Pre-Game Talk: Resident Evil 4

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Stew vs Soup.. note the surplus values..

1kI4j6A.jpg

1zHoTJj.jpg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Re 4 og was so good. But the games are pretty short. I value a game if I get a buck an hour out of it.
That's how I look at it as well. Best value games I've played the last few years were Division 1 and 2. Have around 800 hours in each game. Somehow I have a full time job and girlfriend lol.

Resident Evil is aight, but Eternal Darkness is the GOAT of horror games and appropriately kvlt as f***
That's a game that needs a remake. Not enough people played it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'll be keeping an eye on this. ActiBlizz deserves all scorn so I'm hoping this game isn't bogged down by grindy mechanics and microtransactions. D2 is still a really damn good game and D3 is pretty good too.
It will definitely by bogged down by grindy mechanics, but that’s just all dungeon crawl Arpgs. I’m also worried about microtransactions. They’ve maintained there will be no pay to win, hopefully they stick with it. It ruined diablo immortal which otherwise was pretty fun.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I hope Klim embraces pride night. Probably not an easy decision for any Russian player.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
The aiming feels real bad to me (on PS5) I read about other people with the same issues and some options to adjust so I am going to have to try it out.

Also I kept thinking this game was tonight until just recently for some reason.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It will definitely by bogged down by grindy mechanics, but that’s just all dungeon crawl Arpgs. I’m also worried about microtransactions. They’ve maintained there will be no pay to win, hopefully they stick with it. It ruined diablo immortal which otherwise was pretty fun.
I’m okay with grinding as long as there isn’t some BS “pay to level up” mechanic. If they keep the nickel and dime crap out of the game I’ll gladly buy it.

Reactions: Spawn

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
RE2 Remake is one of the best games ever made. Would recommend. RE7 is great too.
I found both RE2 remake and RE7 great for the first like... 75% and then they both got to a point where I felt like they ran out of steam and I just began to lose interest.

RE2 remake when you get to the lab (in fact I don't even know if I finished it).
RE7 when you get to the boat.

The first half of both of them though is sensational. Especially RE7.

I'll play resident evil 4 though. I know everyone loves that one. But will also wait for a sale like @McShogun99 said.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I've only played the first two. The original when it first came out years ago and then RE 2 Remake. They did an incredible job with it. Always heard good things about all the others as well. Just gotta get around to playing them.

I know they did a remake of the first one but that was like 19 years ago. Would love a complete overhaul with the new RE engine like 2, 3 etc. The player movement, controls and the angles of trying to shoot the zombies always made it frustrating. lol

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
I found both RE2 remake and RE7 great for the first like... 75% and then they both got to a point where I felt like they ran out of steam and I just began to lose interest.

RE2 remake when you get to the lab (in fact I don't even know if I finished it).
RE7 when you get to the boat.

The first half of both of them though is sensational. Especially RE7.

I'll play resident evil 4 though. I know everyone loves that one. But will also wait for a sale like @McShogun99 said.
Re8 was really good but that's cause it played like 4

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Capcom should make another mainline entry RE game with action-heavy combat and coop. The only RE games I played was 5 and 6.

I'm excited to play more D4 this week. I already got my Rouge to 25 last weekend. Necromancer and Druid are available this weekend as well. Maybe I'll start another character.
Two words “whirlwind barbarian”.

you are welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad