yellow aliens chasing me. :mad:
It definitely throws you right in, I had a bit of a tough time at first but once you get set up it's a lot smoother.

Main reason I main Scout. I light everything up cause I hate the dark also
I think he was talking about Valheim. Engi main here though.

Reactions: djbard99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad